Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Blatt on the hot-seat? Sources hint divide between coach and team

I remember when Spo was on the hot seat in Miami and a few players on trade blocks/outs. It's funny how it's not even at all star break and stuff like this floats around and is discussed. Guess media and conspiracy theorist type fans are bored.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Blatt wont get fired so early. It's not his fault Varejao went down and now they only have one center. The front office needs to get creative and bring in a rim protector. Which was obious that they needed at the very beginning. Andy V was never a reliable piece. What coach is gonna fix a personnel issue?

Also, Lebron said he had no problem with Blatt. So at least he has that endorsement.
    That was an endorsment? Did you see what he said? Something to the effect of "he's our coach, what choice do i have?"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I remember when Spo was on the hot seat in Miami and a few players on trade blocks/outs. It's funny how it's not even at all star break and stuff like this floats around and is discussed. Guess media and conspiracy theorist type fans are bored.
    This. Lebron had the perfect chance to throw Blatt under the bus and didnt.

So who exactly are these sources? And why would you fire a coach in his first season of a team that couldnt even reach 40 wins last season?

If anything the GM should be gone for giving Andy V that contract and not getting the obvious rim protector that this team needed.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    That was an endorsment? Did you see what he said? Something to the effect of "he's our coach, what choice do i have?"
    Full quote.

Yeah, I mean, he's our coach. What other coach do we have?" James said. "... They put together a gameplan for us to go out and succeed every night."

James was asked if his endorsement would mean a lot for Blatt.

"Well listen man, I don't pay no bills around here. Listen man, I play. I'm happy with who we have at our helm," James said. "He's our coach, but to make it a feud between me and Blatt or the team and Blatt is just to sell. It's just to sell and get people to read it and put something on the bottom of the ticker. That's all it is."

Not airballing my layups anymore

everyone blaming lebron n saying its too early but wasnt it like 5 games when mike brown got fire in L.a.. plus blatt is a good coach but he obviously cant handle nba egos.. lebron love irving waiters all have their ego n feel entitled .. i seen each one shoot the team out the game,its on the coach if u cant control your players

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    They are in the playoff picture and above .500. Why are so many people trying to pin point faults?? They are winning.
    Being in the playoff picture was not this teams expectation

LeBron should be on the hot seat. Not living up to his contract.

Either he plays better or the Cavs should trade him while he still has value. LeBron for Tyson Chandler and Monta Ellis.

I called this ... it's visible in timeouts, and huddles that the guy's don't respect Blatt.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    It felt like LeBron was trying to bully Spo out of his coaching spot in 2011 too.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    It felt like LeBron was trying to bully Spo out of his coaching spot in 2011 too.
    Based on what? The team struggling early in the season?

Of course there are gonna be rumors when a team struggles, but it's fairly easy for a star player to get rid of coach just by asking. Blatt gets the season at least. Maybe next season as well if they dont find another center.

Also, Lebron said he had no problem with Blatt. So at least he has that endorsement.

NBA lottery pick

Cavs are just a poorly run organisation. That starts with picking the assistants for Blatt. They already undermined his authority by signing Lue to the biggest assistant contract, who is a complete coaching nobody.

Then Blatt made the mistake to deviate from his European basketball coaching principles that the coach is the king. He had his contract, he can always go back to Europe, so if you fail in the NBA at least fail on your terms.

A "LeBron listen! Shut the **** up!" was needed, instead he came with "LeBron if It might, which toilet paper, so I can wipe your behind, your Royal Highness? Or do you prefer a Bidet. I can blow water up your behind, too."

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    lol, well when/if Lebron calls for Blatts job he will be gone immediately and we will know about it.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I called this ... it's visible in timeouts, and huddles that the guy's don't respect Blatt.

Agreed. Spoelstra deserves a lot of credit for the way he managed the team beyond the X

National High School Star

Dave McMenamin on Lebron and Kyrie's "endorsements" of Coach Blatt.

Dave McMenamin
    LeBron's Blatt comments = a tepid endorsement. He twice said DB has their attention & said he's happy w/ him, but gave no ringing examples
    32 minutes ago

Dave McMenamin
    Kyrie Irving, on the other hand, was strong in his support: "I'll do anything for Coach Blatt and I know players share the same (sentiment)"
    24 minutes ago
    And Stein
    Marc Stein
    LeBron has clearly been detached from huddles and said he was in "chill mode" Friday night. Cavs need more from the best player in the world
    Last edited by yeaaaman; 12-29-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Full quote.

Yeah, I mean, he's our coach. What other coach do we have?" James said. "... They put together a gameplan for us to go out and succeed every night."

James was asked if his endorsement would mean a lot for Blatt.

"Well listen man, I don't pay no bills around here. Listen man, I play. I'm happy with who we have at our helm," James said. "He's our coach, but to make it a feud between me and Blatt or the team and Blatt is just to sell. It's just to sell and get people to read it and put something on the bottom of the ticker. That's all it is."
    That's a horrible endorsement.