-Fundamentally More Sound etc
    And lebron had a superior:

-Playmaking ability
    -Passer
    -Ballhandler
    -Scorer in General
    -3 pt shooter
    -Pull up jumper

Do you really think lebron,whose entering his prime now, does not/ will not have a better dribble and pull up game?

You keep bringing up trivial stats based on efficiency that favor your player but the fact is he wasn't a huge scorer and never put up as big of point totals as lebron.

He could not have led that cavs team to 50 wins, let alone 60+.

He was a hustler who was fundamentally sound, BUT he was undersized and didn't have the talent of a lebron james.

He didn't have a reliable post game like duncan and he couldn't create for himself and his teammates like lebron.

I love how you bring up he could do xxx well for his size. Well guess what, being smaller doesn't mean you get a pity pass. The more athletic guys tend to be the best to play. Just review a top ten all time list and you'll see.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN Sportscentury Charles Barkley FULL VIDEO

And lebron had a superior:

-Playmaking ability:

He is a Point-Forward its obvious. Barkley a PF capable of playing some SF and C, although his game was more Center like although only 6`5. [COLOR="Blue"]He is the ONLY PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY TO PLAY BIG AND SMALL[/COLOR]

-Passer: Not as a Pure Passer Not Really...More Like Ball Handler-Passer. His speed-quickness mixed together makes him get doubled so he has easy passes to open men: kind of like Magic but more athletic-faster-more potent etc

-Ballhandler Yes he is a Point-Forward

-Scorer in General

Not Even Close!!! : Barkley`s ORT is one of the Highest Ever and He Was 2nd to Bird in the 80s and early 90s In Terms of Usage/Possesion/Lead to Own Score and Others Score and Second to Magic All Time in ORT/Usage.

And I Already Mentioned his Two Point FG Points and %s plus Magical Mid Range Game. Which Was Above All Players in his Time

-3 pt shooter

Yes

-Pull up jumper

Not Really. Around Same Level. Nobody Seems To Know Barkley`s Mid Range Game

Do you really think lebron,whose entering his prime now, does not/ will not have a better dribble and pull up game?

You keep bringing up trivial stats based on efficiency that favor your player but the fact is he wasn't a huge scorer and never put up as big of point totals as lebron.

He could not have led that cavs team to 50 wins, let alone 60+.

He was a hustler who was fundamentally sound, BUT he was undersized and didn't have the talent of a lebron james.

He didn't have a reliable post game like duncan and he couldn't create for himself and his teammates like lebron.

I love how you bring up he could do xxx well for his size. Well guess what, being smaller doesn't mean you get a pity pass. The more athletic guys tend to be the best to play. Just review a top ten all time list and you'll see.

Barkley`s Post Game Was Insane and Only Comparable To Dantley-McHale. Reliable Post Game? I Will have To Explain How Dominant Barkley was in The TWO-POINT REGION AGAIN:

CAREER:

[COLOR="Blue"]21.6 PPG [/COLOR] on [COLOR="DarkRed"]only 12.9 Two-Point FGAs PG [/COLOR] and [COLOR="blue"]58.13% Two-Point FG%[/COLOR] (Season)
    [COLOR="Blue"]22.5 PPG[/COLOR] on [COLOR="darkred"]only 14.5 Two-Point FGAs PG[/COLOR] and [COLOR="Blue"]55.13% Two-Point FG%[/COLOR] (Play-offs)

Barkley was a Better:

[COLOR="Blue"]-Total Offensive Player: Missed Less, Scored More Per Shot Taken and Higher FG%.
    -By Far Mid Range Shooting and Game
    -Post Game
    -Lateral Movement Game
    -Defensive Rebounder
    -Offensive Rebounder
    -Front Up Rim Protector: Shot Blocker
    etc
    -Stealer[/COLOR]

Barkley ranks Top 10 in EFF, PER and Statistical Plus Minus. Only Jordan has achived that much EFFICIENCY AND IMPACT PER GAME.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 08-01-2010 at 04:55 AM.

Won't see to many 6'4/6'5 players shooting 60% from the field.

1989-90

25.2 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.9 apg, 60% FG

[I]"Pat Riley said the NBA doesn

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    Goat PF my ass.

Give me Duncan, Garnett, Malone, and even Nowitzki over Barkley anytime anywhere outside of an eating contest.

[QUOTE=PHILA]Won't see to many 6'4/6'5 players shooting 60% from the field.

1989-90

25.2 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.9 apg, 60% FG

[I]"Pat Riley said the NBA doesn

Thanks for the video. Charles was a beast.

The Barkley - Pippen drama was interesting.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound

I posted a topic last year (maybe i will have to re-do it) regarding what is said in this jewl of article (Finally!) you post and Barkley`s Scoring in the Two-Point Region.

Barkley hardly ever or once shot less than 50% from the Two Point FG and for like 10 years was scoring 22-26 PPG through shooting 60%, 61%, 62%, 63% and 64% in the Two Point FG Region

Great Job!
    I'm trying to figure this out man. I've seen barkley play a handful and he didn't seem to be the guy who could dribble penetrate with a crossover or whatever and pull up on a dime. He didn't have the midrange creativity of a wade or kobe for instance and couldn't create in that sense. You keep bringing up two point fg% but that shit counts everything even layups so that doesn't tell me anything about how many pull up or spot up 12-18ft jumpers he took and made. Sorry man you're just overrating the guy. Barkley was a great player but he couldn't do a lot of the things that some of the current players do. Please don't tell me that barkley takes that cavs team anywhere near the level lebron was able to.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I'm trying to figure this out man. I've seen barkley play a handful and he didn't seem to be the guy who could dribble penetrate with a crossover or whatever and pull up on a dime. He didn't have the midrange creativity of a wade or kobe for instance and couldn't create in that sense. You keep bringing up two point fg% but that shit counts everything even layups so that doesn't tell me anything about how many pull up or spot up 12-18ft jumpers he took and made. Sorry man you're just overrating the guy. Barkley was a great player but he couldn't do a lot of the things that some of the current players do. Please don't tell me that barkley takes that cavs team anywhere near the level lebron was able to.
    'Round Mound' used to post under the name 'Sir Charles' and was pretty much known soley for his multi-coloured, smiley-infested, Barkley-fellating, statistical shitscripts. Don't bother trying to figure him out, he is oblivious to reason.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Like an ealier poster said Barkley was taller then 6'5....

I always curious of this but in his mug shot he clearly is right at 6'8(I'm guessing with shoes on)...I dont know how to post a picture (newb), but everyone take a look at his mug shot so we can settle this barkley was only 6'5 debate

Doesn`t seem like it. Barkley had a a mid range game ala Adrian Dantley-Bernard King yet with More Power. His Post Play Was Slow and Bird-Like in Straight Up Shooting (from 12-15 ft only) that mixed with his Speed-Quickness-Power and Natural Strength (and his football leggs), he was like a mini Shaq. That made him unstoppable 10-12-15 ft away from the rim, espeically for Spins and his Off Two Legg Jumps to Dunk after a Spin.

He would also Post up Straight Up Looking Forward in some ones face while waiting for the clock to run up many times (watch Suns vs Blazers from 95).

As Buck Williams said (hardest player to guard in the 2-Point Region).

That is why he recieved alot of double teams yet he would just use power move and penetrating before many like Lebron does but quicker in small spaces.

Barkley had a superior lateral movement than Lebron (although not as good a dribbler) so him at 6`5 and 260 lbs (sometimes more) made him very difficult for smaller or taller forwards to guard him. He was guarded by some dudes that where 6`6 250 lbs or dudes that where 6`9, 6`10, 6`11 and over 7`0 ft (240-260 lbs) still no result.

Yes he could dribble and penetrate here is rare mixes of him doing: spins, drives, mid ranges, post ups etc

As MJ said he was the only player that could really [COLOR="Blue"]PLAY BIG AND SMALL. [/COLOR]

Very...Very Unique Style of Play. It was like Watching a [COLOR="blue"]Guard-Center Play [/COLOR] sometimes (he had great shot block timing of two leggs in the paint too in his 20s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxGTjEwcg8

0:55 vs Jordan: Superb Shot Block Timing of Two Leggs. Ala Center

0:56: Typical Fadeway in the 2-Point Region

1:19: Typical Spin By Barkley...on Malone

1:25: Superb Stealer

1:34: Typical Post Play, Foot Work and Spin by Barkley while Tripled.

1:44: Typical Bull Power Move by Barkley (using superb lateral movement)

1.52: Typical Bull Power Move by Barkley and Fade

2:20: Typical One Handed Power Dunk by Barkley Off Two Leggs (check out the power).

2:26: Master Spin Moves in the Post. He was the "PRECUSOR OF SHAQ`s BLACK TORNADOES" but with More FINESS

3:06 vs Celtics: Superb Lateral Movement and Ball Handling

Coast to Coast, The Original Chase Down Blocker, Dunks etc...Analyze the whole vid

Typical Barkley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4-ZUGmeUT0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7NCcOoFd1w

[COLOR="Blue"](GOAT SPIN MOVE BASE LINE POWER POST PLAYER EVER)[/COLOR]

Barkley was 6`4 3/4 so almost 6`5 but he wieghed in 284, 252, 255, 265 and 288 lbs. His weight flcutuated alog in the course his career (he never liked to train or do weights much, he was a natural)

Mark Aguiree and Dan Majerlie where two legit 6`6 ers and they where clearly Taller. Watch the games vs the Mavs and others with the Suns vs Bulls and Rodman (6`6 3/4 ft)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[COLOR="DarkRed"]"Pat Riley said the NBA doesn’t keep field goal percentage right. They should separate the (two-point shots) from the (three-point shots). They separate the three’s, but overall they don’t separate the two’s. So one of the categories I keep is field goal percentage for two’s. Charles Barkley was the leader in the two-point category for years."

-Harvey Pollack[/COLOR]

Great Job Phila

Last edited by Round Mound; 08-01-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EoJ
    Thanks for the video. Charles was a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickz
    Like an ealier poster said Barkley was taller then 6'5....

I always curious of this but in his mug shot he clearly is right at 6'8(I'm guessing with shoes on)...I dont know how to post a picture (newb), but everyone take a look at his mug shot so we can settle this barkley was only 6'5 debate
    He is the same height as Michael Jordan 6`4 3/4

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    He is the same height as Michael Jordan 6`4 3/4
    he was taller, longer, and twice the thickness of michael jordan.

he was taller, longer, and twice the thickness of michael jordan.

taller