Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Westbrook college dunks - WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    He's a great leaper, none of what you dissect matters here because:

1% of footage exists ONE PERCENT

ONE RANDOM PERCENT

Take one random percent of Vince Carters career, and he's a shitty looking leaper on film too. Seriously. I don't think you understand how few and far between a highlight reel dunk with extreme elevation happens, either that or you don't understand how few 1% is. Westbrook doesn't jump high on 3 break aways? Cool. He only dunks what, 10 times in the footage I've got? We're missing what, 1,000 of his career dunks?

Including several descriptions where it is specifically stated he took off from the free throw line, and 3 instances of shattering a backboard. Who cares if he's taking it easy on three break aways in this footage was he supposed to have leaped as high as was humanly possible every damn time he ran a fast break? And he from standing position grabs the middle of the backboard trying to block someones shots in this footage, that is incredibly explosive leaping ability. Lebron, one of the "greatest athletes ever" in league history, and I've watched about 30 Cavs games so far this season. None of what I've seen in any of those 30 games would convince any of you guys he was a "40 inch vertical" player. It takes rare plays to really showcase great athletes showing how high they can elevate. There's like 14 random games worth of Westbrook on film. Roll the dice, take 14 random games of Lebron, or Vince. You will have a tough time finding footage that does their athleticism they displayed throughout their careers justice. There's a lot more routine plays and vanilla dunks than highlight ones.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    Well what the **** did you expect, him to be less athletic when he was younger? It's not like the guy was 10, he was an 18-19 year old man.
    I was about to say that LMAO. If you look at those highlight vids, alot of the players are more explosive in high school/college than in the NBA. Raymond felton is one example, he looked like he can't or is barely able to dunk, but i've seen his HS/college mix and he was dunking like Steve Francis...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Perkins helped clear the way for Westbrook

I'm so used to seeing him sit there and clog it up.