Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2017, 07:23 PM   #16
ZenMaster
Whap'em

Default Re: Tesla unveils electric freight trucks.

Change is coming, in 20 years the world will need about 5x the energy that's currently produced. Personally I'm looking into developing solar farms, if you're interested in Energy it's a great business to get into these years.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:31 PM   #17
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Change is coming, in 20 years the world will need about 5x the energy that's currently produced. Personally I'm looking into developing solar farms, if you're interested in Energy it's a great business to get into these years.

you have the right idea. I believe even if you just purchase land, energy companys would pay you to build a solar farm on it and give you a cut of the money generated.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:19 PM   #18
ZenMaster
Whap'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
you have the right idea. I believe even if you just purchase land, energy companys would pay you to build a solar farm on it and give you a cut of the money generated.

I got into the energy sphere a little more than a month ago while researching cryptocurrency investment opportunities, future outlook really does look amazing and I've been reading and writing as much as I can outside of work since then.
Started on a business plan for a renewable energy company focusing mainly on solar farms and I'll be doing the leg work soon to get the numbers I need to see if it's economically viable where I'm located. Basically it works in the way that you sell the produced power to the electric company, and in a not too distant future perhaps directly to people your neighborhood instead. So it becomes a question whether you can produce it cheaply enough or not. I love the idea of buying land to do it, but the vision of the company is that it's a full time thing for multiple people, so leasing land and spaces might be better in the start opposed to buying which might be a very long term investment.

Looking forward to getting some numbers though so I won't just be talking theory, both from the local energy company, 3rd party contractors and the government. There's this huge public car park and small bus terminal close by, I want to build a roof on it with panels before someone else does :)
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:30 AM   #19
Im Still Ballin
Han Solo dies.

Elon Musk TOTALLY thinks he's the real life version of Tony Stark
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #20
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
Elon Musk TOTALLY thinks he's the real life version of Tony Stark

and you totally think you are the real life version of beavis.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #21
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hick
Lots of factors but typically 1000-1500. It used to be more but the new environmentally friendly motors get worse gas mileage. Also this will be extremely inconvenient for consumers and greedy corporate freight companies. With all the 2 day shipping many companies insist on 2 drivers per truck so the truck is always moving. They don't want down time and I'm guessing it would take several hours to charge up these huge batteries. So 500 miles will be almost useless for anything but local deliveries, or regional shipments that are not time sensitive.
if those trucks are coming out for real, they must be working on some time of pitstops where to change the batteries.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: