Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Real Men watch CBM

Default Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix)

Premiere tonight.

Episode 1... So twisted.

Default Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix)

So she has super strength and can fly, where have I seen this before.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I'm sorry...call me chauvinistic (I am), but I can't take anything seriously where a weak woman is some tough hero. I've been watching Malcolm in the Middle on Netflix lately as it was one of my favorite shows growing up (i'm the middle child of two brothers so it makes me chuckle thinking about the stupid shit we did lol), and I just can't take a show seriously where some weak looking woman is supposed to be some tough protagonist beating up grown men. This show is for the Ronda Rousey fan club.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-21-2015 at 07:12 AM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Once you accept that she's in a fictional world where super powers exist the fact that she's a woman really has nothing to do with anything.

her beating someone in a fight doesn't make any less sense than nerdy kid Peter Parker if he didn't have powers.

But they have powers. That's the point...

And she doesn't really even do much fighting. she's hardly Captain America or anything. She's a private eye.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Also, she doesn't fly... it's more like jumping and... falling. (for the tv version anyway.)
    She gained her flying ability at a later time. She just didnt have them to start with.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    She gained her flying ability at a later time. She just didnt have them to start with.
    i'm on the 3rd episode so far..it's not as rapey as i thought

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    For the show? I'm only 3 deep. In the comics she had the power of flight before Killgrave.
    Yea I meant in the show. According to show runners if they ever include it will be at a much later time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    i'm on the 3rd episode so far..it's not as rapey as i thought
    Im sorry for the disappointment

Banned

So who's stronger Luke Cage or Jessica Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I'm sorry...call me chauvinistic (I am), but I can't take anything seriously where a weak woman is some tough hero. I've been watching Malcolm in the Middle on Netflix lately as it was one of my favorite shows growing up (i'm the middle child of two brothers so it makes me chuckle thinking about the stupid shit we did lol), and I just can't take a show seriously where some weak looking woman is supposed to be some tough protagonist beating up grown men. This show is for the Ronda Rousey fan club.
    Those empowered women roles are all over the place now, at least this one is supposedly a superhero, other shows and movies are littered with women kicking the shit out of men frequently. It's OK as long as it's women who are beating men on TV though.

This one is much slower in pace (and a lot more boring) than Daredevil, quite difficult to binge watch. Couple episodes a day is all I can take.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    This one is much slower in pace (and a lot more boring) than Daredevil, quite difficult to binge watch. Couple episodes a day is all I can take.
    Daredevil was slow in pace in the first episodes as well. Don't get me wrong Daredevil was great but people over hype to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Two episodes in and I find it really interesting, would be watching more if it wasn't almost 7am

Just finished it. The first few were slow but compelling after that it gets a lot faster paced.

Didn't have a lot of faith in Ritter coming in, but she really impressed me. Tennant pulls off creepy so goddamn well in this it's amazing, and perhaps even more amazing how he can switch back and forth between that and his manic side so easily in this show. I enjoyed his performance as Purple Man way more than Kingpin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Just finished it. The first few were slow but compelling after that it gets a lot faster paced.

Didn't have a lot of faith in Ritter coming in, but she really impressed me. Tennant pulls off creepy so goddamn well in this it's amazing, and perhaps even more amazing how he can switch back and forth between that and his manic side so easily in this show. I enjoyed his performance as Purple Man way more than Kingpin.
    This.

Tennant was a scene stealer. Kingpin got on my nerve near the end. I really liked Daredevil, but I actually like this show better. Twisted, compelling, and none of the episodes felt like a filler. I really like the concept of a person with superpowers doing everything in her power not to become a typical superhero, but trying to remain human.

Should have been working on my paper, but I binged watched till episode 9 last night. Might finish it today.