Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Default Re: would u trade irving and varejao for westbrook?

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    westbrook is not worth irving straight up. I would actually say irving is the better player tbh
    irving is a better shooter and ball handler.... westbrook is better at everuthing else .... if irving isnt scoring he isnt making any impact... westbrook defense , rebounding, hustle and playmaking give him the edge.

I'd rather have Irving + Varejao over Westbrook

I'd be deathly afraid of Irving - Durant combo. Add in Varejao at center? They'd be favorites to win the ship (more so than they are now).

If I'm thinking about the future (obviously I am) I wouldn't trade Irving for Westbrook straight up. Much rather have Kyrie.

I think this is a better trade than OP

Steve Blake for Westbrook
    Steve Nash for Irving

Cavs and OKC gets a veteran pg that will help their young players to develop into star.. Both Steve already knows the Kobe System but I dont know it they will run it effectively to other team without Kobe.. What you think? Deal?

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Westbrook is actually the better scorer when the floor is spread for him, Kyrie the better shooter can obviously work better with a lane clogging big(s). So offensively I'll give it to Irving because it's hard to find dominant rebounders that don't clog the lane, i.e Irving is easier to build around; and I feel they have the same playmaking ability despite the difference in assist totals (Kyrie might be a little better even). They're both mentally tough in crunch time, but Kyrie is more levelheaded and in control: Kyrie gets the nod here as well.

However, I've seen WB play sick playoff D. And he can defend 3 positions. Kyrie on D? No thanks. That and Wb is probably the best rebounding pg.

Wb is overall more impactful right now. He's never hurt whereas Kyrie has had injury woes since college.

Lots of Wb haters it seems... cut the young guy some slack. They lost because Harden sucked in the finals, not Wb.

To answer op's question, no. But not because Kyrie's better than WB, but because Kyrie seems to have more upside (maybe?) and is more marketable (take his likability vs. russ's on this board for example), and throwing in a good center just makes this deal COMPLETELY imbalanced (though I do think Cleveland should trade Varejao soon, because he's hurting Tristan Thompson's confidence- think Tristan can flourish with his minutes and role).

Sorry about the excessive quotations, my high school english teacher would not be proud

High School Varsity 6th Man entropy35's Avatar

I think people forget that kyrie doesn't make players around him better, and he doesn't play good defense. He is a great scorer though.

Westbrook is light year ahead in defense and better offensively, he is a better play maker (contrary to popular belief).

Irving is better ball handler and makes more sound decisions, but Westbrook is too dynamic and impacts the game in more ways. You take Westbrook 10/10 times.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeFraud James
    I wouldn't trade Kyrie for Westbrook straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy35
    I think people forget that kyrie doesn't make players around him better, and he doesn't play good defense. He is a great scorer though.

Westbrook is light year ahead in defense and better offensively, he is a better play maker (contrary to popular belief).

Irving is better ball handler and makes more sound decisions, but Westbrook is too dynamic and impacts the game in more ways. You take Westbrook 10/10 times.
    You realize Westbrook plays with Ibaka, Kevin Martin, oh ya and the best scorer in the NBA.

While Irving plays with Dion Waiters, Alonzo Gee and Tristan Thompson.

Of course he looks like a better playmaker, on top of that they have Tyler Zeller behind Irving while Westbrook has Ibaka and Perkins (he sucks balls but he is still intimidating) Tyler Zeller is like a little boy who the hell is scared of him? Of course Westbrook is going to look better on defense, how did Westbrooks defense look when Irving scored 13 in a row on him 2 games ago at the end of the game?

Neither team is going to make the trade. Both franchises have too much invested into their young PG's.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Are people actually discussing this? FYI, there is no player in the league I'd trade Kyrie for right now, straight-up. I'm not saying he is the best player in the league (clearly he's not), but for where this team is in terms of the rebuild, a 20-year-old phenom is exactly what is needed.

Horrible thread, but since it seems as though it has spawned some decent posts, I'll leave it open for the time being. Simply based on the merits of the thread topic, though, it completely deserves to be deleted.

Oh, btw, Budadiii left me this message in my reps the other night:

"Rest in piss to your ****** father, and whoever has cancer in your family, I hope they die."

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Are people actually discussing this? FYI, there is no player in the league I'd trade Kyrie for right now, straight-up. I'm not saying he is the best player in the league (clearly he's not), but for where this team is in terms of the rebuild, a 20-year-old phenom is exactly what is needed.

Horrible thread, but since it seems as though it has spawned some decent posts, I'll leave it open for the time being.
    Not even LeBron or Durant?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    I wouldn't want James for a bag of peanuts. Want nothing to do with that guy and I've made it very clear in past threads. It has nothing to do with his being an amazing player (which he is). I'm just done with him.

Durant is the only guy I'd consider, but, like I siad... For where this team is, I'll take the 20-year-old. It gives the franchise more time to build around him. Maybe he will be as good as Durant, maybe not, but I'm willing to take the chance considering his age. Now, if I were a fan of the Bulls or Pacers, my answer would be different.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 02-07-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Only Durant and LeBron.

Only 2 I would take over him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Horrible thread, but since it seems as though it has spawned some decent posts, I'll leave it open for the time being. Simply based on the merits of the thread topic, though, it completely deserves to be deleted.

Oh, btw, Budadiii left me this message in my reps the other night:

"Rest in piss to your ****** father, and whoever has cancer in your family, I hope they die."
    Don't you think better management and ownership is needed, instead ? Last time a 20-year-old phenom was in the rebuilding stage in Cleveland... well, you know what happened even when they started contending... they need to actually makes moves and bring MORE talent in for this guy.

I think that could have just been someone who just left Budadiii's signature ?