Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-30-2014, 11:39 PM   #31
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Stan Van Gundy still hoping to keep Greg Monroe

I think they can get away without a great PG. Dirk,Parsons and Elliss are going to have the ball so much of the time. I don't love the fit of the particular PGs they have though. Otherwise I really like the way that team is constructed though. They'll probably miss Carter in that 6th man role though. Parsons to Marion is a huge upgrade and Chandler is a decent one as well. They could win anywhere from 45-55 wins IMO.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #32
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

^ Jefferson can somewhat cover the Carter hole, vetran outside shooter - just doesn't have the ball handling VC had...

Ellis and Parsons will combine for about 11 or 12 assists each game together, two of the better passing players at their respective positions...

Felton and Harris... Pressure is on, if one of those dudes can be serviceable then it is a scary deep team... But if they both flop (huge chance they could) then they might have to push Ellis as PG quite a bit...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #33
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It may really be true that Monroe doesn't want to play with Smith on the roster:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

It sounds like the team did look at sign & trades for him but there haven't been good enough offers. I just wish we could trade Smith!!
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #34
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
^ Jefferson can somewhat cover the Carter hole, vetran outside shooter - just doesn't have the ball handling VC had...

Ellis and Parsons will combine for about 11 or 12 assists each game together, two of the better passing players at their respective positions...

Felton and Harris... Pressure is on, if one of those dudes can be serviceable then it is a scary deep team... But if they both flop (huge chance they could) then they might have to push Ellis as PG quite a bit...

There's a very large gap between Carter and Jefferson. Carter was a 6th man of the year contender(and arguably should have won based on analytics) while Jefferson probably doesn't crack the rotation.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #35
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

^^ I totally agree with you, but i'm coming from the angle that with the addition of Parsons - that role VC played last year will not need to be as ample, therefore Jefferson should be able to cover that reduced role to an extent...

But I am with you - VC is sneaky valuable in his twilight years, still think he has 3 or 4 years left in the tank of doing what he did last season...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: