Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Default Re: Vassilis Spanoulis' Basketball-Reference.com European Stats

Wow. His FG% is terrible and his PER 36 are so bad. How has anything been proven with this post?

Banned

sorry but if its 10 times harder to play in euroleague. and 12/4 or 14/4 or whatever you say it is compared to nba numbers is like scoring 30ppg and averaging 10apg

then why did he only average 2 points and got shat out of the nba in the only year he tried over here?

i'm sorry but

if chris paul quit the nba tomorrow. then signed with a euro club and only lasted one year over there averaging 2 points on 39% shooting. it would be pretty damaging wouldnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    who the **** says this? and if they are saying this why the **** do they care

i think theyre just trolling you

but regardless... i dunno if his stats are good compared to top euro ballers

but from what i saw his 12ppg, 4apg averages arent all that amazing

i was expecting 20ppg, 10apg from the way youve been gushing over this guy
    You are a freaking idiot. There is not an NBA starting point guard from Europe that was getting more than 2-3 assists in Europe. Those are unbelievable numbers genius.

Before they came to the NBA......

Brandon Jennings 7/2 in Euroleague

Ty Lawson 7/2 in Euroleague

Dragic 8/3 in Euroleague

Calderon 9/2 in Euroleague

Rubio 7/4 in Euroleague

Beno Udrih 8/3 in Euroleague

I can go on and on and on but that should be enough to make the point.

And you are saying Spanoulis that AVERAGED 14/4 over a CAREER did bad?
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-20-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You are a freaking idiot. There is not an NBA starting point guard from Europe that was getting more than 2-3 assists in Europe. Those are unbelievable numbers genius.

Dragic 8/3 in Euroleague

Rubio 7/4 in Euroleague

do you start every single post with " you're or you are a freaking idiot"

youve said it like 4 or 5 times in just this thread because i'm confused as to why you think

euroleaue > nba

spanoulis > all nba players

considering the lack of hard evidence

all you have is biased opinionated 1 sided bullshit to explain yourself

oh well "14/4 in euroleague is better than any stats a PG can average in the nba"

says ****ing who? you?

the hard evidence is bums from the nba going over to euroleague and becoming legends

isnt candice parkers brother a god and multiple mvp/finals mvp or some shit over there?

explain that one

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Also, with such subpar Per stats, if you compare Nicola Mirotic stat's it only proves the point that he was really great deserved all the accolades he got. His PER is Better than Spans in almost every category.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    thats still not amazing

and why are you so convinced that the best PG's in the nba cant average 12/4 over there against washed up bums and 2nd rate guys? most great pg's in the nba are putting up 20/7+ ( factually. not even just per 36min like span tha man

Because the Euroleague is a better league than the NBA. Because the Euroleague has better defense than the NBA. Because the Euroleague is more physical than the NBA. Because the Euroleague has better point guards than the NBA.

Because the Euroleague does not have the joke rules that the NBA has that make it easy for point guards to play.

Because you have to be somewhat halfway intelligent to play point guard in Euroleague.

College superstar

Hate to admit this, because I have shitted on V-Span in the past because his regular season numbers were terrible, but I admit, I remember watching a lot of him in Rockets pre-season games, and the dude did have some talent. he did drive to the basket a lot of time against mediocre NBA talent off the bench that the coaches rarely ever play in the regular season.

Banned

Before they came to the NBA......

Brandon Jennings 7/2 in Euroleague

Dragic 8/3 in Euroleague

Rubio 7/4 in Euroleague

Beno Udrih 8/3 in Euroleague

And you are saying Spanoulis that AVERAGED 14/4 over a CAREER did bad?

most of those guys suck dick in the nba too.. i kinda like dragic though. but everyone else is useless. but how many years, what age were they and whats their per 36? shots per game, role on each team etc...

i'm sure theres more too it.

i mean euro league is more of a team game with different rules. people arent usually ball dominant pg's over there. i'm sure the stats suffer cause of the offensive system. so maybe 14 points is pretty good for a PG

but that doesnt change the fact that he sucked in the nba.

wouldnt his superior talent translate into a softer league that would showcase his skills even more?

what happened with the 2ppg season?

and i'l ask again. why is candice parkers brother your all time GOAT ?

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Because the Euroleague is a better league than the NBA. Because the Euroleague has better defense than the NBA. Because the Euroleague is more physical than the NBA. Because the Euroleague has better point guards than the NBA.

Because the Euroleague does not have the joke rules that the NBA has that make it easy for point guards to play.

Because you have to be somewhat halfway intelligent to play point guard in Euroleague.
    Shut up, Ming 7_6

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Again, proof right here, that statistically, Spanoulis is not only in the all time leaders in Europe, but that he is one of the most EFFICIENT scorers and shooters ever.
    Yeah, he's at #29 on this list of legends

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Wow. His FG% is terrible and his PER 36 are so bad. How has anything been proven with this post?

4th highest career true shooting percentage in Greek League. 28th highest career true shooting percentage in Euroleague.

29th highest career effective field goal percentage in Euroleague, and was 4th in Euroleague in effective field goal percentage last season.

Also has as I said before, the highest career points scored per shot attempt in Euroleague history, although that stat isn't covered here.

What this proves is that jackasses like you are not just trolls, you are also morons.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    When you talk about FG%. Scola shot a high powered efficiency 70% over there. Not bad for a finesse player.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Yeah, he's at #29 on this list of legends

What is funny to you? I can look at almost any roster of any NBA team right now and post it here, and 3/4 of the players on the team are barely good enough to make a Eurocup team.

Banned

its not though.

people world wide are exposed to the nba as the world leader in basketball. scouts go world wide recruiting the top talent. kids grow up dreaming of nba salaries and media attention. the best of the best come here

only a complete and utter fool would try and say any league is better than the nba. or any star in a 2nd rate league would dominate the nba. especially when they already tried to play in the nba and failed

your boy wasnt good enough