Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose the best player in the League...

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Basically, except Westbrook is a better defender and rebounder.
    Lol....RW can't even guard Rose. Rose can guard RW. Case closed.

If Rose teamed up with Durant it would be curtains for the league.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Rose and Westbrook are the same player. People need to start realizing that.
    Except Rose is a better PG. As scorers, I would say very comparable. Both like to work that midrange pull up, are excellent slashers and shot jack threes more than they should. But it's easy to see which of the two understands the elements of their position better. Defensively though, I'd give Westbrook the nod. Westbrook is probably one of the best rebounding guards as well. Dude just jumps absurdly high.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Saying that he can't hit clutch free throws is wrong. He has done that. It is a fact that he has done that. So when I correct you because you obviously haven't watched him enough to gauge this [you remember the Memphis game like a casual fan] don't get all butt hurt.
    ok

While both players are somewhat similar, Rose is better because he has a better feel for the game. Don't get me wrong, he's no Jason Kidd or Chris Paul, but he's got this raw instinct on how to react and adapt to situations that Westbrook lacks. Westbrook is all about willpower, he thinks "I'm going to do this to you" then does it because he's more athletic and fearless than anyone else, but if things don't go his way he'll only reluctantly adjust.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

bumping this on game day

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Except Rose is a better PG. As scorers, I would say very comparable. Both like to work that midrange pull up, are excellent slashers and shot jack threes more than they should. But it's easy to see which of the two understands the elements of their position better. Defensively though, I'd give Westbrook the nod. Westbrook is probably one of the best rebounding guards as well. Dude just jumps absurdly high.

Yeah but RW can't guard Rose. I've never seen the coach [VDN or Thibs] switch Rose off of other team's star PG because he was getting cooked.

Also, Rose has been a proven #1 scorer on a team without a #2 scorer. No team is going to double RW all game with KD in the team. Until RW has to be the #1 guy for a full season I cannot say he is as good a scorer as Rose.

I don't doubt he could do it, but I also feel like his lack of feel for the game as you say would render him quite ineffective.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    bumping this on game day
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Yeah but RW can't guard Rose. I've never seen the coach [VDN or Thibs] switch Rose off of other team's star PG because he was getting cooked.

Also, Rose has been a proven #1 scorer on a team without a #2 scorer. No team is going to double RW all game with KD in the team. Until RW has to be the #1 guy for a full season I cannot say he is as good a scorer as Rose.

I don't doubt he could do it, but I also feel like his lack of feel for the game as you say would render him quite ineffective.
    Some of the worst analysis I've seen, and funnily enough, its a Bulls fan providing it.

Westbrook is a better defender. Always has been up to this point, and most likely, always will be. Its not arguable. RW can't guard Rose? Same goes the other way. Big revelation.

No one is going to double Westbrook because he has Durant on the team? Watch a Thunder game. Its Westbrook getting doubled and trapped, not the other way around. Westbrook is the one that drives and dishes. Why would a coach force his best shooter in the thick of the action? Oh wait, he doesn't. Hence why you see Durant receive so many passes, and shoot, at times wide open 3 pointers as the defense sinks in on Westbrook.

Awful post from you, as usual. I think everyone is thankful you post less in the NBA forum these days.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Hey, I'm a die hard bulls fan but I believe lebron is the best player and it's not even close right now. I just hate the fact that he had to join wade and bosh and I really think he could of won a chip with the Cavs. Lebron has all the talent in the world but he does have 2 superstars with him.

But Rose did turn the Bulls franchise around. He brought us to the playoffs against a beastly celtics team win VDN as our couch and we been to the playoffs ever since

Quote Originally Posted by CHi1PriDe
    Hey, I'm a die hard bulls fan but I believe lebron is the best player and it's not even close right now. I just hate the fact that he had to join wade and bosh and I really think he could of won a chip with the Cavs. Lebron has all the talent in the world but he does have 2 superstars with him.

But Rose did turn the Bulls franchise around. He brought us to the playoffs against a beastly celtics team win VDN as our couch and we been to the playoffs ever since
    Bosh is NOT a superstar. A superstar scores more than 0 in a Game 7 of the freaking Finals.

u can't watch Wade and Bosh today and say they are still some superstars.

LeBron would have a easier trip to each of his Finals if he were to play for the Bulls so why joining older Wade and Bosh is a crime?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Rose fans really need to check their bias if they actually think Rose is on a different level than Westbrook as a player.

Durant and Rose would have faired no better to date than Westbrook and Durant.

Oh...and Westbrook is the better defender.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Bosh is NOT a superstar. A superstar scores more than 0 in a Game 7 of the freaking Finals.
    Bosh before joining the heat, he was a 24/11player which is pretty beastly and Probably the 2nd best PF next to dirk and wade was probably the 2nd best sg next to kobe.

Majority of the chicago fans wanted bosh to come to the chi. if not, stat was the 2nd choice but we ended up with boozer which ended up being better

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Rose fans really need to check their bias if they actually think Rose is on a different level than Westbrook as a player.

Durant and Rose would have faired no better to date than Westbrook and Durant.

Oh...and Westbrook is the better defender.
    Rose's defensive ratings > westbrook

Bosh before joining the heat, he was a 24/11player which is pretty beastly and Probably the 2nd best PF next to dirk and wade was probably the 2nd best sg next to kobe.

Majority of the chicago fans wanted bosh to come to the chi. if not, stat was the 2nd choice but we ended up with boozer which ended up being better
    Bosh made 1 All NBA team prior to joining the Heat. Its still at 1.

Hes not as good as cracked up to be. Hes a good player, just not a superstar.