Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I am disgusted to be a Nets fan

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Still can't believe Watson missed that WIDE OPEN dunk.
    Oh come on, the series aint decided by one single dunk, nor did the Nets lose the series because of game 4 loss. Anyway Joe Johnson probably should be playing backup next year, hes aint the same man he used to be.

Get one of these to calm yourself man...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

The Nets are so ****ed for years now. Wow...that one has to hurt. Can't even beat a depleted Bulls team without Rose, Deng, Hinrich...and half the team sick/hurt.

ROFL...thank you Deron for not coming to Dallas. Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    The Nets are so ****ed for years now. Wow...that one has to hurt. Can't even beat a depleted Bulls team without Rose, Deng, Hinrich...and half the team sick/hurt.

This from a team that missed playoffs with a washed up ex-superstar PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    This from a team that missed playoffs with a washed up ex-superstar PF.
    What does the Mavs or Dirk have to do with the Nets situation?

You don't think the Nets are ****ed? They can't even beat the depleted Bulls...and they are locked into terrible contracts for years to come.

Oh, and that PF would easily be the best player on the Nets. You find out how good players are in the playoffs. Nets don't have the guys you want. Clear as day...

NBA lottery pick

I agree.

As far as Mavs future versus Nets future. I'll take the Mavs future anyday over that mess in New Jersey.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I told you JJ was gonna shit the bed.

-Smak
    I think I remember you saying it exactly after jj had been banging game winners against scrub teams like the wiz and pistons.lol

He has zero heart.. His laid back persona and 'smooth' style just make him the biggest pvssy ever. He'll never bury anyone.. No killer instinct.

Ever since Kidd left this team their leadership/accountabiltiy/heart/hustle have been zero. It's why I'm more of an nba fan now who just enjoys all the matchups going on instead of being diehard one team

What does the Mavs or Dirk have to do with the Nets situation?

You don't think the Nets are ****ed? They can't even beat the depleted Bulls...and they are locked into terrible contracts for years to come.

Oh, and that PF would easily be the best player on the Nets. You find out how good players are in the playoffs. Nets don't have the guys you want. Clear as day...
    Well lets not forget this is the first year this team was put together, and midway into the season we underwent a coaching change that partially saved the season. I mean, seriously this team aint gonna make playoffs if Avery Johnson was still the head coach.

Again people are not giving the Bulls enough credits, they are way tougher to beat than the Hawks, Celtics and Bucks. The Nets have to blame themselves for not getting a better position in the playoffs, but sure I wont deny that they havent shown enough resolution to win in a series.

Also before 2011 Dirk was considered on of the biggest chokers in playoffs, you wonder how things change so quickly just in a year or two. Never count out any teams and players until its all finished for good.

Well lets not forget this is the first year this team was put together, and midway into the season we underwent a coaching change that partially saved the season. I mean, seriously this team aint gonna make playoffs if Avery Johnson was still the head coach.

Again people are not giving the Bulls enough credits, they are way tougher to beat than the Hawks, Celtics and Bucks. The Nets have to blame themselves for not getting a better position in the playoffs, but sure I wont deny that they havent shown enough resolution to win in a series.

Also before 2011 Dirk was considered on of the biggest chokers in playoffs, you wonder how things change so quickly just in a year or two. Never count out any teams and players until its all finished for good.
    I give a ton of credit to the Bulls, but the Nets are screwed because they are going to have to contend with teams much better than the Bulls if they want to ever get past the 2nd round.

Dirk may have been considered a choker, but he was actually one of the best playoff performers of all time. That is the difference mate. Perception can change really fast...but reality is just that...reality.

And reality is that JJ is an absolutely awful playoff performer and there is no evidence he's going to get better. It's a mess of a team that has 90 million on the books for next year and is committed to Deron/JJ/Lopez/Wallace through the 2016 season...and that is roughly 70 million a year in salaries between them alone.

Of course anything can happen, but it has to call into question how good certain players on the Nets actually are if what you way is true. That the Nets weren't even really favored with homecourt against a depleted Bulls team.

If that is truly a 50/50 series...how the **** are the Nets going to contend in the future?

NBA lottery pick

I think it's safe to say the Nets future looks bleak. Raptors have a brighter future.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

I understand your frustration. I had no dog in that race but I was even getting frustrated watching them. Game 7? At home? And that's the effort, heart, and energy they give?

I think the biggest issue going forward is motivation. Who is going step up as a leader on this squad and inspire improvement?

I mean, I don't see these guys getting together over the summer to improve their game and chemistry. The core is a few overpaid vets, who will just show up next season and go through the motions.

They also need a legit coach. Preferably one who emphasizes defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    inb4
    I am i the only one who gets this? This was gold!

Well it could've been worse if Avery Johnson is still the coach, we could've seriously missed the playoffs. Anyway this is the first season this team is put together, and we have yet to find the appropriate coach. Lets give it another 2-3 years, if things dont work out those long term contracts will be near expiration anyway.
    I think the Nets need some better bench players because I think their starters are fine. But without good bench players they just suck.