Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Charles Barkley Shot Chart (1992-1993)

He was a mental midget and the biggest underachiever in my 25 years of watching basketball. He wasn't as great as people think he is today. He wasn't a leader type of guy. Good player but not a franchise guy especially with his temper.

That temper of his got him into trouble and it held his team back. Who can forget the incident where he spit on a fan. The Nike commercials that said he wasn't a role model. He had weight issues because he never lifted weights.

This is the same guy that MJ bought a pair of earrings for because it was going to throw his game off that night.

Stats may look good but like I always say.....stats do lie. Barkley is a tier below all time greats. Not even close. I've rooted for him too with his comeback with Phoenix. Not a hater just telling you the truth.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    He was a mental midget and the biggest underachiever in my 25 years of watching basketball. He wasn't as great as people think he is today. He wasn't a leader type of guy. Good player but not a franchise guy especially with his temper.

That temper of his got him into trouble and it held his team back. Who can forget the incident where he spit on a fan. The Nike commercials that said he wasn't a role model. He had weight issues because he never lifted weights.

This is the same guy that MJ bought a pair of earrings for because it was going to throw his game off that night.

Stats may look good but like I always say.....stats do lie. Barkley is a tier below all time greats. Not even close. I've rooted for him too with his comeback with Phoenix. Not a hater just telling you the truth.
    You expect us to believe you watched him play in his peek, prime and health? He never spat on a fan he spat on the ground dummy and it hit a little girl by accident. Kobe tards trying hard to see as if they watched him live. Trying too hard, i guess they are insecure about Barkley, i wonder why that is so
    Last edited by Round Mound; 09-19-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

[QUOTE=Round Mound][B]I See Alot of Envy Here...How Can a 6

Barkley was a monster anywhere near the paint. Of all the players I thought who deserved to win a title with slightly better fortune was Barkley. His talent/ability is going to be forgotten or disregarded by some because he didn't win a ring.
    Last edited by LeBird; 07-04-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    Barkley was a monster anywhere near the paint. Of all the players I thought who deserved to win a title with slightly better fortune was Barkley. His talent/ability is going to be forgotten or disregarded by some because he didn't win a ring.
    A strong case could be made that he was the greatest player to have never won a ring.

Charles gets a lot of shit for his laziness, but in '93 dude put in WORK.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DVKWo_tBs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP1MV2rSxIU (unbelievable performance)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DVKWo_tBs

In his peak, he was the greatest PF of all-time imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    You expect us to believe you watched him play in his peek, prime and health? He never spat on a fan he spat on the ground dummy and it hit a little girl by accident. Kobe tards trying hard to see as if they watched him live. Trying to hard, i guess they are insecure about Barkley, i wonder why that is so
    Here was Barkley's excuse:

[QUOTE]Only the great

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Here was Barkley's excuse:

He was the ultimate loser. Good stats, good potential but like I said, he couldn't lead a team and was a mental midget.
    [B]Loosing To Great Teams as an Individial Player With Weaker Casts is Nowhere Close to Being a Loser.

Barkley was hated and envied by the media, many anti barkley fans and coaches cause of his in your face and be true attitude. He was agressive and outspoken that is why he was hated or loved.

Here is a hatefull interview of Pat Riley on Barkley and there is video showing that he just spat on the ground intending to hit nobody. But if you where there to quote him he would make it exciting and say something funny or truthfull (he couldn

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    A strong case could be made that he was the greatest player to have never won a ring.

Broken Down Stats Suggest He Atleast Was The Most Efficient and Dominant NOT Top 10 Player or Player With a Ring of All Time

16 more games added

Nov. 28, 1987 - Sixers vs. Kings
    Dec. 22, 1987 - Sixers vs. Celtics
    Nov. 18, 1988 - Sixers vs. Knicks
    Jan. 26, 1990 - Sixers vs. Bulls
    Feb. 7, 1990 - Sixers vs. Warriors
    Feb. 23, 1990 - Sixers vs. Lakers
    Jan. 4, 1991 - Sixers vs. Jazz
    Mar. 12, 1991 - Sixers vs. Hawks
    Jan. 14, 1992 - Sixers vs. Bulls
    1995 Playoffs Suns vs. Rockets (Full Series)

100 Game Sample

At Rim:
    660/815 FG (81.0%)
    In Paint (Overall): 730/1051 FG (69.4%)
    Mid-Range: 221/531 FG (41.6%)
    3 Point: 73/243 FG (30.0%)

NBA rookie of the year

Unbelievable Interior percentages (as anyone who watched him would know), and a very good midrange % for a PF. Charles was a beat. IMO one of the ~8 most talented players ever.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    16 more games added

Nov. 28, 1987 - Sixers vs. Kings
    Dec. 22, 1987 - Sixers vs. Celtics
    Nov. 18, 1988 - Sixers vs. Knicks
    Jan. 26, 1990 - Sixers vs. Bulls
    Feb. 7, 1990 - Sixers vs. Warriors
    Feb. 23, 1990 - Sixers vs. Lakers
    Jan. 4, 1991 - Sixers vs. Jazz
    Mar. 12, 1991 - Sixers vs. Hawks
    Jan. 14, 1992 - Sixers vs. Bulls
    1995 Playoffs Suns vs. Rockets (Full Series)

100 Game Sample

At Rim:
    660/815 FG (81.0%)
    In Paint (Overall): 730/1051 FG (69.4%)
    Mid-Range: 221/531 FG (41.6%)
    3 Point: 73/243 FG (30.0%)

PHILA, the insidehoops.com site won't let me click on your profile to contact you -- but I'd wonder if you'd be interested (others welcome too) to try to put together a project around doing PBP for games prior to 1997-98 (when NBA.com has PBP data). I'd happily do any programming around sharing and joining any data. I have an idea I placed on the RealGM forum (much better search compared to here and I obviously seem to lack basic privileges here to interact with members).

Thanks. Also, any others are welcome to get in on this offer. Would ideally be a community project.

here's my idea (not fully fleshed out -- happily discuss more in depth tho!)
    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...=344&t=1827778

Saw a basketball once

If there's ever any collaboration on a group to watch games and put together the game logs, play-bay-play, etc on older games (NBA.com has PBP back to 1997-98).

I cross posted this on RealGM as well.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tripledouble55
    If there's ever any collaboration on a group to watch games and put together the game logs, play-bay-play, etc on older games (NBA.com has PBP back to 1997-98).

I cross posted this on RealGM as well.

I'm up for it, but I'm banned at RealGM. You should open something like a Google Sheet and a Slack room or a Reddit Subreddit or something like that. Do all 3 and then try to recruit.