Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Talent evaluation over the years. ISH serving up the piping hot takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25

Anyways...
    Once you ignore that someone usually isnt doing anything...and focus on the few things they did do? You shoot up the all time ladder quick.

Only focus on the positives and ignore that he was usually garbage....its not hard to be "skilled". We are only counting the few moments that make that look true remember?

Who isnt skilled when we only focus on the combined 8 minutes of their career they performed like it? Brandon Jennings was a god once we focus only on the few times that looked true and ignore that he was usually nothing to talk about.

Default Re: Talent evaluation over the years. ISH serving up the piping hot takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    Darko had some of the highest amount of basketball talent and skill I've ever seen.

Unfortunately he was a mental midget, he was psychologically abused by Larry Brown, and his cardio was never up to par. Neither of those things are irrelevant... they're highly relevant, obviously.

But Darko's skill will forever go down as criminally underrated. It is what it is.

Pairing Darko with Larry Brown was like pairing Kwame with MJ... those guys just mentally abused two dudes who didn't have the psychological makeup to take the abuse at that age. It's likely they both would have had better careers if they had landed in other spots as rookies.
    Darko hated basketball before the NBA, before Brown. He was forced to play as a kid. Wouldn't draft such a guy no matter how much talent he possesses.

David Robinson wasnt that into basketball.....but he was more talented than Darko and wasnt insane either.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Darko was black balled.

Im gonna need to call everyones attention to his once famous interview about some refs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woWqSmichOo

I wish it were in english. It would be among the most infamous things in history if he gave that interview on ESPN or TNT. He told them hed **** the refs mothers and daughters. Said suck my dick..."and you can write that!". Just went off. And the Serbians in the comments say it was cleaned up for the subtitles and actually a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Darko was black balled.

Darko was in the NBA for like 10 years was a starter on at least 2 teams(the Magic and Twolves) and made 50+ million dollars. Save that for people who dont get a chance. Teams wanted him to be the man and he just wouldnt go after it. Hes 33. He could still be playing if he wanted to. Guy retired from all basketball years ago to kickbox and grow apples. Hes just not a guy who wants to be in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Im gonna need to call everyones attention to his once famous interview about some refs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woWqSmichOo

I wish it were in english. It would be among the most infamous things in history if he gave that interview on ESPN or TNT. He told them hed **** the refs mothers and daughters. Said suck my dick..."and you can write that!". Just went off. And the Serbians in the comments say it was cleaned up for the subtitles and actually a lot worse.
    Euro KG.

Too bad he was black balled.

American blacks don't like when Euros act like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Darko was in the NBA for like 10 years was a starter on at least 2 teams(the Magic and Twolves) and made 50+ million dollars. Save that for people who dont get a chance. Teams wanted him to be the man and he just wouldnt go after it. Hes 33. He could still be playing if he wanted to. Guy retired from all basketball years ago to kickbox and grow apples. Hes just not a guy who wants to be in basketball.
    You can play 20 years and never get a real opportunity.

The Detroit situation destroyed his career because he became spiteful due to the racism.

He hated it here after that.

Darko was crazy before he ever came to America. He would flip out in practice in europe as a teen and refuse to help clean up the gym as the junior team was required...get the whole team punished. In the words of his teammate at the time:

"At those moments, you simply start hating him because you have to suffer for it," Ilic says.
    Hed just stop doing the drills and walk off without a word said and get the whole team in trouble.

In his own words...he was tall so he was asked to try basketball. He didnt like it. He didnt watch it. He now admits he lied about being a fan of KG growing up because he was expected to have been a basketball fan and KG was tall and skilled so he chose him. He didnt even know the Warriors had become good as of 2016.

Go read some Darko articles. That guy was out of his mind and will tell you himself. He broke so many walls in his home over any tiny inconvenience around the house he had all night contractors on standby. Said his walls never got painted because he wouldnt stop breaking holes in them so his house was just the color of sheetrock inside.

Sit your nonsense race talk aside for 3 minutes and read an interview or two. Not an article about him. His own words. Darko was lazy, didnt like basketball, and totally out of his mind. He just wanted to make enough money to leave Serbia. He calls himself a bust more than anyone else does.

His passion is cherries. He loves fruit. He loves fruit more than he ever liked basketball.

Darko was talented for sure. He was big, mobile, good footwork, strong, could go inside, could rebound, could shoot, and defend. He could do a bit of everything. He wasn't outstanding in any one area but there were so many things he could do. With a guy that young and with such a solid foundation it's a good bet he'll develop into a good player at the very least.

Except he didn't care about basketball. He was also a colossal head case. I can't think of a guy off the top of my head that both didn't care about basketball AND was also a head case on the level that Darko was. If you tick both these boxes AND the teams drafting you don't know about any of it(or in this case hadn't bothered to find out), you're guaranteed to be a bust.

Banned

IMO had lebron never colluded/ring chased he definitely would have been a bust

he manipulated his career and proved us wrong. none of us could have predicted he would team up with wade/bosh/allen/kyrie/love etc...

if all he had was a regular 1 prime co star squad like kobe he wins 0 titles

Very good NBA starter

kblaze, i remember you were raving about darko even after his first year.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    kblaze, i remember you were raving about darko even after his first year.

Nah you really don

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    IMO had lebron never colluded/ring chased he definitely would have been a bust

he manipulated his career and proved us wrong. none of us could have predicted he would team up with wade/bosh/allen/kyrie/love etc...

if all he had was a regular 1 prime co star squad like kobe he wins 0 titles

Lebron was better than almost anyone honest can say they predicted before he ever won.

You are out of bust contention long before being a multiple mvp winner.

Im trying to decide who is most likely to get people laughed at in 10 years.

Barrett? Knick fans tend towards being laughed at.

People have fallen in love with a couple of the guys previously being slept on.

I dont know who its gonna be we all laugh at the draft topic comments on....but its gonna be someone.