Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Patrick Ewing Says He'd Drop 50 On Yao

Quote Originally Posted by CyberRambis
    Yeah, I'm sure Ewing was just being buddy-buddy with Yao when he told the media that he'd drop 50 on him.

Success doesn't buy class. See Michael Jordan's HOF speech if you need proof.

But I guess he was just jokingly ripping into people, like you and your buddy do.

BTW, I still wouldn't have talked trash if I got torched 3 straight games. No REAL competitor would.
    I didn't get torched, plus it was just a scenario that I presented.

But see what a low IQ you have, you didn't even read the article. Ewing wasn't being macho telling the reporter straight out that he would drop 50, he told him that he tells Yao all the time that he would drop 50 on him, you know when he helped him practice. Obviously nothing malicious or disrespectful to the 2006 era, just regular NBA talk, and I'm sure Yao talked trash back.

God, you're a dim wit, I can't believe I'm having this argument with you. You're probably a troll who recently got banned and created a new account. You are a troll, there's no way that a regular person would start an argument with someone over this, so I'm done with you. Seriously, when a dumb person starts talking nonsense in everyday life, people just walk away, don't even entertain them. Don't know why we do on the Internet.

shhhhhhh

Ewings just having fun at yao's expense... btw, did he ever drop 50 on anyone in his career?

7-time NBA All-Star

Man, Yao was beasting in 2006-2007. He Absolutely destroyed Shaq in one game early outscoring him 34-15 and outrebounded him 14-10 as Houston blew out Miami 94-72. That was before his injury when he was averaging 27/10/2/2 on great efficiency. He was also playing physically and getting to the line nearly 9 times per game, which made him even more dominant because he's such a good free throw shooter. In those 26 games before the injury, he also had 35/17/7 on 15/21 shooting vs NY, 33/16/4 vs Detroit, 38/11/6 on 13/19 shooting vs Washington, 38/18/3 vs Golden State and 35/15/8 vs the Lakers. That's a lot of great games in such a short period of time.

He still ended the season averaging 25/9/2/2 with a TS% of 60% in under 34 mpg.

That was a missed opportunity for Houston. T-Mac also went off and started playing like he did during his Orlando days when he got healthy. Yao should have dominated Okur and T-Mac should have destroyed Fisher, and if they had, they would have had an easy WCSF series vs Golden State.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Ewings just having fun at yao's expense... btw, did he ever drop 50 on anyone in his career?
    Yeah, I have a 51 point game he had vs Boston in 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Ok after watching this thread for a while you cant compare individual players one on one because its a team game... Its purely illogical to say one on one who would win because each individual played on a team that had strengths and weaknesses... Rule changes apply as well.

Ewing game changed after his knees went bad... His shooting percentage went down the drain because he became an outside shooter later on in his career...

Shaq had to play against not one good center in their prime so his numbers are skewed towards greatness...

Yao is still learning the NBA as well so he has not reached his prime...

Hakeem was the total package far superior offensively than any of the other centers mentioned...

David Robinson was a technician before his injury 6 years of greatness and dominance...

Yao now against any of the other centers 1 PF would be a disadvantage to Yao because he is still learning...

What makes all the other matchups intriguing and hard to determine is because Shaq never has to guard an offensive player of these players magnitude. So I would imagine for me Hakeem Robinson Ewing Shaq Duncan Yao would go in that order... But its a team game I would just think because the first 4 played against each other and other better low post/team defenders they would have a distinct advantage...

Duncan I would say is similar to Shaq because of the lack of competition...

I was waiting for someone to say this...

If you go to basketball reference and check Shaq's numbers or any great inside player's numbers when they played against Shaq, the percentages dropped. Some people might have had a few good games against him, but mostly because they were making jumpers. Shaq's biggest problem was guys who could step out and hit the three.

On offense, Shaq saw the whole team. The hardest teams for Shaq to play against were ones with a big body to put on him and other long guys to come and double. If you somehow think you can time travel a C to the early 90s and have him stop or slow down Shaq you are tripping.

Almost every contender signed a bunch of no name foul machines incase they had to match up with Shaq's team in the playoffs. lol... I dunno man.

It just doesn't make sense to say that, in the modern era, his stats would have changed if he played against other 'great Cs' when most of the guys you can think of that were good were nowhere near the size to match up with Shaq. Even when Shaq played against great Cs, they rarely defended him. They took some big body and let the player help.

-Smak

Banned

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Good one Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMiller52
    Yao isn't soft.
    Softer than Roseanne son

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nobler
    Softer than Roseanne son
    Yao Ming is one of the toughest players out there.