History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Default cavs fans, biggest rival this year?

Im going wizards, the beal/wall vs irving/waiters and now pierce who we remember as a lebron rival. who you got? pacers,bulls,pistons,heat,raps,hornets,bucks?

Default Re: cavs fans, biggest rival this year?

Probably Bulls. Then again, we do own their souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    Probably Bulls.
    Because of noah and his i hate Cleveland thing?
    Last edited by El Gato Negro; 08-26-2014 at 08:28 AM.

I posted a thread about a month back about how I hope the Cavs-Wizards rivalry starts back up for all the reasons you listed, they have a good chance at meeting in the playoffs too.

Bulls because of LeBron vs. Rose, not same position, but they are two of the biggest names in basketball. LeBron vs. Noah, they have a little rivalry going, and just the fact that they are the two biggest threats out East.

Thunder even though they may not play them as much as Division/Conference foes. Westbrook vs. Irving, Bron vs. Durant, Ibaka vs. Love, etc.

Biggest of the bunch will probably be the Bulls. Media will hype the hell out of that matchup.

I usually hit open layups

A healthy Bulls squad will be Cleveland's biggest Eastern Conference competitor, for the time being. The addition of Gasol alongside Noah, with backups of Gibson and Mirotic, is going to be incredible but as usual, their season depends on Rose's health.

Indiana isn't a factor without George, let alone the loss of Stephenson. Washington, Brooklyn, Toronto, Atlanta, etc. will be solid/competitive squads but I don't look at them as true contenders. If any of them advance to the Finals, it will be because one of Cleveland's big three got hurt and Rose didn't rebound well.

I think Miami will be in the mix more than a lot of people want to believe, and while he obviously isn't quite the same I don't think Wade has fallen off nearly as hard as everyone likes to say. A healthy Wade, Bosh, Deng and a strong team defense can still make some noise in the East.

Cavs
    Bulls
    Wizards
    Heat

That's my top 4 Eastern Conference postseason threats. I'm even tempted to put Miami as the "third biggest" threat in the East.
    Last edited by CelticBalla32; 08-26-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Hopefully the Bulls will be becuase they are polar oppisites of the Cavaliers.

The Cavaliers are considered an offensive team who might struggle on defense.

The Bulls are considered a defensive team who might struggle on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBalla32
    A healthy Bulls squad will be Cleveland's biggest Eastern Conference competitor, for the time being. The addition of Gasol alongside Noah, with backups of Gibson and Mirotic, is going to be incredible but as usual, their season depends on Rose's health.

Indiana isn't a factor without George, let alone the loss of Stephenson. Washington, Brooklyn, Toronto, Atlanta, etc. will be solid/competitive squads but I don't look at them as true contenders. If any of them advance to the Finals, it will be because one of Cleveland's big three got hurt and Rose didn't rebound well.

I think Miami will be in the mix more than a lot of people want to believe, and while he obviously isn't quite the same I don't think Wade has fallen off nearly as hard as everyone likes to say. A healthy Wade, Bosh, Deng and a strong team defense can still make some noise in the East.

Cavs
    Bulls
    Wizards
    Heat

That's my top 4 Eastern Conference postseason threats. I'm even tempted to put Miami as the "third biggest" threat in the East.
    This is a good post but biggest rival dosnt technically mean biggest threat to beat them. last time lebron was here i considered the wiz the biggest rival, not because they were the best competition but because of agent 0, Stevenson and papa johns lol. the bulls are still a good choice because of noah but don't think rose or paul have even considered the cavs a team they hate.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    I posted a thread about a month back about how I hope the Cavs-Wizards rivalry starts back up for all the reasons you listed, they have a good chance at meeting in the playoffs too.

Bulls because of LeBron vs. Rose, not same position, but they are two of the biggest names in basketball. LeBron vs. Noah, they have a little rivalry going, and just the fact that they are the two biggest threats out East.

Thunder even though they may not play them as much as Division/Conference foes. Westbrook vs. Irving, Bron vs. Durant, Ibaka vs. Love, etc.

Biggest of the bunch will probably be the Bulls. Media will hype the hell out of that matchup.
    The thunder could be a good choice i forgot about them. based on match ups alone that could turn into a hell of a rivalry tho. how many games do they play the thunder this year? edit play the thunder twice this year. i guess we could consider the wolves possible rivals too if there youth pans out.
    Last edited by El Gato Negro; 08-27-2014 at 02:50 AM.