Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Why does Rose get more shit for winning the MVP than anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    He stole Dwight's MVP. And he's by far the worst MVP in league history.
    Dwight has no case whatsoever. He lost his first team because the owner thought they were wimps, and DH the lead wimp. No way was Dwight going to be the MVP of two teams. Rose thoroughly outplayed him against elite teams, and in big games after March 1st when Chicago gained 8and a half games on Orlando. Including outscoring Dwight Howard in the paint in a key win to set up the seeding for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    sorry, Nash has that on lockdown.
    Nash benefited from a run and gun, no defense system that inflated stats.

Even Jeremy Lin looked like prime Jordan with the D'Antoni system.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Jordan played in the greatest bigman era and he rightfully could have been the MVP every healthy year. And Magic and Bird the previous seven years before that. What are you saying??? Shaq, the most dominant player I ever saw, could not carry the offense of a team to a championship round himself. Or at least not like Kobe, Jordan, Isiah, Lebron, Rick Barry or AI. Shaq or Kareem didn't stay in the finals like Bird or Magic. Most impactful players: 80's Magic and Bird. 90's Jordan. 00's Kobe, '10's Lebron thus far. Did I miss something?

How are you gonna sit there and say Kobe had the biggest impact on the court in the 2000s?

Though I do agree that the MVP shouldn't go to a big every year, certainly not this decade (so far). LeBron isn't a big man and he's clearly been the most impactful player of the past 8 years.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 12-03-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Very good NBA starter

not to derail, but agreed that 00's clearly belonged to Duncan and Shaq. Won what 7/10 championships that decade? With KG winning in 08

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Funny thing is, if Dwight won in 2011, we'd be bashing HIM instead. 100% sure about it.

I wouldn't doubt it.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Nash turned a 29 win team into a 62 win team in 05.

The only player that was in the MVP discussion was Shaq, who turned a 42 win team into a 59 win team (a few of those wins probably came from Wade's improvement from the previous year).

I don't get how it's a travesty for Nash to win MVP in 05...

D12 should have won it that year. Top like 3 or 4 seed with him and a lotto team without him. He did the most with the least amount of help that year.

Because people don't like players who are under contract but don't play for long periods.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

How are you gonna sit there and say Kobe had the biggest impact on the court in the 2000s?

Though I do agree that the MVP shouldn't go to a big every year, certainly not this decade (so far). LeBron isn't a big man and he's clearly been the most impactful player of the past 8 years.
    Kobe was in more finals and championship runs than anybody in that time period. I thought Shaq had more impact the first three years. For sure but definitely not in the last 6 years. And yeah, I think since 09 to now, Lebron has an argument and you can extend that some. But he didn't play the whole decade.

I like Duncan's career the best but it was weirdly shaped and never got to do a back to back - the hardest thing in the sport. Duncan was always a great threat and was consistently a top notch threat. KG and Dirk also had their runs but I don't think of them as the type of big that the poster was referring to. Kobe got my vote only on grounds that for the first three years that team was fearful, and for the last three years they were the best team (outside of '08). But I just said this off the top of my head.

Because 24\8\5 on 44% aren't MVP numbers. Those are worse than LeBron\Wade\Kobe bad\injury season numbers.

He underachieved in the playoffs, got murdered against the Heat, and his team won 62 games because of the defensive effort and great coaching.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Because 24\8\5 on 44% aren't MVP numbers. Those are worse than LeBron\Wade\Kobe bad\injury season numbers.
    Why would you compare them to him other seasons? You only compare him to them that season. You are aware of that right? Rose was the only player in the top ten in scoring and assist and was only 3ppg behind the leader.
    He underachieved in the playoffs, got murdered against the Heat, and his team won 62 games because of the defensive effort and great coaching.
    He won two playoff series himself - on his back. That's great for a 22 year old. Very few 22 year olds have ever done that. But this absolutely has nothing to do with the MVP. You are aware of that?

The answer you are giving is that most people don't have a clue as to what the MVP is.

Because he is the least accomplished MVP in league history.

He's still young though, so maybe he will change that.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

"Declining" Lebron has better stats than MVP Rose.

/thread

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Chicago had an excellent all round team.
    Personally I think the Thunder had 2 players better than Rose in '11, neither of which received a single first place vote.
    But I take more into consideration that a couple of stat categories.
    I like how you edited out the rest of his post that was relevant to addressing how good the rest of the team was

Quote Originally Posted by deja vu
    Nash benefited from a run and gun, no defense system that inflated stats.

Even Jeremy Lin looked like prime Jordan with the D'Antoni system.

And Kendall Marshall