Thread: Nba 2k15 mygm

Default Nba 2k15 mygm

I think there was a thread on it before but not really commenting on day to day gameplay stuff so I thought I would start this one.

Does anyone play mygm? I've been playing alot lately and I had to start a few new ones cause my teams have gotten too over powered and trying to sign up and coming players contract is a bitch.

does anyone that plays games in mygm get VC? apparently you can get VC but I never get any even if i play the full game...

Default Re: Nba 2k15 mygm

I was playing MyGM, but I got annoyed by the constant bitching by players about training intensity. One complains it's too high, than I lower it and he complains it's too low, so I raise it again and he then complains I broke my promise to him by raising it after I promised to lower it. I started scheduling days off more often so there fatigue would never go below "rested" but they still bitch and moan every other week.

I play MyLeague instead now because of the players bitching about training, playing time and Owners always wanting you to go and get a draft pick, even though you have to give up way too much to be able to get a first in this game. MyLeague is so much better.

to combat the training time and players' general complaints, i just always use the deny response. It's best when the player have the badge where they prefer tough love cause their morale will actually increase from their complaints. When you level up enough theres a gm badge that lowers the morale reduction of players by half so when i deny their complaints its only reduced by 1 - 3 morale and sometimes it doesnt even change at all.

I play MyLeague instead now because of the players bitching about training, playing time and Owners always wanting you to go and get a draft pick, even though you have to give up way too much to be able to get a first in this game. MyLeague is so much better.
    I actually found getting picks and useful players in the draft too easy... I did a mygm with the thunder lately for the lols, and im in the 4th season cause i sim all the games. My roster consist of KD, westbrook, ibaka and adams and the rest is full of guys from first round picks that i traded to get.

What I do to get first round picks is, on your first season trade away all the players that won't be used in the rotations for picks and other players potentially without giving anything else away through the trade finder. There's always that one trade that is beneficial to you whilst the rest is shit. From all the shitty players I get a bunch of second round draft picks and if you have 3 or more second round you can convert that into a first round pick from someone. Rinse and repeat process until you get enough picks and then I trade like 3 first round picks to get picks within 1 - 10 range to get serviceable players.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I simmed about 25 seasons. The game mode is broken easily.

With all the GM upgrades, all your rookies end up 94+ by his second season. what I did is trade them before their rookie contract is up for the top picks and continue to stock on picks. Basically I have 3-8 1st rounders every year, because of having all the upgrades it's a team full of 90-something players on rookie contracts, and my team loses maybe 1 or 2 games in the entire season, if that.

As for the bitching, just ignore them if you win. I ignore trade requests for seasons and their morale doesn't drop below 90 until I trade away the entire team for a new group of picks.

There's potential in the game mode, but it's just not well thought through. Kind of like all of 2K's modes.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    I simmed about 25 seasons. The game mode is broken easily.

With all the GM upgrades, all your rookies end up 94+ by his second season. what I did is trade them before their rookie contract is up for the top picks and continue to stock on picks. Basically I have 3-8 1st rounders every year, because of having all the upgrades it's a team full of 90-something players on rookie contracts, and my team loses maybe 1 or 2 games in the entire season, if that.

As for the bitching, just ignore them if you win. I ignore trade requests for seasons and their morale doesn't drop below 90 until I trade away the entire team for a new group of picks.

There's potential in the game mode, but it's just not well thought through. Kind of like all of 2K's modes.
    Yeah, so what do I do? I put myself in this fantasy mode where my team will develop a young star and we'll go through the journey together. It gets really fun especially when you control everything in your team. It's so much fun.

Pick a small market team like the Bucks, develop Giannis & make him an allstar. Break records, give him 40 mpg to avg. 26ppg. Do something with it, it's your own world, create a legacy. It's ****ing awesome. I know this is gonna sound ridiculous, but I come up with insidehoops, people posting threads about my star player/s in my head & it's so fun to just sit there and think about it. i.e. what my player achieved last game & in my head, people would talk about it.

And there's another one where I brought the players from the 2000s in the league. And let's say KG came into the league at age 14 or 15, well, in my own little world (another dimension lol), you can enter the NBA at any age & KG was good enough to play. I made this up for a reason, I edited their age to where they'll be able to play for a couple more years. KG at 38 to 30 years old. I did this to Ray Ray, Paul Pierce, can't do it to Kobe, he entered the league at 18 (?) & if I push his birth date forward, it'll erase a few years of his record for some reason & that'll completely mess up my fantasy. Edited the rookie Laker Kobe to a Kobe JR & dropped him off at the free agency pool (Can't edit out his record, draft year record & stuff). But, so, now he has a son.

All you need is a little bit of imagination, okay, you need to be insane to come up with this.

Brought back 3rd year Jordan, Stockton, Malone--made all of them rookies. Brought in Mougsey Bogues, but I over edited his rating to 90+, so I removed him. Didn't wanna deal with it. Gary Payton, Robert Horry, DFISH. Looking to bring back Magic Johnson, but this time, I'll move his overall rating to 70+ and i'll come up with something, R1 P1, assuming the Lakers for the #1 overall draft pick last year, something, I'll come up with something & I'll trade for him. Edit him to 70 rating but keep his POTENTIAL AT 99. Develop him & just go crazy with it in your own imagination once he becomes a star. I get a high from that. HAHAHAHA

If you want to download this roster that I use for myGM, just PM me & I'll add you on PSN.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 02-08-2015 at 04:09 PM.