Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard is the DPOY

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Who really would pick Kawhi Leonard over Anthony Davis as a defender.
    FOX SPORTS

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    I'd vote for him but I remembered how LeBron destroyed him in the finals averaging 28 ppg on 70% TS, so either he's a garbage defender, or LeBron is the GOAT finals performer
    LEFLOP SCORES IN GARBAGE TIME

Saw a basketball once

Kawhi is, and has been a very good defender. But in my opinion, there are a lot of other great defenders this year, that could be in the run for DPOY.

To me, Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut have been the best defensive players in the league, and i feel as if Green deserves to be DPOY. He's had a phenomenal year, and he's one of the KEY reasons as to why Gstate is having such an amazing year, both defensively and offensively.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

No look at all out scorers like Carmelo and Kobe and compare there numbers to LeBron. LeBron has SEVERAL YEARS where he outscored them and here's the scary part hes not really a ball hog.the man has averaged AT LEAST 26 points in 10 straight years and career wise has 2 times more MADE 3 pointers than Larry bird and Michael Jordan. But yet he can't shoot....WHAT.for a decade he's always in the top 5 in scoring which is awesome.go look, at any star and ask if they competed for the scoring title every year for a decade.....meaning in the top 5.also he has the legacy look at these great games

2005 vs FAVORED PISTONS WHO HAD 2ND BEST DEFENSE OF THE YEAR LEBRON SCORING HIS TEAM FINALS 25 POINTS SCORING LIKE 45 POINTS

2012 EDF VS CELTICS SCORING 45 POINTS 10 REBOUNDS AND 5 ASSIST

2012 Finals vs DURANT AND THE THUNDER WHICH STILL HAD JAMES HARDEST LEBRON AVERAGES 28 POINTS 10 REBOUNDS AND 7 ASSIST AND N EARLY HAS TRIPLE DOUBLES IN FINALS 2 GAMES

2013 NBA FINALS GAME 7 37 POINTS 5 THREES

National High School Star

I have no idea if the numbers back me up, but the eye test clearly shows me he is a better defender than any of the people mentioned (Bogut, Dray, Davis, etc).

If he is getting scorer on it is rarely straight one on one situations. It almost always would be off a pick or a cut or etc.

Beyond that though...he is ridiculously disruptive. His hand eye ball coordination on the defensive end is ridiculous. He disrupts how good players usually play - that's the best thing a defender can do.

For example, yesterday, all the idiots at Wisconsin should of forced Grayson to his left. They kept letting him go right and finish right. Even though he made tough shots...they were comfortably tough for him. Forcing him to do something he isn't used to doing is what makes people miss.

Curry isn't used to having to guard his dribble against people's hands. He just dribbles too fast and tricks em too easy. Against the Spurs you could tell he had that where is Kawhi going on in the back of his mind and he wasn't his usual self most of the game (he's a MVP though...so crushed it in the 3rd).

Local High School Star

It's Anthony Davis.

Great defender, but DPOY? As horribly weak as the DPOY field is this season he has missed to many games first of all and Spurs are ranked 8th defensively last time i checked, even at his position (SF) the best DPOY candidate name has to be Draymond Green with GS's #1 ranked defense & if it means anything best record aswell (which is alot thanks to that defense)...
    Last edited by pauk; 04-07-2015 at 08:16 PM.

National High School Star

Bump. Another of my correct predictions. ISHers always wrong as usual.