Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1926272829303132 ... LastLast
    Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

Default Re: Jerry Sloan steps down, leaves Utah Jazz! Era is over!

damn it's a sad day for the league he will surely be missed. kinda werid ending his coaching career in the middle of the season.

Not airballing my layups anymore The Poet's Avatar

Deron Williams was able to unseat Sloan? We need to send him to Egypt. Maybe he can get rid of Mubarak.

Not airballing my layups anymore eltonrosas's Avatar

Man I'm sad

I know it's only basketball, but I felt that if there were two things I could take to the bank and those were that tomorrow the sun was going to rise and that Jerry Sloan was going to be the coach of the Jazz.

I hope there is a sunrise tomorrow.

If it really was a dispute between the two, id honestly rather trade Deron..

Hes been playing pretty crap lately, and his trade value is high. Im not a fan of the Jazz at all, but I know Sloan is an amazing coach I used to hate him when they were going up against the bulls in the 90s

Good coaches like that are hard to come by, I never really felt like Deron was "fitting" into the system either. Its not like they have had that great a sucess lately aswell...

Not airballing my layups anymore

the truth is, this all boils down to sloan's jealousy of deron's hair

National High School Star

I'm bracing myself for some wonderful times in Jazzland. It's going to be just like LeBron's last year in Cleveland. The Jazz front office is going to have their tongue up Deron's ass so far, they'll be licking his kidneys, and he's still gonna leave in 2012. And we'll all feel just as abused as the Cavs fans.

But hey, at least the Jazz players will be rocking headbands, right?

Oh, and here's a wonderful little factoid for all those who think Coach Sloan wasn't all that great.

He's won 1221 games as a coach. That's more than 8 NBA franchises have ever won. The Clippers have been in the league for 40(forty!) years and have won 1195 games.

Quote Originally Posted by gorbo
    the truth is, this all boils down to sloan's jealousy of deron's hair

haha, actually brought that up in the jazz v bulls gamethread. Deron looks fkn ridiculous with his hair/beard combo

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    same thing hes being doing all his career...playing good in the regular season and choking again in the playoff......
    who Deron? um... have you watched him in any playoffs or even bother looking up his stats?

Jerry Sloan is the greatest coach to never win a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Every jazz loss for the rest of the season will be on williams head... and seeing how jazz fans treat players they don't like this could get ugly
    This is my fear. Inevitably, if the Jazz start to tank, Deron is going to shoulder almost all the blame. If they win however, things will be forgotten pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Correction: Jerry Sloan invented jiu jitsu
    If Chuck Norris had a baby with Chuck Norris, that baby would be Jerry Sloan

Quote Originally Posted by joshwake
    If Chuck Norris had a baby with Chuck Norris, that baby would be Jerry Sloan
    YES!!!! Someone knows this meme!

I usually hit open layups

This is from ESPN...so its easily predictable, and somewhat illogical, but I'll post it if anyone is interested (on the possibility of trading Williams this before the deadline)

Typical talk of Lakers, Knicks, Nets, Mavs but also mentions Warriors and Rockets

Sorry if already posted

-------------------

If the Jazz are convinced that Williams wants to bolt, regardless of the changes they make, or if they've grown tired of Williams, they could get proactive and try to trade him before the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

Usually, O'Connor is one of the league's most conservative GMs. But he's also a realist. He doesn't want to be in the same situation that the Cavs and Raptors endured. If the Jazz wait, and Williams remains unhappy, the team might lose most of its leverage in a trade -- just ask the Denver Nuggets as they deal with Carmelo Anthony.

As one of the top three point guards in the league, the 26-year-old Williams would draw plenty of interest. To start with, all the teams mentioned most prominently in the Melo pursuit -- the Knicks, Nets, Mavs, Rockets and Lakers -- would be interested, and most or perhaps all of those teams would have a good shot at signing Williams to a new contract.

In particular, the Knicks, according to sources, have Williams as a top priority, ahead of even Anthony and Chris Paul. New York could offer players such as Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari and Landry Fields, but the Jazz would likely hear better offers.

The Nets could offer Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and multiple first-round picks for Williams, as they did in the Anthony trade discussions. The Lakers could offer Andrew Bynum. The Rockets could offer a combo of Kevin Martin, Aaron Brooks, young players and picks. And though the Mavericks' lack of young assets could hurt their pursuit of Williams, owner Mark Cuban has often found a way to make a deal.

One sleeper would be the Golden State Warriors, who might be willing to offer Stephen Curry, lottery pick Ekpe Udoh and multiple first-round picks to pair Williams and Monta Ellis in the backcourt.

While perhaps none of the offers would be "equal value" per se for Williams, all of them would be better than the alternative of losing him for nothing
    Last edited by Baby_D; 02-11-2011 at 04:45 AM.

D-Will
    CJ Miles

for

Steph Curry
    Radmanovic
    Biedrins
    First rounder

I'd do this in a heartbeat. Works money-wise. I don't know about the Warriors fans, though.