Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splatoon Thread

NBA lottery pick

Default Splatoon Thread

Anyone else pick this up? I've been really enjoying it so far, surprised at how decent the campaign was.

Banned

Default Re: Splatoon Thread

I'll probably pick this up. I've heard elsewhere the multi player is underwhelming but the single player is really good.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I'll probably pick this up. I've heard elsewhere the multi player is underwhelming but the single player is really good.
    The multiplayer has been a lot of fun, but the amount of content is maybe questionable. Nintendo has confirmed that more maps, weapons, and game modes will be coming though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    The multiplayer has been a lot of fun, but the amount of content is maybe questionable. Nintendo has confirmed that more maps, weapons, and game modes will be coming though.
    Is it true there's no chat system in the game? No voice chat for a team based shooter?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Is it true there's no chat system in the game? No voice chat for a team based shooter?
    Yea, kinda unfortunate. It'd be nice if Nintendo patched it in, but I don't know that they have any intention of doing so.

Got it, love it. There's plans for regular not weekly DLC, but very frequent DLC. Something like 8 (free) new maps by August, weekly events, new guns frequently added, etc.

Single player is a blast too. I've actually replayed a lot of them already.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Got it, love it. There's plans for regular not weekly DLC, but very frequent DLC. Something like 8 (free) new maps by August, weekly events, new guns frequently added, etc.

Single player is a blast too. I've actually replayed a lot of them already.
    Have you been using Gyro controls at all? I initially turned them off when I started, but I've seen a lot of people talk about it being more effective for aiming, so I've being replaying levels with it and I've kinda come around on it.

Ill post my code later, post yours, maybe we can have an ISH game.

NBA lottery pick

My network id is kananon.

National High School Star

Would love to get into this game, however something is bugged in my system, i can join up to matches alright, game runs fine for about a minute, then disconnects. Played about 30-40 matches and only completed 1.

Don't know whats up with it, i can play smash bros, COD, battlefield, Bloodborne and all sorts online fine with out any issues.

So from the first minute of matches the game is fun...

Have you been using Gyro controls at all? I initially turned them off when I started, but I've seen a lot of people talk about it being more effective for aiming, so I've being replaying levels with it and I've kinda come around on it.
    Used them to start, liked it but I was skeptical of it, turned them off and then back on after about 40 minutes of campaign/multiplayer stuff. I can't play the game well at all without them.

It really is easier to aim that way especially if you're swimming because if you move the controller around to face an enemy it will autolock for you on them. You get the amiibo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Would love to get into this game, however something is bugged in my system, i can join up to matches alright, game runs fine for about a minute, then disconnects. Played about 30-40 matches and only completed 1.

Don't know whats up with it, i can play smash bros, COD, battlefield, Bloodborne and all sorts online fine with out any issues.

So from the first minute of matches the game is fun...
    Could be your NAT

http://en-americas-support.nintendo....id/13219/p/431

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Used them to start, liked it but I was skeptical of it, turned them off and then back on after about 40 minutes of campaign/multiplayer stuff. I can't play the game well at all without them.

It really is easier to aim that way especially if you're swimming because if you move the controller around to face an enemy it will autolock for you on them. You get the amiibo?
    Got squid girl and completed all the challenges. Doing the final boss with the charge rifle was a pain in the ass though. Maybe should have gotten all of them when I bought the game but I didn't really know what they did.

NBA lottery pick

http://nintendoeverything.com/splato...ation-costume/

I really hope they make this available outside of Japan, but I kinda doubt they will.

http://nintendoeverything.com/splato...ation-costume/

I really hope they make this available outside of Japan, but I kinda doubt they will.
    Nintendo doing region based DLC is kinda pissing me off. Especially since the Wii U has sold better in the west than it has in Japan.