Nobody believes one. Meanwhile two and three are documented facts

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Default Re: The Biggest Myths on Insidehoops

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    his post was better than yours
    Read: Please love my LeBron

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Biggest myth: Pair Shaq with (insert any all-star wing player) in place of Kobe and the Lakers still three-Peat

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

For me two things I've noticed about ISH.

Hakeem had more of an impact on the floor than Moses Malone
    and that Larry Bird didn't make an impact on defense. (This may be people who only saw him post injuries.)

Local High School Star

90s wasnt a weak era for basketball because Shaq was swept 5 times in the 90s.
    So called MDE

Decent playground baller

Damn, I forgot the most important one...

Wilt Chamberlain is a choker for only having 2 titles in the 1960s.

He is the only one to win titles in the 1960s with the Boston Celtics dominating the whole decade. It's kinda hard to win titles when you face a dynasty 90% of the time.

About Chris Bosh being a 20/10 player on another NBA team. I meant his future team not prior to the Miami Heat.

The Ray Allen shot isn't going to be a pretty debate, so it's a lose-lose for anyone to argue over it. It's obvious the shot went in and it's obvious that they went to overtime and won the game, so you can't say Ray Allen saved LeBron's career from being 1/5.

I saw the whole postseason and LeBron did not quit in game 5. He had a bad game, but I put this as a myth because the series didn't even end in game 5 anyway.

Kobe Bryant did not guard Michael Jordan in that mythical 55 point game most of you jizz over. Michael Jordan was a small forward and Kobe was matched up with Jerry Stackhouse.

Miami Heat 2010 free agency labeled as collusion is false. None of you have proof. If it was illegal to do or against the CBA it would have been investigated. There's no evidence that they "colluded." These words sound nice and it's to spread an agenda. It's revisionist history at its finest. I saw most of you jizz over the thought of LeBron coming to the Bulls and the Knicks. I thought he was going to the Bulls. If 3 of the top players joined your team I bet you wouldn't have said collusion. All of this is is outrage that your team weren't smart enough to do this, so you call this collusion, cheating, bad for the NBA, etc.

Collusion: secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

What they did wasn't illegal. They were all free agents. Show me the provision in the CBA that says players cannot take pay cuts on their salaries. They could go to any team they wanted to go to, which is why they were UFA (unrestricted free agents). How did the Heat cheat or deceive others?

Last but not least, I am sure people still talk about Tragic Johnson....oops they don't! Magic Johnson's failures in the NBA Finals is something no one talks or cares about. It's more BS. You want people to remember this, so these players can get discredited for what they accomplished. It's not happening. No one is going to give a damn about LeBron's losses when he retires 10-15 years from now. Winning does cure everything.

I thank all of the posters that gave real replies to this thread and not ones like that cocksmith Droid101 for negging me for making a thread LMAO. Do what you do best; jack off in your mom's basement. When you neg me at least do it like a man. Don't do an anonymous one, you fairy.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    Biggest myth: Pair Shaq with (insert any all-star wing player) in place of Kobe and the Lakers still three-Peat
    I actually love this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    This is a definite myth, cause any other all star wing player would have 4 peated with Diesel!

College superstar

Myth: Kobe was "carried" by Shaq during the 3-peat and only 2 of his rings "count." (2009 and 2010)

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Myth. Rockets would have beaten them as they were the Bulls' worst matchup.
    The Bulls during the "Pippen era" actually went 2-1 against Houston when Pippen played.

November 93': HOU 100, CHI 93. No Pippen.
    January 94': CHI 82, HOU 76.

November 95': HOU 106, CHI 83.
    January 95': CHI 100, HOU 81. Hakeem shot 2 for 18.

Hakeem either played below average or at his averages in these games. It is a myth that Hakeem was dominating the Bulls. Whenever the Bulls are matched up against the Rockets in hypothetical scenarios from that period it is always erroneously assumed that Hakeem was lighting the Bulls up. The Bulls had no great center but they consistently defended centers solidly. In the East the Bulls went 4-1* in series against the Knicks and beat Mourning-led teams thrice in the playoffs. They routinely owned the Daughtery Cavs as well. Yeah, these centers were going to produce but it was not a massive disadvantage a la peak Shaq posting 38/17/5. The one exception proves the rule: Shaq in 1995. The Bulls were defeated that year by a dominant Shaq because they lacked a PF who was elite defensively that year. When they got such a PF the following year, they swept Shaq's team.

The 94' Bulls went 1-1 against the Rockets, 1-1 against Robinson's Spurs, 2-2 against the Shaq Magic, and 4-1 against the Mourning Hornets. The Knicks were their only blemish. While they were 1-3 in the regular season, one loss came in the meaningless final game because NY had all the tiebreakers against CHI. In the playoffs the Bulls held Ewing to 22.9 ppg.
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 07-07-2014 at 08:32 PM.