Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Trouble with women cause you are a "nice guy"?

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Anyway, a "nice guy" doesn't even refer to someone who is nice. It refers to a guy who approaches women as friends and treats them "nice" just because he is a "nice guy" and not because he thinks they are attractive and he wants to bang them. Even though the only people he treats "nice" are women he's attracted to. And it could be weeks, months, years, but that "(despite acting as your friend all this time) I like you as more than a friend and want to date you" is always coming eventually. It's kind of an insecure, weasel move and any girl sees it coming from a mile away because guys having been trying that weak trick since she was 12.
    Do guys like that even exist though? The kind of guy who becomes friends with a girl, listens to her problems, lends his shoulder to cry on, holds her bags while she shops, etc.? A complete doormat who has nothing going for him except being "nice". Sounds like BS to me. Sounds like a strawman women invented to justify their involvement with bad guys who treat them badly.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Do guys like that even exist though? The kind of guy who becomes friends with a girl, listens to her problems, lends his shoulder to cry on, holds her bags while she shops, etc.? A complete doormat who has nothing going for him except being "nice". Sounds like BS to me. Sounds like a strawman women invented to justify their involvement with bad guys who treat them badly.
    My ex had like 10 of them. A guy at her work who would drive her home any day she wanted or even pick her up in the morning. A taxi driver friend who would drive her home at night after events. When she moved there were 2 other guys there to "help" her move and "help" paint her place. She took her driving lessons from a friend at a big discount. She plays the helpless insecure girl role exquisitely.

Most of them of them 28-35 years old. Some of them even had an ugly, fat wife at home. (she was like 21 at the time) Each of them oblivious to each other unrealistically waiting for that one moment when she'd finally break down and give up the pus[COLOR="Black"]sy[/COLOR] in a moment of rash impulsivity.

But seriously, ask your female friends if you are curious. All of them either have guy friends who they've had "the talk" with, or have some stories about guys who persistently want to be their friend while having a clear ulterior motive.

My ex had like 10 of them. A guy at her work who would drive her home any day she wanted or even pick her up in the morning. A taxi driver friend who would drive her home at night after events. When she moved there were 2 other guys there to "help" her move and "help" paint her place. She took her driving lessons from a friend at a big discount. She plays the helpless insecure girl role exquisitely.

Most of them of them 28-35 years old. Some of them even had an ugly, fat wife at home. (she was like 21 at the time) Each of them oblivious to each other unrealistically waiting for that one moment when she'd finally break down and give up the pus[COLOR="Black"]sy[/COLOR] in a moment of rash impulsivity.

But seriously, ask your female friends if you are curious. All of them either have guy friends who they've had "the talk" with, or have some stories about guys who persistently want to be their friend while having a clear ulterior motive.
    Well LOL, I dont even know what to say.

I'm thoroughly a nice guy but not that kind of "nice guy".

NBA rookie of the year

But most women do like nice guys. You just have to be attractive, masculine and interesting too. Nice can't be your defining quality. Just like us guys like nice, sweet girls, but we are never attracted to any woman just because she's sweet.
    People tend to equate being nice with being a pushover. You can be a nice guy and still have confidence as well as acquiesce a female

You can be either an asshole or a nice guy - both methods work.

A lot of it has to do with your looks, if you don't have a single attractive feature about yourself - you've lost. I think this should be the first step for many guys out there. Figure out your niche, something that girls would remember you by or something that separates you from all the other losers that try to get some.

You don't need to take a girl out or spend money on gifts, etc to get laid.

Alcohol is your friend.

Confidence is key - you need to show it. Alcohol obviously helps with this issue (it helped me a ton when I was a beginner).

Having good social skills is not a must, but it makes it all a hell of a lot easier.

If you're just looking for some poon, go clubbing and go to house parties, there's always someone you can get it on with (if you aren't a self-absorved douchebag who thinks other people should meet your overly high expectations, when you're a loser or average yourself).

If you've never done shit - don't expect your first catch to be a 10 or even a 7. If you have a shot with an average chick or someone that at least isn't totally hideous, just do it for the sake of gaining experience. You will thank yourself later.

That's just sad. Those guys deserve to get used for being that stupid.

I recently had a weird experience with a co-worker of mine. I was being really nice to her, especially because she was the only female at work on the graveyard shift. I was being nice to her so she could feel comfortable at work and long story short, I think she thinks I'm trying to get with her. At first she was really cool with me and laughing at my jokes, then she started to become distant and would blush when I approached her and avoids eye contact. I just mostly ignore her now...that's what I get for being extra nice to a female co-worker
    Last edited by TheMan; 12-02-2014 at 05:17 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

There is nothing wrong with being nice to other people.

It is a jungle out there. Different women bring out different sides of me. Sometimes I am nice, sometimes I am dangerous. A conversation is like a dance, you react to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    That's true. But that isn't what boys were hearing growing up.

Because that's what they were told by women themselves lol. Guys were always hearing shit like

"You need to be her friend before you're her boyfriend."

"The best relationships start out as friendships"

All of that is garbage. The truth is, women are just as shallow as we are, albeit shallow in regards to different traits. Being nice, interesting, etc is all cool but if you can't appeal to woman's raw emotions then there's no chance, unless you're just way more attractive than she is.
    Well, I think one area where guys **** up is that they don't treat girls they want to sleep with as friends...they just treat them nice all of the time. Real friends cut up on each other, call each other out on their shit, don't do them favors all the time for free, etc. Most of the time these type of dudes aren't really connecting with them they are just doting on them.

Girls know when you are treating them differently and being a pushover and 1) they find it unattractive and 2) take advantage.

Banned

The problem with a lot of 'nice guys' is that they aren't actually nice at all. They just play up that whole angle, act like the douchiest of rom com douches because they expect every girl they fawn over and cater to will automatically give up the pu$$y. Then when naturally they don't, Mr. Nice Guy blames it on him being too nice.

If you are a genuinely cool, actually nice person, people can tell (especially females who are usually more intuitive). No one finds desperation sexy, especially not women, and a whole lot of 'nice guys' reek of it when they're doing their fake routine.

Sounds cliche, but just be yourself. If a girl doesn't respond to that, f*ck em (I mean in the metaphoric sense, not like Bill Cosby).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    That's true, but many guys don't know how to maintain their presence with women. Anytime a girl shows even the slightest hint of being disgruntled, they'll acquiesce because they're afraid of losing her. They don't know that women do that shit on purpose just to see how you'll react.

Again, this is just the shit they've been told, so they were following through on it. But it's always better to have a girl "hate" you than not feel anything at all.
    Yeah, it's what they've been told but at some point you just have to learn how to interact with women (and people in general). The first couple times around? Yeah sure you can blame it on being mislead and not properly informed. But if you keep acting the same instead of learning? Well, then that's on you.

That's the dumbest thing about this "red pill" shit. These nerdy pushovers got rejected by like 3-5 girls because they were acting like a bitch and all of a sudden all women are liars and devils.

Banned

OP is a nice guy for sharing this advice.

OP cancels that out with his beautiful beard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    That's the dumbest thing about this "red pill" shit. These nerdy pushovers got rejected by like 3-5 girls because they were acting like a bitch and all of a sudden all women are liars and devils.

So true. Those geeks have an extremely messed up world view.