Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Serious playground baller

Default Re: The Fastest Point A to Point B Player in History

Cleveland LeBron.

vince carter in his rookie year was amazing

A few guys off the top of my head that have great open court speed.

LeBron James - If he has a head of steam, he goes from halfcourt to hoop in a blink of an eye.

Leandro Barbosa - He's called the Brazilian Blur for a reason. For a guy who can't dribble, he has some incredible straight line speed.

Russell Westbrook - He doesn't have great lateral speed, but when he's a full sprint he's certainly one of the fastest in the NBA.

And for the person who said PG's are all the 'fastest', I have to disagree. Guys with a little size, and a longer stride, often make better sprinters. In Basketball it also reduced to the number of times guys have to bounce the basketball. A guy like LeBron can literally take 2 dribbles from half court and finish.

Wilt

Why does Jordan have to be argued as the greatest everything? SMH.

Iverson was faster.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

I'd reserve that title for little guys. MJ's the quickest I have seen for players around his size, but he doesn't have the overall quickness of guys like Rose, Parker, Baron Davis, Tim Hardaway, Marbury, Van Exel and so on. It's not really possible at that size.

NBA rookie of the year

Hysterical trolls are hysterical.

I say MJ is the fastest point A to point B player in history in the halfcourt, and you have people posting Lebron James OPEN COURT BREAKAWAY videos. Reading comprehension fail. Lebron James isn't even close to MJ in the halfcourt in terms of covering ground - his acceleration isn't nearly what it would need to be.

Love trolls talking nonsense about losing footraces. Tell you what - you find me a single clip of Kenny Anderson getting anywhere in the halfcourt faster than Jordan and I'll drop this. That statement is just a joke. It also ignores that MJ matured physically a ton throughout college and in his first few seasons in the league. His halfcourt speed was at its peak during the '89-'91 period.

All this nonsense trolling, yet I still have yet to see a single clip of any player going from 25-30+ feet out to a dunk/layup faster than Jordan. Sad. Trolls just aren't what they used to be.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigBalla44's Avatar

Too many morons posting here. First of all, being the fastest is not the same as being the quickest. I personally dont think Rose is faster than LBJ from point A to B. LBJ has a bigger stride, is taller, and probably produces more force in legs. See the Usain Bolt article in Yahoo about how being taller benefits a person's speed.

And second of all, SI reported that MJ ran a 4.3 40-yard dash at UNC. Google it. There are a few articles that refer to it. I dont think Loki is far off in saying MJ was one of the fastest to ever set foot in the NBA.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I'd reserve that title for little guys. MJ's the quickest I have seen for players around his size, but he doesn't have the overall quickness of guys like Rose, Parker, Baron Davis, Tim Hardaway, Marbury, Van Exel and so on. It's not really possible at that size.
    None of those players get from point A to point B in the halfcourt as fast as Jordan. They may accelerate faster, but MJ's combination of acceleration and stride length/size is unmatched, and that's what gives him the edge. Of the guys you listed, only DRose and AI even compare. Marbury had INSANE acceleration, but was too small to match MJ in point A to point B speed. DRose is actually the closest imo, better than even Iverson in terms of covering ground quickly in the halfcourt.

Guys like Van Exel and Baron Davis shouldn't even be mentioned - they're not in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Hysterical trolls are hysterical.

I say MJ is the fastest point A to point B player in history in the halfcourt, and you have people posting Lebron James OPEN COURT BREAKAWAY videos. Reading comprehension fail. Lebron James isn't even close to MJ in the halfcourt in terms of covering ground - his acceleration isn't nearly what it would need to be.

Love trolls talking nonsense about losing footraces. Tell you what - you find me a single clip of Kenny Anderson getting anywhere in the halfcourt faster than Jordan and I'll drop this. That statement is just a joke. It also ignores that MJ matured physically a ton throughout college and in his first few seasons in the league. His halfcourt speed was at its peak during the '89-'91 period.
    All this nonsense trolling, yet I still have yet to see a single clip of any player going from 25-30+ feet out to a dunk/layup faster than Jordan. Sad. Trolls just aren't what they used to be.
    IVERSON.
    Come on son.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    IVERSON.
    Come on son.
    Show me. That's all I ask.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Lebron James isn't even close to MJ in the halfcourt in terms of covering ground
    From standstill, sure. But LeBron has incredible quickness with a live dribble in the half-court, LOKI. Very comparable to MJ. I can post plenty of clips.

Show me. That's all I ask.
    Show me where Jordan's speed was even comparable to AI's. How bout that? This is ridiculous.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigBalla44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Show me where Jordan's speed was even comparable to AI's. How bout that? This is ridiculous.
    If Iverson's 40-yard dash is in 4.2-4.4 range (I dont know his 40 time) and MJ ran a 4.3, then its safe to say Iverson would be a hair faster than MJ at most.

The difference is negligible. Find another argument troll.