Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Taj Gibson not thilled about coming off the bench again this season

"Privately, Gibson isn

Default Re: Taj Gibson not thilled about coming off the bench again this season

It's a really tough situation for Taj.

He literally became the Bulls go to player in the 1st round against Washington as Dj Augustin was having too much trouble w/ taller defenders like Wall/Beal.

Taj is underrated overall because he has never got a true chance to be an NBA starter for 82 games.

Gasol starting at PF is the right move though. Taj is at his best when he's the first man off the bench and feasts on the other teams subs. Im not saying he isn't a starting caliber PF, because at this point, he is in his prime an absolutely starter worthy. Hell he's one of the best PF defenders in the L and he dunks ferociously on anybody.

Taj should get at least 28-30+ mpg every game this year. Bulls need to save Gasol for the post season and Mirotic will have to find his way in the big leagues.

One thing is for sure, the Gasol, Noah, Gibson, Mirotic big man rotation is very talented and gives you a little bit of everything. Should be fun to watch.

Sooner or later Gasol will start missing games due to injuries (He's played 65,49 and 60 games during '11,'12 and '13 respectively) and Thibs' tendency to burn his starters during the reg. season won't help, so we'll see Taj starting more games.

Gasol was perfect for the Spurs. Pop would've limited his minutes and kept him fresh for the playoffs. He chose a starting role and more money instead, won't blame him.
    Last edited by Haymaker; 09-18-2014 at 05:42 PM.

He's always been one of my favorite players in recent years because of how hard he works and how little credit he gets compared to guys like pre-injury Rose, Noah, and Deng, despite being a huge part of what they do.

That being said, he's gotta suck it up and just play, honestly. If Manu Ginobili can do it, so can he. It's not like he won't be getting minutes, he's gonna get his 30 mpg especially with Gasol getting older and Mirotic lacking NBA experience.

I'm just interested to see how Thibs closes out games though..Noah is a lock. Then it's between Taj, one of Thibs' most reliable players who you can always count on for defense, energy, rebounding, and these days some pretty damn good offense. Or it's Gasol, who is just a vastly more skilled offensive player when you NEED a bucket at the ends of games. Maybe he'll switch it up game to game, Taj against more athletic teams, Gasol for undersized teams..

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    He's always been one of my favorite players in recent years because of how hard he works and how little credit he gets compared to guys like pre-injury Rose, Noah, and Deng, despite being a huge part of what they do.

That being said, he's gotta suck it up and just play, honestly. If Manu Ginobili can do it, so can he. It's not like he won't be getting minutes, he's gonna get his 30 mpg especially with Gasol getting older and Mirotic lacking NBA experience.
    Well said. I have a respect for Gibson as well and his dunking style is one I favor. I believe his discontent may be the kind that a team can live with, for he acknowledges and values the importance of chemistry, cohesiveness, and winning. As you and Haymaker alluded, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Taj will have a number of extensive opportunities to assert his will on this team.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    The Bulls should go big:

PG: Derrick Rose
    SG: Jimmy Butler
    SF: Taj Gibson
    PF: Pau Gasol
    C: Joakim Noah

Gibson, from what I've seen, is very much capable of guarding most forwards in the league. With this lineup you have your best players on the floor at all times.. no team is going to be able to bully/outmuscle them. Boards all day ... championship cruise.
    Dat floor spacing.

Since Rose will inevitably get injured, might as well go Gasol/Butler/Mirotic/Gibson/Noah

Thibs needs to get Gibson in line. Bulls have a very small window (like only next season) for a championship, barring their health. Can't have players bitching about PT.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Taj if given time is a top 10 PF, his ability to now score in the post and defend makes him a real threat.

Was concerned by this.

Taj has spent years patiently waiting for an opportunity to start for the Bulls.

This is the issue when you have great depth and talent off your bench. You have to keep everyone happy.

Perhaps Bulls might need to explore a trade at the deadline.

I hope not, because he is very much needed for his spark off the bench.

Personally I think this guy is what he is, a good role player.. and at 29 probably needs to come to that realization.

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    The Bulls should go big:

PG: Derrick Rose
    SG: Jimmy Butler
    SF: Taj Gibson
    PF: Pau Gasol
    C: Joakim Noah

Gibson, from what I've seen, is very much capable of guarding most forwards in the league. With this lineup you have your best players on the floor at all times.. no team is going to be able to bully/outmuscle them. Boards all day ... championship cruise.
    Said this last season, the Bulls need to shift Butler to the 3. He isn't a guard.

Starters:
    Rose
    Hinrich
    Butler
    Gasol
    Noah

Bench:
    Gibson
    Dunleavy
    Brooks
    McDermott
    Mirotic

Need another guard.

I'm a troll, don't listen to me
    Last edited by Budadiiii; 09-18-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I'm a troll, don't listen to me
    Don't worry Poido.....we don't

Is he good? Can Cavs get him?

Taj is the perfect bigman to come off the bench. I do understand his frustartions as he has taken a back seat at times to guys undeserving. But he needs to understand that him buying into this role is going to make them as good as they possibly could. Its not like he is going to get 20 mpg. He will still be getting 28-32 mpg and Pau is brittle.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

He SHOULD be starting, but he basically will be with his 30ish minutes per game. I'm sure he'll finish 75% of close games anyway, as Thibs will probably trust him more than Pau's awful defense....much like he rotated Taj/Boozer.