Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan vs Kobe vs LeBron Through First 10 Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    lebron fans = "if you take away half of what kobe and jordan did. then lebron might be better"

yea it's not like lebron only played half of his career or anything while the other 2 are pretty much done

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    The only time Jordan was really asked to run the offense(like Lebron) was 88-89...he put up 32/8/8...so to say he couldn't pass or rebound as well is a matter of opinion or should I say mindset of the players. I think Lebron could score more as well if he had more of a assassin type mentality.
    Jordan was stat padding and running to the scorers table for half the season that year checking his stats. His coach even called him out for it...

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Jordan was stat padding and running to the scorers table for half the season that year checking his stats. His coach even called him out for it...
    As if Lebron didn't wear a T-shirt that basically asked his fans to do it for him?

Reality is ALL bigname players "check their stats" especially in the early parts of their careers, because stats are ultimately what determines playing time, team contribution and leverage during contract negotiations. Even Kobe, during his famous 81 pt game was asked by his own coach and the fans if he wanted to run up his point total just to set a "record" for the modern era.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    As if Lebron didn't wear a T-shirt that basically asked his fans to do it for him?

Reality is ALL bigname players "check their stats" especially in the early parts of their careers, because stats are ultimately what determines playing time, team contribution and leverage during contract negotiations. Even Kobe, during his famous 81 pt game was asked by his own coach and the fans if he wanted to run up his point total just to set a "record" for the modern era.
    same as checking stats during games right?
    deqal with it Jordan= notorious stat padder
    if LeBron was any kind of stat padder he would have 100 triple doubles by now

I don't know how Marlo can type holding Lebron's dick with one hand and caressing his balls with the other.

I've always thought these comparisons are a little silly - the ones that include just these three players.

A Jordan/Kobe comparison is intelligent, since their games were so very similar. Such a juxtaposition serves to remind Kobetards how superior Jordan was in every way.

But including LeBron is awkward, because he's so different as a basketball player from the other two. LeBron is much more similar to Magic on the court - but we never see a "Jordan/Magic/LeBron" comparison. It's always Jordan/Kobe/LeBron.

This might as well include Shaq and Tim Duncan, if we're going to just line up players whose games are highly contrasting and act like we can take a thoughtful ranking from their statistics and accolades alone.

jordan>lebron>kobe. what else is new

This is amazing considering this includes:

- MJ's 15 game season in '86 on limited minutes.
    - No 1994 while still being in his prime due to retirement.
    - And his '95 season (correct age 32) of just 17 games, working off rust from baseball.

MJ is clearly the best of the three. His resume could've been more ridiculous than it already was ... just brew on that basketball fans. He could've put up even more accomplishments.

And that's saying something considering the other 2x guys are amazing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I've always thought these comparisons are a little silly - the ones that include just these three players.

A Jordan/Kobe comparison is intelligent, since their games were so very similar. Such a juxtaposition serves to remind Kobetards how superior Jordan was in every way.

But including LeBron is awkward, because he's so different as a basketball player from the other two. LeBron is much more similar to Magic on the court - but we never see a "Jordan/Magic/LeBron" comparison. It's always Jordan/Kobe/LeBron.

This might as well include Shaq and Tim Duncan, if we're going to just line up players whose games are highly contrasting and act like we can take a thoughtful ranking from their statistics and accolades alone.
    Someone should do Magic v.s. LeBron v.s. Bird 10 years deep.

I agree, those guys are perimeter players, but bigger guys who could also play in the front court as well. Unlike Jordan, and Kobe. Exclusive smaller guys, backcourt guards.

I personally fully believe LeBron > Magic.

LeBron gets thrown in with MJ, and Kobe because he's that post MJ era Nike superstar hype machine type of player. And he's a volume scorer, and unlike Magic but more like MJ / Kobe can actually play defense.

So the comparison isn't wildly off base.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Someone should do Magic v.s. LeBron v.s. Bird 10 years deep.

I agree, those guys are perimeter players, but bigger guys who could also play in the front court as well. Unlike Jordan, and Kobe. Exclusive smaller guys, backcourt guards.

I personally fully believe LeBron > Magic.

LeBron gets thrown in with MJ, and Kobe because he's that post MJ era Nike superstar hype machine type of player. And he's a volume scorer, and unlike Magic but more like MJ / Kobe can actually play defense.

So the comparison isn't wildly off base.
    I still agree, and I'm still waitin for that thread.