Default Re: European Signings/Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Is he a FA? Otherwise, how does that work
    Yes, Sonny is a free agent.

Cedevita Zagreb
    Marko Car
    Ivan Opačak

Also it would be nice if you post only OFFICIAL SIGNINGS,not rumors.I'm pretty sure Artest didn't officially sign for that team from Finland
    Last edited by Clutch; 07-02-2011 at 12:58 PM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Yes, Sonny is a free agent.
    I would think that could be a slippery slope for a borderline young nba'er like him. Sure, he'll probably get another chance in the league, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Cedevita Zagreb
    Marko Car
    Ivan Opačak

Also it would be nice if you post only OFFICIAL SIGNINGS,not rumors.I'm pretty sure Artest didn't officially sign for that team from Finland
    [QUOTE]LoKoKo sports director Aleksi Valavuori said,

NBA sixth man of the year

I would think that could be a slippery slope for a borderline young nba'er like him. Sure, he'll probably get another chance in the league, but you never know.
    Maybe, but it's just a one year deal. It's entirely possible that the NBA doesn't have a season. He would have been signed by an NBA club to a guaranteed deal if there wasn't a lockout. I guess if he did horribly overseas, but I think he'll be okay.

Maybe, but it's just a one year deal. It's entirely possible that the NBA doesn't have a season. He would have been signed by an NBA club to a guaranteed deal if there wasn't a lockout. I guess if he did horribly overseas, but I think he'll be okay.
    There is no way the nba doesnt have any season next year. That would be the worst thing possible for everyone involved. the owners may be willing to stick to their guns, but not to that point IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Sounds official to me. Same team that had Pippen and Rodman play a few games for them.
    It seems you are right,sorry.
    Also add Cedevita's signings among Croatian teams

There is no way the nba doesnt have any season next year. That would be the worst thing possible for everyone involved. the owners may be willing to stick to their guns, but not to that point IMO.
    Okay, so they have another 50 game season. Games will be missed, and I think it will be more than a few. He's taking a mild risk, but it's just a one year deal. I think he'll be okay. They aren't going to forget about him after one year and he isn't going to suck enough in one year to turn teams off. They know it's a bit of a different game over there. It didn't really hurt Brandon Jennings draft stock too much.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Sounds official to me. Same team that had Pippen and Rodman play a few games for them.
    Didn't they play for Torpan Pojat?

Okay, so they have another 50 game season. Games will be missed, and I think it will be more than a few. He's taking a mild risk, but it's just a one year deal. I think he'll be okay. They aren't going to forget about him after one year and he isn't going to suck enough in one year to turn teams off. They know it's a bit of a different game over there. It didn't really hurt Brandon Jennings draft stock too much.
    yeah, the difference I see is teams getting his wingspots filled with younger, cheaper draft picks and then not needing a somewhat underwhelming journeyman for the spot. It probably wont happen, but its a risk.

yeah, the difference I see is teams getting his wingspots filled with younger, cheaper draft picks and then not needing a somewhat underwhelming journeyman for the spot. It probably wont happen, but its a risk.
    I see your point, and it's valid, but the leg up Sonny has is that he's played in the NBA so they know what he's capable of (and, I guess, by the same token, what he isn't capable of). He's a solid reserve swingman that could start for you in a pinch. He's not a 3rd string player. He's a rotation guy in the NBA. With that said, there are a lot of rotation swings in the NBA, but he is coming off a somewhat successful season (for him, not the Raptors). I think, worst case, he re-signs with Toronto after his Euro stint and maybe costs himself some money. Then again, he could be helping himself if he has a great year over there.

He's definitely taking a risk, anyone who goes to Europe that still wants to be a NBA player is. Still, he provides what a lot teams are looking for in a reserve wing, he's proven at the NBA level to be contributor, and he's still relatively young (about to turn 25). The no NBA-out clause is curious, though.

What? No links? Ban him.

King of Chicago DRoseOwnsACamry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    What? No links? Ban him.
    Grinder>You, by a long shot.

Shit, every time I flame you I feel a little bad. But then I remember you are a complete douche, and I flame you some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Rumors:

Barcelona
    Vassilis Spanoulis, they are doing a push for him today.
    Barca is said to be close to acquiring Vassilis Spanoulis:

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/SpainBa...a.1138831.html

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/201107...179090293.html

Also, Pau Gasol wants to return to Europe during the lockout:

http://www.talkbasket.net/5798-gasol...to-europe.html