Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?

Quote Originally Posted by TheeBeast
    In what world could you think our current players, such as a top 5 player (Kobe Bryant) would change their roles to a past team's starting 5 inferior to theirs, never won more than two games in the 3 Western Conference Finals they went to (in 7 years) and Don't even have the same kind of Steve Nash any more?
    in mike dantoni's world.

Default Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?

Kobe isn't winning any more championships.

In what world could you think our current players, such as a top 5 player (Kobe Bryant) would change their roles to a past team's starting 5 inferior to theirs, never won more than two games in the 3 Western Conference Finals they went to (in 7 years) and Don't even have the same kind of Steve Nash any more?
    First of all, this is an entirely new situation where Nash has all the pieces around him to win the title. He went close a few times with the suns with inferior talent to this current team, so to say that Nash's/Dantoni's way doesn't work is foolish.

Second of all, Nash for most of his career hasnt had near the talent Kobe has had around him, so your really comparing oranges to apples.

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    First of all, this is an entirely new situation where Nash has all the pieces around him to win the title. He went close a few times with the suns with inferior talent to this current team, so to say that Nash's/Dantoni's way doesn't work is foolish.

Second of all, Nash for most of his career hasnt had near the talent Kobe has had around him, so your really comparing oranges to apples.
    I think one thing people aren't considering is that the Nash and Kobe styles could co-exist, and I have faith it will. It would make them that much more deadly and something the league has never seen before.

I don't think bad of Steve, I just feel this is still a team led by Kobe. They both have almost equal work ethic and its something real special to have two of the greatest leaders of all time in our back court. If only they could both thrive off each other, which is why I feel the Lakers FO hired D'antoni over PJ. Nash just simply won't thrive in the triangle.

Kobe isn't taking a back seat though. This team could have the PHX record and at the same time the Kobe- led playoffs record
    Last edited by TheeBeast; 11-12-2012 at 08:28 PM.

I think one thing people aren't considering is that the Nash and Kobe styles could co-exist, and I have faith it will. It would make them that much more deadly and something the league has never seen before.

I don't think bad of Steve, I just feel this is still a team led by Kobe. They both have almost equal work ethic and its something real special to have two of the greatest leaders of all time in our back court. If only they could both thrive off each other, which is why I feel the Lakers FO hired D'antoni over PJ. Nash just simply won't thrive in the triangle.

Kobe isn't taking a back seat though. This team could have the PHX record and at the same time the Kobe- led playoffs record
    Dude, your sounding like a Kobe stan. Why won't you just accept that Kobe isn't needed like he has been for the last decade? Times change, personnel change, systems change. They have to co-exist, but that can only be done by Nash dominating the ball, that's what your failing to understand. Kobe also won't be the focus on offense, Howard and Gasol will be, with the kickouts and jumpers going to the shooters, which will be the likes of Meeks, Jamison, Blake and Kobe. Get used to it.

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

Dude, your sounding like a Kobe stan. Why won't you just accept that Kobe isn't needed like he has been for the last decade? Times change, personnel change, systems change. They have to co-exist, but that can only be done by Nash dominating the ball, that's what your failing to understand. Kobe also won't be the focus on offense, Howard and Gasol will be, with the kickouts and jumpers going to the shooters, which will be the likes of Meeks, Jamison, Blake and Kobe. Get used to it.
    I could agree with this. I'll admit, any time Kobe isn't being the most ball dominant is probably a game that they're winning. Kobe plays off the ball better than any player in the league. And he still puts in the same energy as if he has the ball

This combination could be lethal

I wonder when they will start trading people. This team won't look the same after the trading deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    The real question is, why do you constantly post in Laker related topics just to troll?

Answer: ATTENTION WHORE.
    Probably because I've been a lakers fan since I was 13 in 1996

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I wonder when they will start trading people. This team won't look the same after the trading deadline.
    Im guessing D'Antoni will be asking for more shooters? And obviously any improvement to the bench will be of focus. Id say they will be looking for some youth and athleticism to go along with good shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Probably because I've been a lakers fan since I was 13 in 1996
    So you're a 29 year old dumbass now?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    So you're a 29 year old dumbass now?
    Sure. Why not.

Im guessing D'Antoni will be asking for more shooters? And obviously any improvement to the bench will be of focus. Id say they will be looking for some youth and athleticism to go along with good shooting.
    I'm sure mike brown would have liked that too....

It depends on how he plays. If he wins the FMVP's then it changes a lot, if not then it doesn't change much at all.

NBA lottery pick

First of all, Kobe is not getting traded.

To cut it short, he is the franchise player, and brings in a ton of revenue and has the authority to do or ask for almost anything he pleases.

Kobe has to take a backseat. That's how i see it.
    One of the greatest players of all time taking a backseat lol this makes no sense

3-time NBA All-Star

Considering Dwight's clearly and by far their best defender, with no coached defensive system, he will basically be their defensive system. If anything, it will be his legacy that gets the biggest boost because of that.