Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So this happened to me at School today..

I don't usually flood this board with personal thoughts or accidents, but I just had to share this..since we just had russwest' complaining thread, here's mine.. It may be a bit "tldr" though.

We were watching a movie in class and had to review it afterwards, so the movie is from 1975.... And I ended my review with saying "good camera work for a 70's movie", and our teacher is like "80's"............. I tell her it's 1975 so obviously it's from the 70's, and this bitch honestly wants to tell me the 1980's are from 1970-1979..........The 1990's from 1980-1989, etc. She's the kind of teacher thats totally arrogant and will try to even take digs at you. When I sat down she was like "He still doesnt believe it" LMFAO.... How 'bout you try to prove it some way. So I'm still saying that 1975 = 70's, and she tells the class "Ah so that's what its like in *my name* world"..

Even worse, a couple of students defended her.....

Girl infront of me was like "Look, I was born in 1995(Think it was '95, some year from the 90's), so I'm from the 2000's"...........................

And 2 other girls.. Only girls, really. Buddy of mine was looking at me and facepalming at their stupidity.. They're mixing that shit up with centuries...

Anyway, of course afterwards couple of class mates were agreeing with me and I even "proved" it to one guy when we asked a teacher.. I asked like 7 other teachers about it (Yes, I was mad.. You can't be so arrogant, ignorant, yet wrong AND make fun of the one who was right), and they all except for 1 agreed with me.. I was actually surprised about that one teacher who was like "I'm not sure". Like, how can you not know......

I would love to smash this in her face somehow.. I may bring it up again, but dont know how...

Good college starter

Default Re: So this happened to me at School today..

She made a mistake f[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR]ing with you. A big f[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR]ing mistake. She has probably already looked it up by now and is probably hoping you forget all about it.

Don't.

Bring it up and shame the hell out of her and those bitches who tried to be smart. When they finally accept they were wrong, they will try to make you look weird for making such a big deal of it. Its a standard response mechanism in situations like this. Don't let it work.

Make sure their mistake eats at them for the rest of their life. Never let them forget it. Stay on top of this. Kill them with your tenacity and bury them with your consistency. They WILL regret f[COLOR="Black"]ucki[/COLOR]ng with you.

Do you go to the special school?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Do you go to the special school?
    Just your typical retarded spoiled females... Unless you're talking specifically about the teacher, but then your post wouldn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    How can you post all that and not say what movie it was?

That is dumb though.
    "Die Verwandlung" by Franz Kafka...

In English its probably The Transformation, or The Metamorphosis.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    She made a mistake f[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR]ing with you. A big f[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR]ing mistake. She has probably already looked it up by now and is probably hoping you forget all about it.

Don't.

Bring it up and shame the hell out of her and those bitches who tried to be smart. When they finally accept they were wrong, they will try to make you look weird for making such a big deal of it. Its a standard response mechanism in situations like this. Don't let it work.

Make sure their mistake eats at them for the rest of their life. Never let them forget it. Stay on top of this. Kill them with your tenacity and bury them with your consistency. They WILL regret f[COLOR="Black"]ucki[/COLOR]ng with you.
    I guess.. I thought about it. I really should teach them, letting it slide is easier but it would honestly make me not quite forget it, when they should be the ones owning up to their mistake.

That seems unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    That seems unbelievable.
    You couldn't believe how furious I was

Still am, a bit... I went to so many teachers asking for what century they think it belonged to, friends of mine told me to stop already lol..

But damn, so much ignorance coming from her side.

Once she leans one direction, she really isn't going to be open minded at all... Instead she tries to insult anyone who thinks otherwise.. Even when she couldn't be further off.

so you are the smartest kid with a down-syndrome? not bad, not bad

5-time NBA All-Star

In the US the 60's was the decade with most going on: Music, politics, sexuality, protest, expression, leaders, there is just no way to say it was the 70's.

Ask her if WWII was in the 50's??? And dare her to say it on youtube as you are filming her. That should settle it.

But she may apologize tomorrow.

Serious playground baller CeilingFan#1's Avatar

This fool doesn't know that 1975 was in the 80s

That's some of the dumbest shit I've heard all week. And my weeks are filled with dumb shit.

She's a ****ing idiot

But choose your battles. I had beef with one of my professors earlier this semester and he's been giving me BS ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    In the US the 60's was the decade with most going on: Music, politics, sexuality, protest, expression, leaders, there is just no way to say it was the 70's.

Ask her if WWII was in the 50's??? And dare her to say it on youtube as you are filming her. That should settle it.

But she may apologize tomorrow.
    Lol thats awesome.. The question. Not sure about filming her, maybe just secretly, like hang it in my front pocket with camera on... But the question is a good one

Will see her on Friday. She probably will avoid it, though. I just want her to own up to the mistake and apologize.

I don't know if you're still goofing, but obviously it's the american thing. Americans say that 80ies are whatever happened from 1980 to 1989, and that way of saying it.

However, when we say which decade it is, we thinking of what decade it is currently adding up to, therefore 1982 or 1986 is the 9th decade of the century.

Same with centuries/ages, Xth age is from 900 to 1000, XIV age is from 1300 to 1400.

Maybe your teacher has non-american origins?

1) No one talks about which decade it is from 0. Then it would be the 8s not 80s.
    2) Everyone speaks about centuries in the same manner no matter their origin.
    3) The aforementioned does not affect the original point.