Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: [WOJ BOMB] Khris Middleton will only resign with Bucks if he gets 5 years 190 million

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    Welcome to LA
    LA wants to spend 38m on Khris Middleton. Lmao at players getting over paid today.

High School Varsity 6th Man Miles and Miles's Avatar

Default Re: [WOJ BOMB] Khris Middleton will only resign with Bucks if he gets 5 years 190 million

He obviously doesn't want to be on the Bucks anymore.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Lol. Dude gonna price himself out of the league

Can't knock him for trying to get his money, wow @ the delusion.

They need to ask Giannis because that's the only opinion that matters.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Leverage is a great thing.

He knows Bucks can't let him walk because they can't afford to lose Giannis.

I've wanted to retain Middleton, but nowhere near that price.

Who else will pay him it? The 27-year-old has already peaked as a fringe All-Star at best (only named one 'cause of the conference disparity), and he certainly hasn't upvalued himself with his substandard playoffs run

Quote Originally Posted by Miles and Miles
    He obviously doesn't want to be on the Bucks anymore.
    Bingo.But he would stay for 180 mil, for as long as he can stand being in that "Giannis system".Where only Giannis gets all of the praise for every single win.

Quote Originally Posted by Naero
    I've wanted to retain Middleton, but nowhere near that price.

Who else will pay him it? The 27-year-old has already peaked as a fringe All-Star at best (only named one 'cause of the conference disparity), and he certainly hasn't upvalued himself with his substandard playoffs run—especially his putrid Eastern Conference Finals.

I'd much rather allocate that money to outspending whatever offers Brogdon receives, re-signing Brook Lopez (assuming he doesn't extort similar money), and finding a couple of solid 3&D players to replace the outgoing Middleton.

Hopefully he and the Bucks brass can compromise, because I don't want to lose Khris; I just don't want the Bucks to be hamstrung in free agency, where we'll have other glue players to re-sign or replace. Granted, the FO might find the taxes worthwhile to pay off if it guarantees us a comparably favorable title-contention chance as last season...
    He'd get his 4 year max from a number of other teams. The Mavericks I bet would give it to him.

I'm not saying the Bucks should for sure do it, but they are at risk here if they don't improve if they let him go because Giannis only has 2 years left...

The Bledsoe contract is a real killer here as he's not adding much to the team in terms of winning the title...and I don't think he'd be easy to trade...and I think they can't even trade him until October or something because of the extension.

Bledsoe isn't bad, but he's just not what the Bucks need if the goal is winning the title.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 06-19-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Bucks should try everything they possibly can to get Kyrie. Kyrie >>>Middleton

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

That's the big downside to small market teams they have to pay extra to retain their stars

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Hes getting the max. Just depends on if its the bucks max or someone elses. I dont know what people think a max player is these days. It has nothing to do with being elite. How many all stars on the open market ARENT getting max offers?

You might have to pay Brogdan a Parsons style deal to get the Bucks to not match. This is how people get overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Hes getting the max. Just depends on if its the bucks max or someone elses. I dont know what people think a max player is these days. It has nothing to do with being elite. How many all stars on the open market ARENT getting max offers?

You might have to pay Brogdan a Parsons style deal to get the Bucks to not match. This is how people get overpaid.
    A max player is someone you dont trade after 1 or 2 years into the max deal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

he is the second option on the Bucks.

My only issue is throughout the season he was ice cold, but recovered nicely in the playoffs.

I think he is worth 25m pr year 125 5 year note.

It would help to retain Lopez , Mic, and Brogdan

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

A max player in 2019 is like....Sean Elliot.

Wesley Matthews had a max contract(his max from 2015). And Otto Porter. Whiteside. Harrison Barnes. Batum. Chandler Parsons. Enes Kanter.

Theres like 35-40 of these guys at any given time who would get max money on the open market. Jamal Murray is gonna tax the **** outta Denver.

This is where team building gets really difficult.

Do you pay up as the Bucks...knowing it is a large overpay for the on court impact? Or do you not pay, hope you can retool, and risk Giannis walking in 2 years in part because of not bringing back Middleton to continue to the journey?

These aren't easy decisions and sometimes it is actually smart for a franchise to overpay a player.

With the Bucks, I'm just not sure they could attract a player or players better than Middleton...even with the low cap holds for Brogdon/Lopez.

Maybe they could move Snell/Illya for something this summer and then move Bledsoe in the season...and bring back Brook/Middleton/Brogdon.

If I was the Bucks...I'd probably pay up and then hope I could make an early season move around Bledsoe.