Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Could even the worst NBA player score 20 points if they shot as much as Kobe?

Impossible.

The worst player in the league will not average Kobe's stats if he shot as much as Kobe.

The worst player in the league would not even be able to get a shot off. After getting 5 shots off the coach would just yank him. It's not just shooting as much as you can, it's also be able to get your shot off and we know Kobe has the most moves and ways in his arsenal.

Default Re: Could even the worst NBA player score 20 points if they shot as much as Kobe?

I hate this kind of idiotic shit. The worst NBA player probably couldn't get 20 to 30 shots up per game without getting them smacked back into his face. If he did they likely wouldn't be good shots with a decent chance to go in. There is a reason guys like Kobe, Wade, Lebron, etc. get paid the big bucks. They are able to create their own shot and get good looks at the hoop for themselves and their teammates. They caan do this within the flow of the game and they give their team a great chance to win. If the worst NBA players were able to do that, they would.

Whoever came up with this theory is as dumb as a box of rocks and knows f**k-all about basketball.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Yep. Give Kendrick Perkins the same amount of shots and he can score as much or the same as Kobe. Then they wanna turn right around and get mad when reasonable NBA fans don't take a thing they say seriously

Probably not, and at a much worst percentage. But it reminds me of something that I think about a lot, how lets say big name rookies get that opportunity to play good minutes, and develop their games, and that's something that the worst players never get to. So I wonder if there could be some surprise if in some alternate universe all mediocre player got that chance to play big minutes and learn. (Not a league where all the mediocre players got to play big minutes, but many different alternative universe where every one got to.) They should at least be a little better than their bench warming self.
    Last edited by jstern; 10-10-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Have you ever played basketball OP

not on topic, but note that TS% won't remain constant with an increase in touches, so you can't just scale PPG linearly

diminished returns and all that jazz

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Lol, watch out now. If all those players were on the same team they would barely make the playoffs.
    Maybe they weren't great players at the time theyr joined Iverson, but they were pretty damn good for the most part.

I noticed something about most of the posters in this thread. All of their theories revolve around isolation and then kick outs. There's so many ways players can score. Whether it be in the post, picks, screens, off the ball, fast break, the three pointer.

The key is the offense. And the work ethic of the player. As well as POLITICS. I can't tell you how many players I've seen lose out on a position due to someone else being more popular. But not neccessarily better.

As another poster mentioned a lot of a players situation is based on status. And economics. A players that's drafted high is gonna get every opportunity to be a star. Mainly due to the politcs and financial obligation the players team is responsible for to that player.

There is no big obligation on "12th men" most of their contracts aren't guaranteed. I think the landscape of the NBA would be so different if all players were paid equally.

I do feel every NBA caliber player is capable of scoring 15-20 ppg if given a fair opportunity.