Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Yi to demand a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    You injected yourself into a conversation when nothing had been said to you. Go back and read what was said and then come to the logical conclusion: I wasn't talking to you when I originally said it. If you need context, find it yourself. I'm not going to hold your hand and explain everything for you.
    Last I checked this was a public forum, moron. If you wanted to respond to someone directly look up something called a PM.

I didn't attack your team: I provided something called "perspective". If this happened to your team, you might not be so nonchalant about the entire thing.

Brilliant point. How could I overlook the fact that LeBron signed with your team therefore you're happy? Hm, maybe it's because if things had turned out differently you might not be singing the same tune.
    You didn't provide any "perspective" because you don't have an argument. You can't go back 3 years and try to play what if. Not to mention your argument has no basis anyways. Lebron was born and raised in Akron and wanted to play for the Cavs since he was little. How the hell does that even compare?

You basically are losing this argument, so you attacked my team. Period. Perspective my ass. As if coming after the Cavaliers changes the argument.

When have I ever said that anyone besides Yi was not happy to be drafted by the team that chose them? Please point out the number of times in this thread that I said "MOST players are" NOT "happy to play for the team they are drafted for" in this particular draft.

Frankly, I've seen you say something for the 4th time that I never disagreed with. It's getting a little bothersome.
    Uhm. How about when you said, "What if Lebron had held out?"

I agree, it's stupid to think that free agents could sign wherever they wanted.
    Nobody is talking about free agents. You sir, are an idiot.

Because I've known people that have lived in China and I'm very familiar with China's human rights records. Can you imagine living in America and not being able to research "slavery" on Google? That's China.
    OH, ok. You know people. Gotcha. That makes it different then. Reppy knows people who don't like China, so China is bad!

They have a choice to enter the draft. If you are drafted, you are an employee of the NBA.
    NO HE IS NOT. ARE YOU RETARDED? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? He is not an employee of the NBA if that were the case, they would sign contracts first, and then have the draft second!

I'm not going to argue this point any further. Everything that could be said has been said. You are free to respond to me, but I won't read it. If a new thread comes around, I'll be there.
    Either way I win, I guess. You never had a leg to stand on. But somehow I think you'll read this.

Mathius

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

Default Most of you are ignorant when it comes to Yi/Bucks, So I'll Help Clarify

Read carefully, as I'm helping to educate the masses in this one post. This concerns Yi's situation with the Bucks obviously.

1) Yi never said he did not want to play here.

The Manevolent Dan Fegan doesn;t want him to play for the Bucks. Why? Because he stands to make 20% of Yi's earnings from outside endorsements. It is of course assumed that being in Milwaukee would hurt his marketability. He is taking advantage of Yi's limited knowledge of NBA processes, and using it to his own advantage.

From Del Harris, who was on Milwaukee radio the other day and has coached Yi on the Chinese National Team over the past couple of years:

Quote Originally Posted by Del Harris
    Yi is a good kid and is not behind the jostling to play in a bigger market.
    From Yi himself in an interview with the Chinese media (in response to a question asking why Yi looked uneasy/unhappy when the Bucks selected him:

Quote Originally Posted by Yi Jianlian
    No, it's not that I was unhappy, it's just I was very nervous at that moment. Plus I was a bit surprised too! Actually it's doesn't matter which team pickes me, my only dream is just to play in the NBA. (For being able to realize this deram) I'd like to thank CBA, they allowed me two months extra time to prepare for the draft ...
    For the entire interview, go here: http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2007-06-...43008548.shtml

OR

Asked if he would ever wear a Bucks uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by Yi Jianlian
    "I think so. It's a surprise to me. ... I'm not really familiar with the city as well, but I'm happy to be playing with the team and happy to play in the NBA."
    http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/jun...chinas-yi-jia/

Conclusion? The kid is being controlled and used by Dan Fegan. He wants as much money as possible.

2) The Bucks have seen Yi play plenty of times and know a lot about him, despite what the idiotic Stephen A Smith reported.

From GM of the Bucks, Larry Harris:

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Harris
    We felt comfortable from our standpoint, we did not need to go out there to confirm or deny our own feelings about Yi as a player. We spent a week in Qatar to see him play. ... We saw him in Japan for the World Championships. We saw him in the Olympics two years ago. We've been to China. We've estimated we've seen him over 20 times in the last four years. Rest assured, we know him.
    http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/jun...chinas-yi-jia/

So, uh, yeah...stfu SAS, you uninformed piece of sh!t.

3) The Bucks have the upper hand in this situation

The ONLY way Dan Fegan could persuade Yi to get away from the Bucks would be to have him sit out of any and all organized basketball (except for playing for the National team) for an entire year. In theory, Fegan would probably stand to lose even more money if Yi decided to do that. And from all accounts, Yi wants to play in the NBA next year.

Bottom Line: Larry Harris sent out a message that the city of Milwaukee will NOT be *****ed around by greedy agents. Yi entered his name into the NBA draft, not the "Teams with big markets" draft. Deal with it. The Bucks have absolutely no plans on trading him according to Larry Harris, unless a team wants to completely knock our socks off. I defend his decision and appreciate the stand he's taking for the Bucks.

I will eat my words if Yi comes out and says he doesn't want to play here, but he hasn't. Not once.
    Last edited by Spike Spiegel; 07-01-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Most of you are ignorant when it comes to Yi/Bucks, So I'll Help Clarify

what's with all the Yi topics beings tarted? He's not that interesting nor is he one of the top 3 or 4 stories of this year's draft....

Default Re: Most of you are ignorant when it comes to Yi/Bucks, So I'll Help Clarify

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    what's with all the Yi topics beings tarted? He's not that interesting nor is he one of the top 3 or 4 stories of this year's draft....
    Controversy. Was Benoit the world's best wrestler? Is Paris Hilton the world's greatest socialite? Was Anna Nicole the world's hottest woman? Naw.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    To me at least, in the overall scheme of things, this has less to do with Yi and more to do with agents trying to control where a player goes for their own benefits. It's the NBA for God's sake. That type of practice absolutely KILLS the concept of the draft.

And I don't see many Yi topics at all beides the one littered with BS on the second page...so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Let me say a few words. Yi will not play for the Bucks! Book it!

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04
    Let me say a few words. Yi will not play for the Bucks! Book it!
    Based on...what exactly?

Move along.

I've edited the original post to include something that was just made public...the Guangdong Tigers apparently only get 20% of the money Yi makes within China, and therefore don't care where he plays in the NBA. They have said Yi will certainly not be holding out of the NBA to come back and play in the CBA.

The first part was taken from the Chinese media, the second part was taken from here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19534023/

Saw a basketball once

Default I Hope The Bucks Keep Yi!!!

and let him sit on the bench the whole next season, just for being such a**!!!

Default Re: I Hope The Bucks Keep Yi!!!

That will help their franchise...huh.

Me too. I'd rather see him rot on the bench than play for another team.

Yi will play for the Bucks and turn this $hitty franchise into an eastern conference contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Yi will play for the Bucks and turn this $hitty franchise into an eastern conference contender.
    I doubt he gets much playing time, specially this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I doubt he gets much playing time, specially this year.

If you are a lottery pick you will at least get 25-30 minutes the guy is only 19 yrs.old and a better athlete than most player in the Bucks lineup.

If you are a lottery pick you will at least get 25-30 minutes the guy is only 19 yrs.old and a better athlete than most player in the Bucks lineup.
    The bucks aren't the typical lottery team, they just had a lot of injuries last year. That means less playing time for Yi, specially considering they already got a nice frontcourt.
    Besides, is Yi ready to play in the NBA? He looks like he needs to be locked in the gym for a long time...

And being a lottery pick doesn't always mean more playing time, ask Darko...

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Only lottery picks to get the amount of minutes you said last year were Rudy Gay, Bargnani, Adam Morrison, and Brandon Roy. That's 4 out of 14 lottery picks. You're way off.