Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: 1996 MVP and best player

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Mj was the best player the whole year. David had his opportunities to lead his team to at least the finals in 93 and 95 but got raped by Barkley and Hakeem.
    93 and 95 arent being discussed here, as i dont have robinson as the best player in either of those seasons.

1993-95 was hakeem's league

Garbage. I don't care what any stats say. No one in the world was a better player than Shawn Kemp in 96, including Jordan.

NBA All-star

we should just do away with the DPOY

it's as if no one cares about that award.
    or how is that even calculated?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    93 and 95 arent being discussed here, as i dont have robinson as the best player in either of those seasons.

1993-95 was hakeem's league
    He had similar stats in 95. He still wasn't doing much.

College superstar

He had similar stats in 95. He still wasn't doing much.
    similar stats =/= same impact

forget that hakeem, barkley, drexler and ewing all had down seasons - robinson had to do more for THIS spurs team, as they missed 3 quarters of their bench that year due to injuries. obviously this makes sense because if we look at the "fake" RAPM for 1996, robinson is head and shoulders above everyone else that season.

of course, his PER was still atop of the league along with his defensive rating.

Very good NBA starter

similar stats =/= same impact

forget that hakeem, barkley, drexler and ewing all had down seasons - robinson had to do more for THIS spurs team, as they missed 3 quarters of their bench that year due to injuries. obviously this makes sense because if we look at the "fake" RAPM for 1996, robinson is head and shoulders above everyone else that season.

of course, his PER was still atop of the league and was his defensive rating.
    Same crap in 95 his mvp season. He did the same shit. Go look at his stats and ratings.

College superstar

Same crap in 95 his mvp season. He did the same shit. Go look at his stats and ratings.
    once again, same stats don't account for impact to said season. too many variables, specifically injuries and roster changes.

and once again, i have hakeem as the best player in 1995. yes, he did embarrass robinson, something i pointed out in my 1993 thread when that year and matchup was also brought up.

NBA rookie of the year

Did anyone doubt given the OP's history plus his 1993 best player thread that he wouldn't have Jordan as the best player in any of his "player of the year" threads? It was so obvious.

1996 was EASILY Jordan's year. Had the best numbers (top 2 minimum), superb defense, and put those numbers up on a record-setting team while playing championship level team ball. LOL @ OP's agenda with these threads.

Very good NBA starter

once again, same stats don't account for impact to said season. too many variables, specifically injuries and roster changes.

and once again, i have hakeem as the best player in 1995. yes, he did embarrass robinson, something i pointed out in my 1993 thread when that year and matchup was also brought up.
    Same impact too. He wasn't doing much and especially playoffs time. He choked like always.

I could see the case being made for D-Rob if we're talking about MVP. Best player, not sure. Jordan was Jordan all season, capping his year off with a chip and Finals MVP for good measure.

NBA rookie of the year

Robinson was not even close to Jordan in 1996. I mean, wow. Jordan was on a mission and ended up owning the league. This is not even as close as Lebron/KD was in 2012 - that was a much closer comparison.

EDIT: And I dont care who said what, but the notion that Pippen was close to Jordan in 1996 is even more farcical.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 01-08-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Did anyone doubt given the OP's history plus his 1993 best player thread that he wouldn't have Jordan as the best player in any of his "player of the year" threads? It was so obvious.

1996 was EASILY Jordan's year. Had the best numbers (top 2 minimum), superb defense, and put those numbers up on a record-setting team while playing championship level team ball. LOL @ OP's agenda with these threads.
    I'm not even taking him serious. He a joke at this point.

College superstar

Same impact too. He wasn't doing much and especially playoffs time. He choked like always.
    30/12/4 against the suns before hurting his back versus UTAH AND being limited with foul trouble? and for the last time, his impact was NOT the same as stats show. i'm not interested in bringing up other seasons, so this will be my last post addressing you.

Very good NBA starter

30/12/4 against the suns before hurting his back versus UTAH AND being limited with foul trouble? and for the last time, his impact was NOT the same as stats show. i'm not interested in bringing up other seasons, so this will be my last post addressing you.
    Like I said he choked in the playoffs THAT year.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Robinson was not even close to Jordan in 1996. I mean, wow. Jordan was on a mission and ended up owning the league. This is not even as close as Lebron/KD was in 2012 - that was a much closer comparison.

EDIT: And I dont care who said what, but the notion that Pippen was close to Jordan in 1996 is even more farcical.
    stats suggest robinson and jordan were in fact VERY close. i dont mind that you have jordan "better", but to say it isn't close? delusional.

top 5 in more MAJOR statistical categories, higher PER (has the tiebreaker) along with a slight worse RAPM to jordan (also played in a MUCH TOUGHER, top heavy conference).

the fact THAT jordan himself said pippen could be argued as the better/best player (when healthy) makes everything you just posted non sequitur.