Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: The Draft Prospects Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtfacts
    Anyone who places Roy Hibbert out of the Top 20, please redo your "Mock Draft". I don't have that much faith in the competency of NBA GM's but a 7'2" center that can score, I will take him anyday. Please don't be fooled by the small ball that seems to be the style of the NBA now, tall guys are still the most important piece of an NBA team. Let's take a look at the best teams of the NBA right now. LA Lakers - Gasol, Celtics - Garnett, San Antonio - Duncan, Detroit - Wallace. Yes these teams have other components that are more flashy, but without a big man, they would be nothing. Where was Kobe without Gasol? Do you really think Tony Parker can carry a team without Duncan? Roy will go before #15 - guaranteed!
    good post and you are probobly right- or should be - i dont see how anybody could place jordon or mcgee ahead of him- i still like brook lopez as a notch up from hibbert but you are right the 2nd best center surely should go top 20 maybe way earlier? -

i really like the thought of the suns taking hibbert at pick 15- he would get a great chance to develop behind shaq and keep amare at pf for the rest of his career- they may need help outside but i hope the suns ignor that and build for the future-

Saw a basketball once

Last but not least on Roy Hibbert. He played with some of the worst point guards in the nation with regards to assist per game. Their point guard had less than 3 assist per game. Please explain to me how you have a 7'2" center, and you can't average more than 5 assist per game. Don't put the blame on Hibbert, he can't pass himself the ball. There is alot of talk about how he didn't improve from his Junior season. He improved, but his team didn't. He will be on the all rookie first team next year. Mark my words.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtfacts
    Last but not least on Roy Hibbert. He played with some of the worst point guards in the nation with regards to assist per game. Their point guard had less than 3 assist per game. Please explain to me how you have a 7'2" center, and you can't average more than 5 assist per game. Don't put the blame on Hibbert, he can't pass himself the ball. There is alot of talk about how he didn't improve from his Junior season. He improved, but his team didn't. He will be on the all rookie first team next year. Mark my words.
    You are right about the point guards, but it was more to do with the Georgetown system than the players he played with.

Saw a basketball once

I told you about Hibbert before, now here is some evidence. He is not going 23rd !!!

"Two players we haven

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ballstar1982
    No offense to anyone, but why do the mock drafts? we can't all be Mel Kiper of the NBA. Check out a 6 part draft preview concluding Wednesday at http://ballstar1982.blogspot.com . All basketball, all the time, drop feedback, it is much appreciated. Deuces.
    Because they're fun. Why NOT do mocks?