Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Where do you guys typically rate Scottie Pippen as a player?

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    I agree.

He is around where Wade is all time.

Then ur dumb

You obviously never watched back then

Pippen sucked

There are zero facts that say he was the best passer or defender.. there's only facts showing that Jordan was

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Nothing you said there is true
    How could you disagree that Pippen's the best defensive wing? Rodman didn't guard out on the perimeter enough, such as with Detroit, to really warrant the title. Pippen was a better passer and defender than Jordan, although both are quite marginal. Pippen had better court vision, too.
    Last edited by 72-10; 04-27-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Then ur dumb

Pippen sucked

There are zero facts that say he was the best passer or defender.. there's only facts showing that Jordan was
    Averaged more assist than Jordan every title year with far, far less usage. Made defensive first team each season at a better defensive position whilst guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player.

Quite apparent he was his teams best passer and defender. Jackson knew after one finals game Michael couldn’t guard the teams best player, and allowed Scott to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness View Post
    Top 25 ever. Best defensive wing of all time, and best defender/passer on 6 title teams. Proved he could be the number one scorer on a contender.
    He only averaged 22 ppg so he didn’t prove shit whether they were contender or not. Must average at least 25 ppg to be taken seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    He only averaged 22 ppg so he didn’t prove shit whether they were contender or not. Must average at least 25 ppg to be taken seriously
    Nah you don’t, Duncan won a title averaging 24 a game when his next best scorer averaged 13. So was he not the best offensive player on a contender/title team? Pippen was the best player on his team in every category the season MJ retired, had he been drafted somewhere else he could have been top 5 all time.

Then ur dumb

Pippen sucked

Wrong.

The consensus for Pippen all time is top 25.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...-nbarank-21-25

The consensus for Wade all time is top 27.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...-nbarank-26-30

Looks like I am right yet again in this debate and you are dumb. I have the consensus. You have bias. Guess who is right? Me.

Quite apparent he was his teams best passer and defender. Jackson knew after one finals game Michael couldn’t guard the teams best player, and allowed Scott to handle it.
    In the second threepeat, the Bulls usually put Pippen on the opponents' best player or in the least was tasked with a more difficult defensive assignment than Jordan, but what you said isn't true. For instance, in 1991, Jordan guarded Magic Johnson effectively all four games, while at the same time being the workhorse on offense, not to mention James Worthy missed the final game.

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10 View Post
    In the second threepeat, the Bulls usually put Pippen on the opponents' best player or in the least was tasked with a more difficult defensive assignment than Jordan, but what you said isn't true. For instance, in 1991, Jordan guarded Magic Johnson effectively all four games, while at the same time being the workhorse on offense, not to mention James Worthy missed the final game.
    ESPN put Pippen at 25, higher than Wade.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...-nbarank-21-25

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-all-nos-40-11

ESPN redid their rankings last year and moved Pippen from top 25 to top 21. They looked through extensive film / stats / accomplishments / analyzing player ability and had to move Pippen up.

So Pippen is top 21 player all time according to the general consensus amongst NBA intellectuals.

LeBron is #2 and that was before the finals. I am sure ESPN has LeBron as 1a / 1b by now.

3-time NBA All-Star

Top 25 ever. Best defensive wing of all time, and best defender/passer on 6 title teams. Proved he could be the number one scorer on a contender.
    Wouldn't really call them a contender. In 94 they lost in the second round. Pip put up something like 23/5/8 on 43% fg and 26% 3pt. He was a beast defensively as usual though. Even with his defense there's no way your gonna win a chip with your number 1 scoring option putting up those numbers. Not without help anyway. On top of that phil didn't trust giving the ball to pip in the clutch.

As far as him being top 25 it's hard to say. Pip is one of those guys that's hard to evaluate. Defense is what made him special but it's hard to quantify how much impact great defenders have. It's significant obviously but it's hard when trying to place them all time. Honestly pip one of those guys where i could see having him at 25 and guys having him at 75. I'd probably put him somewhere in the middle.

I believe ppg isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to a player's overall impact, gohan.

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    i believe ppg isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to a player's overall impact, gohan.
    no he said carried the offense like he did something special on that bulls team. Theres more to offense too but scottie didnt really bring that much to the table on offense

no he said carried the offense like he did something special on that bulls team. Theres more to offense too but scottie didnt really bring that much to the table on offense
    Maybe he meant floor general and it's something that he's good at, even without the aid of his first option; the 1994 playoffs is a proof of that.

Where do I think the guy who out assisted, out defended, out rebounded, the #1 option Michael Iverson, and was the team's playmaker for 3 championships and defensive anchor for all six rank?

Well hot damn, I'd say a solid top 25 player sounds about right.

Top 20-25. I can make an argument for top 20.