Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Time to trade Dirk?

Agree or disagree?

He is not top 5 anymore and getting worse. I put guys like Bosh, Boozer, Amare and even West and Aldridge (after this season) all ahead of him.

We will never win with him as the leader of the team. Trade him now while he still has enormous trade value IMO. Who do you think we can get?
    Last edited by miles berg; 09-30-2008 at 11:39 PM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Dirk is no longer a top 5 PF in the league?

boozer?

Quote Originally Posted by Big One
    boozer?
    +1

NBA rookie of the year

I put only Garnett clearly ahead of him and possibly Amare. I don't consider Duncan a PF but he is a better player than Dirk.

Dirk is still a top 2 or 3 PF.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    I put only Garnett clearly ahead of him and possibly Amare. I don't consider Duncan a PF but he is a better player than Dirk.

Dirk is still a top 2 or 3 PF.
    OK but even so, even if you think he's still top 3 (he's not IMO) do you see the Mavs winning with him as the leader? Do you see any team winning it all with him as the "man"? I dont. He's just not a winner, he doesnt have it in him. I think it's time to trade him while he sitll has "superstar" value.

Wow, someone hacked into my account.

Congratulations to whoever figured it out. It was either TMOGE or my friend Casey.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    OK but even so, even if you think he's still top 3 (he's not IMO) do you see the Mavs winning with him as the leader? Do you see any team winning it all with him as the "man"? I dont. He's just not a winner, he doesnt have it in him. I think it's time to trade him while he sitll has "superstar" value.
    He took the Mavs to the Finals in the West just 2 years ago. I can't think of that many players who have proven they can lead a team farther.

Tim Duncan, Shaq, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Garnett and the entire Pistons starting 5 from '04 are the only players who led their team farther than Dirk as the best player on their team in the post Jordan era.

Kobe took his team as far last year and is a better leader than Dirk IMO but he technically hasn't taken the Lakers farther.

Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: Time to trade Dirk?

Agree or disagree?

He is not top 5 anymore and getting worse. I put guys like Bosh, Boozer, Amare and even West and Aldridge (after this season) all ahead of him.

We will never win with him as the leader of the team. Trade him now while he still has enormous trade value IMO. Who do you think we can get?

come on now, that's crazy talk.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Wow, someone hacked into my account.

Congratulations to whoever figured it out. It was either TMOGE or my friend Casey.

I was wondering about these posts...

Even so, all this "not being a winner" stuff is stupid. The guy carried his team to the finals once already. That's better than MANY current All-Star players have done/will do. Dirk isn't one of those "greatest of all-time" superstar types that can carry a team alone but of course the Mavs can with with him being the best player. Trading Devin Harris was a move in the wrong direction though.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Dirk NEVER disppointed in any regular season.
    He had 1 and a half bad playoff series.

Why is he getting worse?

I dont think Dallas should trade Dirk. He puts up good numbers and always comes to play. Dallas' lack of success should be blamed on their management. They traded away Devin Harris for Kidd. Like c'mon, what were they thinking. Kidd was good like 3 or 4 years ago. Hes old and is on the downfall of his career. Dont get me wrong, Kidd is still a good baller, but at this stage in his career, Harrish was probably a better option for Dallas.

Any team would love to have Dirk. Dallas is about $37 million over the cap. Trading Dirk could happen, who knows. When Cuban waived Finely, he said he merely did it for some future cap releif, so trading Dirk could also be an option for him.

Though this would NOT happen I would love Dirk in Indy. He would fit JOBs system perfectly. He can shoot the 3 and he has some post moves. But Dallas probably wouldnt want anyone we have, unless theyre so desperate for cap releif and we give them our expirers (but that would then again, ruin our cap releif that Bird has worked on)

Ford
    Dunleavy
    Granger
    Muprhy
    Dirk

WOW

But thats not happening

If Dallas want straight cap relief: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~6~6&te=&cash=
    Last edited by PacerRaptor; 10-01-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Trade em to us! We'll take em! He'll I'll sign and trade BG in a package also. MAKE IT HAPPEN PAX!!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...&te=&cash=29:4

Rose
    Deng
    Nocioni
    Nowitzki
    Dampier

Bench:

Brown
    Grey
    Nichols
    Powell
    Sefolosha
    Walker
    Simmons
    F/A
    F/A

Dallas cleans house and starts anew with Hinrich and the option to re-sign Gooden, Thomas & Noah or have cap room. Memphis gets MADD cap room for 2010. Bulls get a proven scorer in Dirk, walker off the bench in his hometown. Dampier blocking shots, getting boards and Rose running the parade!
    Last edited by coles_brandon; 10-01-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Agree or disagree?

boozer? West? Aldridge?

Amare hasn't had a chance to prove himself on his own team either.

If Dirk isn't top five anymore, that's simply because guys like Chris Paul emerged.
    Last edited by EricForman; 10-01-2008 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coles_brandon
    Trade em to us! We'll take em! He'll I'll sign and trade BG in a package also. MAKE IT HAPPEN PAX!!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...&te=&cash=29:4

Rose
    Deng
    Nocioni
    Nowitzki
    Dampier

Bench:

Brown
    Grey
    Nichols
    Powell
    Sefolosha
    Walker
    Simmons
    F/A
    F/A

Dallas cleans house and starts anew with Hinrich and the option to re-sign Gooden, Thomas & Noah or have cap room. Memphis gets MADD cap room for 2010. Bulls get a proven scorer in Dirk, walker off the bench in his hometown. Dampier blocking shots, getting boards and Rose running the parade!
    What will Dallas do with Hinrich, Gordon, JET and Kidd?

Local High School Star TakitoEspanoza's Avatar

Is this really you Miles? Are you saying this because hes "eager" to test free agency?

I think you keep Dirk until his legs fall off... the Mavs are been around for 28 years and hes the only franchise player they have ever had... why would you wanna get rid of him man.