Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn't

still LOL'ing at scottie pippens reply to mark jacksons prediction

basically saying ....sure he has 81 points. but he wont get past the first week of may ( without shaq )

obviously pippen thought he'd have kwame and smush for the next 9 years

all kobe needed was pau to get past that first week of may

and all the way into june with the trophy

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    still LOL'ing at scottie pippens reply to mark jacksons prediction

basically saying ....sure he has 81 points. but he wont get past the first week of may ( without shaq )

obviously pippen thought he'd have kwame and smush for the next 9 years

give kobe what michael had... i.e. a stacked team like the 90's bulls ( pippen/rodman/kukoc/kerr/harper )

and he'l get 6 or more too LOL
    griff - I'm putting together a new top 10 all-time list using new criteria

it's gonna be pretty epic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    griff - I'm putting together a new top 10 all-time list using new criteria

it's gonna be pretty epic

my criteria is #of rings by mvp+finals mvp winners... with all nba 1st teams as tie breakers ( and to have your rings count you have to be atleast a top 2 player )

#1 Russell
    #2 Jordan
    #3 Kareem
    #4 Kobe
    #5 Magic
    #6 Shaq
    #7 Duncan
    #8 Bird
    #9 Wilt
    #10 Hakeem

and i credit russell with a finals mvp since he was named after the trophy
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 08-28-2012 at 04:26 PM.

my criteria is #of rings by mvp+finals mvp winners... with all nba 1st teams as tie breakers ( and to have your rings count you have to be atleast a top 2 player )

#1 Russell
    #2 Jordan
    #3 Kareem
    #4 Kobe
    #5 Magic
    #6 Shaq
    #7 Duncan
    #9 Bird
    #10 Wilt

I'm basing it purely on the eye test

Dr. J is way up there (including his ABA years, no reason not to)

I usually hit open layups CTulc's Avatar

#1 Russell
    #2 Jordan
    #3 Kareem
    #4 Kobe
    #5 Magic
    #6 Shaq
    #7 Duncan
    #9 Bird
    #10 Wilt

This is the most fabricated and dumbest list I've ever seen. This was purely made to glorify and build up Kobe.

A Kobe Stan would want to:

a.) put Kobe in top 5
    b.) make sure Kobe is the greatest laker.
    c.) put Shaq much further behind him.
    d.) dumbest of all, make sure Jordan isn't #1 LOL.

Not to mention the disgrace to Bird and Duncan.

I find it funny too that you put Bird 9th even though he has the same number of finals MVPs as Kobe and way more regular season MVPs plus much more impressive stats and incredible turnaround of a franchise.
    Last edited by CTulc; 08-28-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Banned

I'm basing it purely on the eye test

Dr. J is way up there (including his ABA years, no reason not to)

if his aba days counted he would easly be a top 7-8 player ever

but the aba as a league was a joke. it had some great teams and great players. but the bad competition was so bad that it kind of messed with the players stats. and it was verrrry easy to make the all aba teams if you were a good player because there werent that many... probably every great player they had made the 1st or 2nd team lol

i don't count anything a player did in the ABA

erving is at best a top 13-15 player IMO

if his aba days counted he would easly be a top 7-8 player ever

but the aba as a league was a joke. it had some great teams and great players. but the bad competition was so bad that it kind of messed with the players stats. and it was verrrry easy to make the all aba teams if you were a good player because there werent that many... probably every great player they had made the 1st or 2nd team lol

i don't count anything a player did in the ABA
    that's not accurate at all, for the most part

when it first came around, yeah it sucked, but they still had guys like Hawk and Barry

it wasn't a joke when Dr. J played from 71-76, unless you believe the NBA was a joke during the same time

I count Dr. J's stats the same as I do Kareem's pre-merger, but my new list isn't about stats, MVPs, or championships...it's just about overall impression

after I put together the initial list to use as a base, I can adjust for rings and accomplishments

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CTulc
    This is the most fabricated and dumbest list I've ever seen. This was purely made to glorify and build up Kobe.

A Kobe Stan would want to:

a.) put Kobe in top 5
    b.) make sure Kobe is the greatest laker.
    c.) put Shaq much further behind him.
    d.) dumbest of all, make sure Jordan isn't #1 LOL.

Not to mention the disgrace to Bird and Duncan.
    well for one i meant to put hakeem at #10

#1 Russell
    #2 Jordan
    #3 Kareem
    #4 Kobe
    #5 Magic
    #6 Shaq
    #7 Duncan
    #8 Bird
    #9 Wilt
    #10 Hakeem

my list is pretty much the exact same as the one voted on by the people of ISH on those daily voting threads

only difference is its more consistant with an actual criteria... the players are all the same. just 1 or 2 guys flipped... so whats the big difference?

this is how they should be judged

#of rings by mvp/finals mvps is basically the only thing that makes sense

Banned

that's not accurate at all, for the most part

when it first came around, yeah it sucked, but they still had guys like Hawk and Barry

it wasn't a joke when Dr. J played from 71-76, unless you believe the NBA was a joke during the same time

I count Dr. J's stats the same as I do Kareem's pre-merger, but my new list isn't about stats, MVPs, or championships...it's just about overall impression

after I put together the initial list to use as a base, I can adjust for rings and accomplishments

the ABA is basically like WCW....sure it had a few good years. but for the most part... theres a reason they went out of business and had to merge and drop their history and name

a few good guys got into wwf / NBA

but overall most were let go because it was a second rate company

and to be at the top of wcw/ABA was easier due to them all being mostly all left over garbage mixed with insanely high priced greats

there wasnt an even flow from great to role player in the ABA

it was star + bums

so no... i wont give erving any credit for what he did in that WCW league lol

Every time someon says "Kobe is the best player post-Jordan and of the 00s olol", I die a little inside. Kobe's good. Really good. Top 10 all time good. But to forget the fact he left the Lakers in purgatory for a good three years or so is preposterous. I'd still take Duncan over him. I will say though, if he gets one more ring, I will have to reconsider.

How can a 1x MVP be the GOAT? I mean rings are great and all, but that's more a reflection of the team than the individual. He was only the clear cut best player in the league for maybe two years, LeBron has been the best in the league for five already with no foreseeable drop off.

the ABA is basically like WCW....sure it had a few good years. but for the most part... theres a reason they went out of business and had to merge and drop their history and name

a few good guys got into wwf / NBA

but overall most were let go because it was a second rate company

and to be at the top of wcw/ABA was easier due to them all being mostly all left over garbage mixed with insanely high priced greats

there wasnt an even flow from great to role player in the ABA

it was star + bums

so no... i wont give erving any credit for what he did in that WCW league lol
    in the first NBA season post-merger, 10 of the 24 all-stars were from the ABA

5 of 10 starters in the 76-77 Finals were from the ABA

of the 84 players in the ABA at the time of the merger, 63 played in the NBA for at least one full season

four of the top ten scorers in 76-77 were from the ABA (and Dr. J had a down year due to his team's system before blowing up in the Finals, so he's not even one of those four)

Don Buse of the Pacers led the league in steals and assists in 76-77

Moses Malone was 3rd in rebounding, Artis Gilmore was 4th

Gilmore and Caldwell Jones were top 5 in the NBA in blocked shots

it was as equal a partnership as you can get, much more so than the BAA-NBL merger

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    How can a 1x MVP be the GOAT? I mean rings are great and all, but that's more a reflection of the team than the individual. He was only the clear cut best player in the league for maybe two years, LeBron has been the best in the league for five already with no foreseeable drop off.
    because the media only gives multiple mvps to lovable media face of the nba poster child darlings that have never been arrested types with no real controvercy

hense = kobe, barkley, hakeem, shaq only getting one mvp

and steve nash getting 2, duncan getting 2, lebron getting 3 etc...

notice the guys who were outcasts by the media were slighted... while the guys who never got into trouble off the court got more than 1 mvp???

kobe should have 3-4 mvps, barkley should have 2 mvps, shaq should have 3-4 mvps, hakeem should have 2 atleast

the only thing thats certain is that if you are truly great. the media more than likely will bite their tongue and atleast hand you one trophy

so i do admit the mvp does mean something sort of.

Banned

in the first NBA season post-merger, 10 of the 24 all-stars were from the ABA

5 of 10 starters in the 76-77 Finals were from the ABA

of the 84 players in the ABA at the time of the merger, 63 played in the NBA for at least one full season

four of the top ten scorers in 76-77 were from the ABA (and Dr. J had a down year due to his team's system before blowing up in the Finals, so he's not even one of those four)

Don Buse of the Pacers led the league in steals and assists in 76-77

Moses Malone was 3rd in rebounding, Artis Gilmore was 4th

Gilmore and Caldwell Jones were top 5 in the NBA in blocked shots

it was as equal a partnership as you can get, much more so than the BAA-NBL merger

but this just proves my point

like i said.. there were 10 great players and only 60 aba players made it to the nba

out of like 330+ nba players at the time of the merger... only 60 were ABA?

not great

pretty small league compared to the NBA...

How is the clown in the green? Seriously, is there any reason why this guy doesn't have a red bar?