Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Amare to Sixers=bad idea unless..

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Hinkie would have to spend that salary to get the cap floor anyways fool.... #1 Hardaway and Shump is way too much and would probably make you a playoff team.
    Like they made the Knicks. Oh wait

You cant be serious thinking Hardaway and Shump make the Sixers a playoff team.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    That was a totally different deal. I don't think Utah was in danger of not reaching the minimum salary, so they didn't have a need as well. Philly actually has a need. They need to reach the salary floor. Their options are to 1) sign a free agents, who will be looking for multiple years, or 2) trade for an expirer.

If they want multiple year deals on their books, then by all means reject the deal.
    They don't need to reach the salary floor. I'm pretty sure you don't have to be at the salary floor until the end of the year. Even then, the penalty is just the difference in where you are w total salaries and the salary floor. So you just pay what you would have to pay anyway and the extra money is divided amongst all the other players on the roster I believe.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

the bulls were offering the knicks 2 firsts or mirotic/ for taking on boozers contract and knicks fans laughed like nah give us taj too but you guys think philly wants garbage ass shumpert in exchange for amare? at least boozer can get on the court. if i was philly i would want hardaway jr and a pick but im pretty sure they dont have any picks.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    They don't need to reach the salary floor. I'm pretty sure you don't have to be at the salary floor until the end of the year. Even then, the penalty is just the difference in where you are w total salaries and the salary floor. So you just pay what you would have to pay anyway and the extra money is divided amongst all the other players on the roster I believe.
    Yeah, which is basically just a way to work around the rookie salary structure to compensate guys like Nerlens and MCW for being on a shitty team during a rebuild. I'm sure the cap floor was just insurance that the players union wanted to guarantee a certain level of payment for its members but the owners are probably going to have to look into it.

If they actually want the cap floor team mean anything when it comes to competitive balance and team building then the penalty has to be something real.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Like they made the Knicks. Oh wait

You cant be serious thinking Hardaway and Shump make the Sixers a playoff team.
    MCW
    Hardaway
    Shump
    Amare
    Noel

That is a freakin LEGIT lineup as long as Hardaway and Shump make ANY improvement at all and Amare plays like he did after the all star break last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    MCW
    Hardaway
    Shump
    Amare
    Noel

That is a freakin LEGIT lineup as long as Hardaway and Shump make ANY improvement at all and Amare plays like he did after the all star break last year.
    Not a playoff team and Amare is bought out soon as a trade is official.