Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: My Experience At a Hawks Game in Atlanta (vs Bucks)

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Yeah. That was a rough game. I had season tickets this year (won them) and I have never seen worse tackling in my life.

I have a friend working on a Cam Newton/Bane photoshop with

"Falcons thought Atlanta was their ally. They merely adopted the A...Cam was BORN in it. Molded by it...."

To **** with a few Falcon fan friends I have.

Banned

Been deciding on whether to go to the Magic @ Hawks game or the Magic @ Memphis game. This will aid my decision.

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

Atl, like Miami is an event town. The Hawks will draw when it becomes known by the general public that we are a championship caliber team. The first and 5th largest crowds in NBA history were Hawks games. When we played the Celtics innthe 2008 playoffs those crowds were the most passionate I have ever seen. If the Hawks are still Top 3 in the east by the All Star break then you'll see more consistent crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
    Atl, like Miami is an event town.
    Good point.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
    Atl, like Miami is an event town. The Hawks will draw when it becomes known by the general public that we are a championship caliber team. The first and 5th largest crowds in NBA history were Hawks games. When we played the Celtics innthe 2008 playoffs those crowds were the most passionate I have ever seen. If the Hawks are still Top 3 in the east by the All Star break then you'll see more consistent crowds.
    You know damn well those fans were there for Michael Jordan. It was Jordan retirement year...and they played the game in the Georgia dome.

The Hawks did it 2-3 times and got 40-60 thousand people to show...to see Michael Jordan. That had nothing to do with the Hawks.

The only other similar crowd for a Hawks game...was vs the Pistons when they played in the Silverdome. The Pistons drew like 50 thousand. They would go 30-50 whenever they opened it up. Playing in the stadium is why old footage of some Piston home games seems so bright unlike the darker footage from other 80s games. They cut off most of the stadium and just sell all the seats they can.

The Jazz used to do that at the superdome. Minnesota too back when they were new.

You get a big enough draw....you play in a football stadium. Thats how wrestling used to be.

MJ came into Atlanta like Andre the Giant and sold tickets.

NBA All-star

It really makes you think about what they mean when nba personnel says "Its good for the league"

besides the fact that owners certainly have different take on the whole profit sharing model.

The whole making it to the playoffs even if you might not be able to win it all is still better than the tank mode.

I suppose i can only think of the tank mode feasable.
    When you are going through a transition, being handed with contracts one deem unexplainable.

Its those 6-8 mil players that separates the 8-10th seed.
    10-14, that separates the 3-6

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    They were solid in the late 80s/early 90s. But when ive gone in the last 15 years or so? Boring arena to be in.

Granted...im comparing it to me going to Bulls/Hawks games when Jordan played...so it was kinda hype then. We had as many fans there as the Hawks it felt like.

Im in Atlanta often. And the seats are pretty cheap. And dude who said they start to clear out and go to the club early is right. Ive done exactly that....

Perhaps thats an issue. Out of towners going to the game for the hell of it and trying to bet the crowd leaving if it isnt a great game?

Ive left a few Hawks games early. I suppose if you didnt know im not a Hawks fan it would make them look bad.
    What are you doing in Atlanta? I thought you were a night security guard.

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You know damn well those fans were there for Michael Jordan. It was Jordan retirement year...and they played the game in the Georgia dome.

The Hawks did it 2-3 times and got 40-60 thousand people to show...to see Michael Jordan. That had nothing to do with the Hawks.

The only other similar crowd for a Hawks game...was vs the Pistons when they played in the Silverdome. The Pistons drew like 50 thousand. They would go 30-50 whenever they opened it up. Playing in the stadium is why old footage of some Piston home games seems so bright unlike the darker footage from other 80s games. They cut off most of the stadium and just sell all the seats they can.

The Jazz used to do that at the superdome. Minnesota too back when they were new.

You get a big enough draw....you play in a football stadium. Thats how wrestling used to be.

MJ came into Atlanta like Andre the Giant and sold tickets.
    Like i said Atlanta is an event town. If Lebron was a Hawk we'd sell out every game. If your franchise haven't gotten past the 2nd round in 45 years you haven't built enough fan good will justify daily sell outs. People act like Bulls and Mavs and Spurs etc are great fans.. Show me their attendance in the 70's and 80's when they sucked. Chicago had no buzz pre Jordan.