Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: 04 Detroit Pistons vs 13 Miami Heat Which Team Wins the East?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    But I would love to have seen Wade/Hamilton go at it for a 7 game series.
    Wade and Hamilton did go at it in a seven game series (2005). And then they went at it in a six game series (2006). I don't have statistics off hand and I can't remember how to look at just one series worth of statistics on basketballreference so I don't remember how that matchup went in '05. However, in '06 I think Wade went crazy. I don't even really remember seeing it as a "Wade vs. Hamilton" type of thing. It was more just Rip doing Rip things and Wade becoming a superstar.

I think a case could be made for either team in this hypothetical. If that '04 club caught Miami playing like they're playing now, that'd be a problem for the Pistons because even with Ben and Sheed in the middle, that Detroit team still sometimes had problems handling the likes of Wade and LeBron back then.

Then again, Detroit had a lot of All-Stars everywhere. And I guess we're talking about '13 Wade who is still great, but maybe not as great as he was in '06. Detroit would theoretically have a sizable advantage up front and Chauncey Billups would likely have the upper hand at point. And it was nice having Mehmet Okur come off the bench with the two pitbulls Lindsey Hunter and Mike James (not to mention Corliss Williamson).

I think it'd be a heck of a battle one way or another.

Guess I'm the only one who thinks that '04 Pistons team is one of the worst NBA Champs of the past 30+ years. Not that they weren't a good team, but the Eastern Conference was a joke at the time, and the Lakers handed them that series by self-imploding.

i think detroit in 7

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    what happen in 05?
    Wade's rib injury happend.

And I'll take the Heat. Bosh as a stretch 5, would often pull Ben Wallace out of the paint, thus clearing the path for dribble penetration and paint touches for James and Wade. Negating the most important competent of that Detroit core, which was their rim protection.

The Heat are far too diverse offensively for Detroit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Sheed and Big Ben would shit on Miami.
    Healthy Sheed and Chandler effectively did earlier this year.

13 Heat. 04 Pistons were more suited to defend teams whose best players were dominant big men (Shaq, Duncan). Lebron would have his way with Prince and Rip vs Wade wouldn't work too well for the Pistons either. Rasheed kinda shied away from working in the post (not that he couldn't do it) and that's what's needed to beat the 13 Heat.

Shaq and Duncan championship teams would beat 13 Heat. Can't see Bosh/Birdman/Anthony containing a Prime Shaq or Duncan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Wade's rib injury happend.

And I'll take the Heat. Bosh as a stretch 5, would often pull Ben Wallace out of the paint, thus clearing the path for dribble penetration and paint touches for James and Wade. Negating the most important competent of that Detroit core, which was their rim protection.

The Heat are far too diverse offensively for Detroit.
    Except Sheed's a stretch 4 with elite defense who would be guarding him in that instance

Not to mention Sheed manning the middle would be sufficient against drives anyway.

2004 Piston

They're already proven champions.. They beat the Lakers in a very close finals series with prime Shaq, Young Mamba, Old Malone and Payton.. Do people here believes that the heat stand a chance against the 2004 Piston aka the best defensive team of all time? You're stupid if you think so.. Even the 2004 Lakers and Spurs would whoop their assess pretty easily.. The stupidity in this thread is beyond retarded..

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    2004 Piston

They're already proven champions.. They beat the Lakers in a very close finals series with prime Shaq, Young Mamba, Old Malone and Payton.. Do people here believes that the heat stand a chance against the 2004 Piston aka the best defensive team of all time? You're stupid if you think so.. Even the 2004 Lakers and Spurs would whoop their assess pretty easily.. The stupidity in this thread is beyond retarded..
    Please stop, you're so delusional and stupid it's pathetic. Go outside. First off, they destroyed the 2004 Lakers, nothing CLOSE.

The Heat are easily better then the 2003-2004 Lakers. Wade has light up the Pistons for years in the playoffs, unlike Kobe who got shut down. Bosh is a stretch so it gives lanes for LeBron and Wade to murder them. Miami's shooters are lights out. Great offense beast great defense every time, and lets not act like Miami is bad at defense, as they are elite come playoff time.

Heat 4-1, maybe 4-2

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Please stop, you're so delusional and stupid it's pathetic. Go outside. First off, they destroyed the 2004 Lakers, nothing CLOSE.

The Heat are easily better then the 2003-2004 Lakers. Wade has light up the Pistons for years in the playoffs, unlike Kobe who got shut down. Bosh is a stretch so it gives lanes for LeBron and Wade to murder them. Miami's shooters are lights out. Great offense beast great defense every time, and lets not act like Miami is bad at defense, as they are elite come playoff time.

Heat 4-1, maybe 4-2

You know Wade is not the same player as back then plus he didnt dominate the 2004 piston.. It was the 2006 Piston that he light up who were considered by most people as washed up team that time..

2004 Piston >>>>>>>>>>> 05, 06,07 Piston >>>> 13 Heat....
    Last edited by KOBE143; 03-20-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

Miami in 7 post 2006 NBA rules.

**** the heat
    Last edited by atljonesbro; 03-20-2013 at 03:29 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

'04 Pistons are just about the weakest champion of the last 30+ years. They had an all-time D, but were woefully limited on offense and were lucky to even make the Finals after being stretched to the limit against NJ and Indiana. There's simply no way a team as well rounded and star-dominant as Miami is losing to them. Heck, weaker versions of the Heat('11 and '12) have beaten superior versions of the '04 Pistons in Boston and Chicago over the last few years.

Miami in 6 max.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    '04 Pistons are just about the weakest champion of the last 30+ years. They had an all-time D, but were woefully limited on offense and were lucky to even make the Finals after being stretched to the limit against NJ and Indiana. There's simply no way a team as well rounded and star-dominant as Miami is losing to them. Heck, weaker versions of the Heat('11 and '12) have beaten superior versions of the '04 Pistons in Boston and Chicago over the last few years.

Miami in 6 max.
    The Celtics(11-13) and Bulls are not superior versions of the Pistons. In particular I think the 04 Pistons are a superior 11-13 Celtics which has given the Heats some fits.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

I dont know if this is a serious question.
    First of all, Detroit's defense was suited to stop elite big mans since Duncan and Shaq were the main threats back than.
    Second, Wade and Lebron are probably the best performers back in those days against these Pistons. Wade has been destroying them every year. Performances against Pistons in 05 and 06 are next to greatest of all time, and if not for that injury in 05, Wade would beat them with just past his prime Shaq two years in a row.

On the other hand Lebron destroyed them even more than Wade. Game 5, do I need to say more. And add to that one of the best mid range shooters in the game Bosh, so many great shooters from the 3 point line in Allen, Battier, Chalmers, Lewis, Miller etc etc + elite defense that they can play anytime.
    Really, Heat would have destroyed 04 Pistons and its not even close. 5 games at most.