Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: David Lee traded to the Boston Celtics for Gerald Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    boston got screwed
    They really didn't. They got a one year rental for a, if healthy, really good big man, and will shred another extra 5m off the books when his contract expires next summer.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

wait boston probably wants to tank again

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    boston got screwed
    By getting a guy who just made an impact in a Finals series for a literal nothing player?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I guess. I guess the Warriors could just stretch Wallace and save money on tax, but giving up Lee for nothing here...I don't know about that.
    They shaved $5.5 million off the cap by trading a guy who fell out of the rotation. Understandable.

Banned

Wallace was such a beast in his prime. I wonder how much he has left in the tank for GS. Probably none.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Braincells
    Wallace was such a beast in his prime. I wonder how much he has left in the tank for GS. Probably none.
    Having watched him for the past 2 years, definitely has nothing left.

Boston should now try to get Zach Randolph too.

Lee and Randolph would be a formidable frontline.

Decent playground baller

Cool, another FMVP candidate against LeBron.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    They shaved $5.5 million off the cap by trading a guy who fell out of the rotation. Understandable.
    I think it saves about 12m or more in tax as well.

So the savings will be huge for the Warriors.

Hate to see David go though. Stand up guy. Glad he got a ring.

Shedded that huge number, got some scrub depth. win/win. Guess theyll have to find a new poker dealer for the plane rides.

Very good NBA starter

David Lee is a 17 and 10 player. I'm curious what we do at PF because I do believe Sully is a legit starting PF when healthy.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Has to be something else. Lee is a much better player than Wallace. Warriors likely got something or they have another deal in place.
    The Warriors are not paying that hefty luxury tax. Maybe Wallace can retire and the Warriors can stretch his salary.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    David Lee is a 17 and 10 player. I'm curious what we do at PF because I do believe Sully is a legit starting PF when healthy.
    Time for some more trades.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Why did Gerald Wallace fall off so fast? He was still solid, in say, 2011 (?), and now he's a complete scrub

Dude had years of 19/6/4, 18/7/3, 17/8/3 and 18/10/2.
    Pretty sure injuries, no? I know he's at least had knee and ankle surgery within the last couple years. Considering his playing style... Always thought Wallace was the type who wouldn't be able to walk around 45. When your nickname is crash, your body probably has no chance.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    He still has a lot left imo. But he was sitting on the bench at GS being wasted. He should be good for Boston.