Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How the fk can Cavs get Joe Johnson? His salary is 24.9 mil 2015-16

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Kyrie/Mo/Delly
    JJ/Shump/Crawford
    Bran/Jones
    Love/TT
    Mozgof/Andy V

Bran stans be like

"Need moar"
    They aren't getting JJ and Crawford

He doesn't need more help, he just needs his teammates to be healthy

BTW, why are you guys acting like Joe Johnson is anything more than mediocre these days?

***** put up 14/5/4 on 44/36/80 on a marginal team and you act like he's a superstar

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    BTW, why are you guys acting like Joe Johnson is anything more than mediocre these days?

***** put up 14/5/4 on 44/36/80 on a marginal team and you act like he's a superstar
    He can still takeover games in the 4th. He's clutch as hell

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

I actually think it is more likely that we would just re-sign JR Smith if the Cavs pick up JJ. It would only be one of Crawford or JJ, not both... and I'd MUCH rather have JJ.

Johnson would be a great piece coming off the bench. It's not about him being a "superstar." It's about building a team that makes sense. To me, the Cavs' starting five is set right now. All of the work that is being done at the moment is to fortify the bench unit, which we saw the importance of in the Finals.

What we currently don't have is a backup small forward. Johnson would be the best backup SF in the league along with Iggy. And, JJ hasn't been on a team where he wasn't the first or second option since his days in PHX, where he was fantastic.

I think it is safe to say this lineup would have insane potential.

PG: Kyrie Irving / Mo Williams / Matthew Dellavedova
    SG: Iman Shumpert / JR Smith
    SF: LeBron James / Joe Johnson
    PF: Kevin Love / Tristan Thompson
    C: Timofey Mozgov / Anderson Varejao

If they stayed healthy, this team doesn't have many holes. Excellent combination of shooting/slashing/playmaking, defense and transition. Also, very versatile, with most guys on the roster capable of playing multiple positions.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I actually think it is more likely that we would just re-sign JR Smith if the Cavs pick up JJ. It would only be one of Crawford or JJ, not both... and I'd MUCH rather have JJ.

Johnson would be a great piece coming off the bench. It's not about him being a "superstar." It's about building a team that makes sense. To me, the Cavs' starting five is set right now. All of the work that is being done at the moment is to fortify the bench unit, which we saw the importance of in the Finals.

What we currently don't have is a backup small forward. Johnson would be the best backup SF in the league along with Iggy. And, JJ hasn't been on a team where he wasn't the first or second option since his days in PHX, where he was fantastic.

I think it is safe to say this lineup would have insane potential.

PG: Kyrie Irving / Mo Williams / Matthew Dellavedova
    SG: Iman Shumpert / JR Smith
    SF: LeBron James / Joe Johnson
    PF: Kevin Love / Tristan Thompson
    C: Timofey Mozgov / Anderson Varejao

If they stayed healthy, this team doesn't have many holes. Excellent combination of shooting/slashing/playmaking, defense and transition. Also, very versatile, with most guys on the roster capable of playing multiple positions.
    Andy wouldn't be in the line up. He'd be gone and replace him with Amare. Solid.

RBA avoiding the other JJ thread like the plague.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    RBA, ban this clown for harassment.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Yet here you are following him around

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protox
    Andy wouldn't be in the line up. He'd be gone and replace him with Amare. Solid.
    That's one of the many predicitons of what a potential deal might look like, but since none of us know for sure and it is all educating guessing, I'll leave things as they are. I don't think deducting Varejao and adding Amar'e really changes things.

Droid,
    I have no idea what you're even talking about. What other thread? I literally just logged on for the first time today. Trust me, I'm not "avoiding" anything. Although your fascination with my posting habits is becoming something I'd rather avoid.

Even Lebeta fans are so used to getting Ls nowadays