Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which non-playoff team would be the best with Gregg Popovich coaching?

No playoff teams.

The Kings (Cousins, Rudy Gay, Thomas, McLemore, DWill), Pelicans (Davis, Gordon, Tyreke, Ryno), and obviously the Timberwolves (Love, Pekovic, Rubio, Martin, etc.) are all teams that immediately come to mind.

My personal pick is the Pistons. Could you imagine how sick a Monroe-Drummond front court could be with Pop coaching them? I'd imagine he'd also find a way to manage minutes and rotations so that JSmoove isn't ****ing up spacing and offensive chemistry with that duo. And Jennings could be a really special player with a coach that would keep him on a tight leash, help him make smarter decisions, and push him to become an overall more intelligent and complete basketball player.

Which non-playoff team would be the best with Pop as coach? Also, assume all players are healthy.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 03-12-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Default Re: Which non-playoff team would be the best with Gregg Popovich coaching?

Sac

Default Re: Which non-playoff team would be the best with Gregg Popovich coaching?

Pop would lose his shit with Cousins' immaturity.

I'll say Sac also, that team is a defensive philosophy away from being a very good playoff team.

Decent playground baller Black Mamba's B's Avatar

Sac, Min or Cleveland

Timberwolves

Quote Originally Posted by toooo
    Pop would lose his shit with Cousins' immaturity.
    True. I don't know why some people are saying Sacramento

I forgot to add that in this scenario, all players on all these teams are healthy.

I like the Kings too, but would they be better than, say, the Pelicans? I think Davis, Ryno, Tyreke, and Gordon would be incredible under Pop. Cousins would be a monster, but I think the combination of Davis-Tyreke-Anderson is just a bit better.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Kings. Cousins and Duncan actually have some similarities, and Pop could take the defense to another level

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I forgot to add that in this scenario, all players on all these teams are healthy.

I like the Kings too, but would they be better than, say, the Pelicans? I think Davis, Ryno, Tyreke, and Gordon would be incredible under Pop.
    Lettuce be real, any team would be great under Pop Pelicans have incredible upside also, I just thought they'd be able to get the 8th seed when the year began. They loaded their perimeter ffs

Decent playground baller Black Mamba's B's Avatar

Lakers would make the playoffs with a healthy roster and with coach Pop at the helm to instead of Mr Pringles

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Kings. Cousins and Duncan actually have some similarities, and Pop could take the defense to another level
    Not just Boogie, the entire team. That roster would massacre if they had elite defense

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Lettuce be real, any team would be great under Pop Pelicans have incredible upside also, I just thought they'd be able to get the 8th seed when the year began. They loaded their perimeter ffs
    I totally forgot they had Holiday as well..

Holy shit is that team stacked with young talent.

Minnesota was the first one that came to mind for me. I'm sure he would be able to get the most out of this team which appears to have a bunch of good assets. Suns would be another good one, even though they're a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I totally forgot they had Holiday as well..

Holy shit is that team stacked with young talent.
    All on the perimeter though, and they all need the ball in their hands(Holiday, Evans, Gordon). Otherwise, they'd be close to Phoenix's record tbh