Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Chris Paul is overrated.

CP3 is the guy who gets most excuses in the league. His team was the higher seed in this series, and he failed to deliver.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Good Job - Good effort - but attempts to criticize Chris Paul don't stick.

National High School Star

Blake Griffin: 13ppg/5rpg/45 FG%

Jamal Crawford: 10ppg/38 FG%

DeAndre Jordan: 3ppg/6pg/45 FG%

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Yes he is....you can't expect to build an offense around a pick n roll player and win against a smart defensive team that knows how to contain it. I will say it again... chris paul scores flow of the game points. Nothing emphatic or in bunches. Wide open jumpers/layups off of picks etc. He doesn't demoralize a defense within how he scores. Cp3 scores very quietly. Once the grizz figured out that PnR the clips were dead in the water, that is always a danger when your offense is PnR or bust. He is overrated has been for a while now. He can't be a teams best player and that team do very much. Deron Williams has had better playoff success than Paul and alot of it has to do with the fact that deron williams is much better halfcourt PG than paul he can run sets and create passing lanes without the PnR. Deron has always been better and is still better.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg
    People talk like this is Tennis or Golf. Basketball is a team game, I don't care how good you are, at some point your teammates are going to have to have an input. CP3 was a one man band these playoffs except for game 3. Its guys like Griffin, Billups, Odom, Butler and Barnes that need to take a good look at themselves.
    It's funny how guys like Matt Barnes, and, Corey brewer, the first two to come to mind, will be regular season heros hitting all their shots, playing great D and hustling.. And then once the playoffs come they without fail always SUCK. lol I remember Barnes 180 last year.. His shot went right to the gutter once teams started daring him to shoot it in the playoffs..

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Yes he is....you can't expect to build an offense around a pick n roll player and win against a smart defensive team that knows how to contain it. I will say it again... chris paul scores flow of the game points. Nothing emphatic or in bunches. Wide open jumpers/layups off of picks etc. He doesn't demoralize a defense within how he scores. Cp3 scores very quietly. Once the grizz figured out that PnR the clips were dead in the water, that is always a danger when your offense is PnR or bust. He is overrated has been for a while now. He can't be a teams best player and that team do very much. Deron Williams has had better playoff success than Paul and alot of it has to do with the fact that deron williams is much better halfcourt PG than paul he can run sets and create passing lanes without the PnR. Deron has always been better and is still better.
    Nothing in this post is true haha

CP3 can score/create very deliberately.. He kills teams all the time in high pressure back and forth possession situations.

Local High School Star

remember when people said they contenders and will likely take out miami?

Hm, clearly not. CP3 is clearly the best PG by a decent margin (including healthy Rose, Rondo, Westbrook, though since they're young Rose or WB could surpass him next year as they continue to develop), and a top 5 player without doubt. The real question is whether he'll still be in LA next season. I have a feeling he will be, but there are a few teams that might look more attractive depending on what the other top FAs do.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    He's always coming up short in the playoffs, his play this season have also been overrated. He is no longer the best PG in the League I think TP9 holds that title now.
    No, he isn't. He's an annoying whiner and flopper to no end, but he's still the best point guard in the league for his all around game.

However, I will concede this: though I think Blake Griffin is a product of the ESPN hype machine and not a formidable big man (yet...he still has time to grow after all), I do think that somehow CP3 has inadvertently aided in the regression of Blake's overall development as a franchise player.

Without Chris Paul, the Clips go nowhere. People were seriously considering the Clips as title contenders this season and without him, they're still "the other LA team" with a guy who can dunk.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Clippers without Paul DO NOT make the playoffs

PERIOD

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

This would make me more sense if the people compared to him had actually accomplished anything. Nobody thinks hes better than Lebron. Durant is usually given #2. Who else is there who really led a team to something he has not? Or played better in the playoffs on a regular basis? And did it as roughly the player they currently are?

If there is a list it isnt long.

You can point out the Magics, Isiahs, and all....no point out now has really done much to go past him. The Spurs have not had the same success since perception changed to it being Parkers team. Westbrook was led by Durant. Rose made the ECF but history has not really thought much of conference finals losses.

Rondo has done nothing much since the Celtics really became his.

Deron has not looked like he did at his best in Utah for 3 years.

Wade is Lebrons sidekick now.

Love isnt doing anything.

Dirk has had a down couple years.

Blake is Pauls sidekick.

Randolph has fallen back to the pack.

Dwight has been getting laughed at all year deserved or not.

Melo? Hes even more known for playoff failures than Paul.

Kobe has had a down few years by his standards and just led a 7th seeded team with #1 seed talent...now hes hurt.

Most of the leagues best are either old, letting someone else lead them, or doing nothing Paul isnt. The only exceptions are guys he isnt compared to anyone(Lebron and Durant)

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Nothing in this post is true haha

CP3 can score/create very deliberately.. He kills teams all the time in high pressure back and forth possession situations.

Yea...thats one of those "This guy is straight up lying out of hate or doesnt watch basketball" posts. Chris Paul has been breaking his man down and making a head scratcher midrange jumper under pressure for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    This would make me more sense if the people compared to him had actually accomplished anything. Nobody thinks hes better than Lebron. Durant is usually given #2. Who else is there who really led a team to something he has not? Or played better in the playoffs on a regular basis? And did it as roughly the player they currently are?

If there is a list it isnt long.

You can point out the Magics, Isiahs, and all....no point out now has really done much to go past him. The Spurs have not had the same success since perception changed to it being Parkers team. Westbrook was led by Durant. Rose made the ECF but history has not really thought much of conference finals losses.

Rondo has done nothing much since the Celtics really became his.

Deron has not looked like he did at his best in Utah for 3 years.

Wade is Lebrons sidekick now.

Love isnt doing anything.

Dirk has had a down couple years.

Blake is Pauls sidekick.

Randolph has fallen back to the pack.

Dwight has been getting laughed at all year deserved or not.

Melo? Hes even more known for playoff failures than Paul.

Kobe has had a down few years by his standards and just led a 7th seeded team with #1 seed talent...now hes hurt.

Most of the leagues best are either old, letting someone else lead them, or doing nothing Paul isnt. The only exceptions are guys he isnt compared to anyone(Lebron and Durant)
    Eh.. I don't think this is all on cp3 but I've heard plenty of arguments that prime cp3 was a top five all time point guard.. One of greatest pg peaks of ever, blah blah blah.. Fact is he doesn't even have a better individual playoff resume than tony Parker who probably isn't even a top 15 all time pg.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Eh.. I don't think this is all on cp3 but I've heard plenty of arguments that prime cp3 was a top five all time point guard.. One of greatest pg peaks of ever, blah blah blah.. Fact is he doesn't even have a better individual playoff resume than tony Parker who probably isn't even a top 15 all time pg.
    And that's rub isn't it? A guy like Parker has played in the same system for the same coach, and fundamentally the same cast for his entire career (on a team that were already perennial contenders before he got there). And still people bring things like this up like it's supposed to illuminate something. Tony Parker has accomplished more from a team stand point than any of the great point guards outside of Magic and Cousy.

Does consistency of environment mean absolutely nothing to people (it already stands that a wealth of people "watching" basketball treat it more as an individual sport than a team sport)? Paul has played for two coaches who have been (or about to) fired multiple times and the two teams he's played for have shown little to no success outside of what he's brought them. The team he played for this season had one of the most basic, predictable, and unchanging offenses in the league (if the high pick and roll didn't work, time to iso) and they played against one of the most competent, dynamic, and complex defenses in the league (who everyone is touting as the Western Conference favorite now). But yeah, let's continue to put the blame for series losses one solitary players.