Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    kobetard

Default Re: Does James Harden

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    lol stop with wanting a coach to make harden try harder and shit. okc has brooks who does nothing other than actively make the team worse whenever he makes a decision and our stars still play extremely hard.

notice how harden couldn't start in OKC though because he didn't play defense. So I guess you are kind of right in that regard? then again, Houston is paying that ***** some star money, so he has to start.

coaches can't make a player (particularly one with talent) WANT to win. That has to come from the player. Westbrook in my mind has the biggest will to win in the game right now, this dude gets so fukking jacked for big moments and games, and I have no idea how he has the energy he does to be such a force on the glass and defense while being an offensive workhorse
    Because westbrook's 10x the athlete harden is so it's easier for him. Harden might actually be a below average athlete for the nba, and he'd probably get blown by a lot of the more athletic guards even if he was trying. Maybe that's why he feels like there's no point in playing defense and he can avoid getting embarrassed.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IMObjective
    Because westbrook's 10x the athlete harden is so it's easier for him. Harden might actually be a below average athlete for the nba, and he'd probably get blown by a lot of the more athletic guards even if he was trying. Maybe that's why he feels like there's no point in playing defense and he can avoid getting embarrassed.
    Worst argument ever. Last season Matthew Dellavedova was one of the worst "athletes" in the NBA - and a ROOKIE - but he played amazing defense. You can always apply yourself and put forth the effort. Saying "oh he's a below average athlete so why even try" is the lamest excuse I've ever heard.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

James Harden doesn't try on defense because McHale doesn't hold him accountable. Surprised Morey, who supposedly treats his staff like assests and not human beings, gave McHale another chance.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    James Harden doesn't try on defense because McHale doesn't hold him accountable.
    lol

James Harden cannot piss by himself because Mchale was not there to unzip his pants. ROFL ROCKETS FAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Exlax already bringing up the "we need a coach that will hold him accountable" bullshit. What a ****ing shocker.
    I think you'll find 99% of Rocket fans are saying that. There was an insider on Clutchfans BBS that said the Rockets upper management were looking at Harden's leadership and defence (when it was still there) at the FIBA WC under Coach K, and debating why McHale couldn't exact the same effort out of Harden.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
    lol

James Harden cannot piss by himself because Mchale was not there to unzip his pants. ROFL ROCKETS FAN.
    Cool argument, will read again.

NBA sixth man of the year

This is a horrible argument.....

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Cool argument, will read again.
    About on par with yours, so...

Harden's total lazy approach to the defensive side of the ball should unite even the most rigid waring stans of MJ, Kobe, and LeBron.

Those guys ball out, bring it, intimidate and impact the game on both ends. Predators on both sides of the ball.

Hell, even guys like KD, and Westbrook have more impact defensively than Harden's lazy ass. Article is right though. Irving, Love, Curry all just as bad defensively. Maybe without those particular plays where Harden embarrassingly zones out and ball watches.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    The "oh if he tried he could play defence he could" argument sucks. That would be like anyone of us saying "oh if I tried I could shoot 50 percent from three". Either do it or shut the **** up. He doesn't do it so you can't argue he potentially could if he wanted to.
    But he did do it many times so you can argue that he could if he wanted to.

Harden can still be a superstar even with his defensive issues. However, u have SG's on the rise like Thompson, Beal, Derozan, etc. that are also getting better as well and will prove to be better two way players. If Beal turns into the Mitch Richmond kind of stud I think he will, I would take him OVER Harden in the future. And the better Thompson gets, I would take him OVER Harden in the future too. The SG spot is in a rut somewhat because the only two DOMINANT TWO WAY players in Kobe and Wade are getting older and have injury issues. If Harden doesn't watch out, the young guys I named could overtake him sooner than later.

However, what keeps Harden over them as of now is the fact that's he's an alpha dog scorer, is a great passing SG, and can play PG, SG, and SF. But historically, he will ALWAYS take a backseat peak wise to the SG's like MJ, Kobe, Wade, and West. Those guys were epic in their two way abilities. Even SG's peak wise like T Mac, Mitch, and Drexler had better defense too.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Harden can still be a superstar even with his defensive issues. However, u have SG's on the rise like Thompson, Beal, Derozan, etc. that are also getting better as well and will prove to be better two way players. If Beal turns into the Mitch Richmond kind of stud I think he will, I would take him OVER Harden in the future. And the better Thompson gets, I would take him OVER Harden in the future too. The SG spot is in a rut somewhat because the only two DOMINANT TWO WAY players in Kobe and Wade are getting older and have injury issues. If Harden doesn't watch out, the young guys I named could overtake him sooner than later.

However, what keeps Harden over them as of now is the fact that's he's an alpha dog scorer, is a great passing SG, and can play PG, SG, and SF. But historically, he will ALWAYS take a backseat peak wise to the SG's like MJ, Kobe, Wade, and West. Those guys were epic in their two way abilities. Even SG's peak wise like T Mac, Mitch, and Drexler had better defense too.
    I agree. I hope he comes out next season and tries on defense consistently. Probably won't happen though. No real reason for it to happen. Won't get benched and already got his money.