Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could Curry drop 81 on the Sixers if he went for it?

I mean if the Warriors went for it, I think he almost certainly could.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Could Curry drop 81 on the Sixers if he went for it?

76ers are pretty bad.

Prime Kobe and Current Curry could both hang 100 on them if they were gunning for it.

Yes and I wish he would. Curry is better than Kobe ever was and this 76ers team makes that Raptor team look like the 96 Bulls.

I don't know if he would have the stamina to do it with his team winning by 30. Kobe's points were necessary cause his team was actually losing, so he found strength to do it.

He should go for 100 on them, honestly.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

I wish we lived in a day and age where people would still try shit like that

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    He should go for 100 on them, honestly.
    Except for 100 isn't really something you can just "go for", you need to be in a really special Zone in the first place to have a realistic shot. With that being said, Curry should totally go for it no matter what, would be one of the more entertaining things I think I'd ever see

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Except for 100 isn't really something you can just "go for", you need to be in a really special Zone in the first place to have a realistic shot. With that being said, Curry should totally go for it no matter what, would be one of the more entertaining things I think I'd ever see
    81 isn't really something you can just "go for" either lol, I'm just saying why not shoot for 100 if we're throwing out outrageous scoring numbers?

If Curry was hot, I mean really hot in the 1st and 2nd quarters and is feeling fresh and the team has got a half way decent but not 100% secure lead, I'd say let the guy play - and let him shoot in the 3rd and 4th.

It'd be a deliberate action but why not? Most players who've ever gone for 60+ are doing it deliberately or having their teammates feed them deliberately.

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    I wish we lived in a day and age where people would still try shit like that
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...scoring-record
    This dude put up 138, however that was college and no one will try that crap in the pros. If someone went for it (other than Kobe and Stephen Curry), they'd become a public pariah or something like that

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

someone would probably take him out if he tried to

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    81 isn't really something you can just "go for" either lol, I'm just saying why not shoot for 100 if we're throwing out outrageous scoring numbers?

If Curry was hot, I mean really hot in the 1st and 2nd quarters and is feeling fresh and the team has got a half way decent but not 100% secure lead, I'd say let the guy play - and let him shoot in the 3rd and 4th.

It'd be a deliberate action but why not? Most players who've ever gone for 60+ are doing it deliberately or having their teammates feed them deliberately.
    Definetly, Coach Walton should just let him go if he's on fire, however unlikely he (Walton) is to do that. If anyone in the league today can do it, it's Stephen Curry

Curry goes 33/50 3PT 1/1 FT.

Game is close because Covington scores 60 shooting with 14/18 from 3.

Warriors win by 2.

And his 3rd child is born 9 months later.

ISH has a ****ing melt down because Covington breaks Kobe's record.

But really, the guy hasn't lost a game this season, so I don't think anyone is complaining. It's still relatively early in his prime, the best is yet to come.

The whole point of Steph Curry is that he would never go for it. That's not in his DNA.

I could see him torching a team with bad defense for 81, but it would have to be a team that could keep up with them (not the Sixers). He'd have to play all 4 quarters and go bananas in the fourth to do it. He scores in spurts. He would have to have a 25+ point first or third quarter (normally his big quarters), and then have to ice the game at the line to do it, because I've never seen Curry dominate 4 straight quarters by himself.

Say:

26 in the first
    12 in the second
    18 in the third
    25 in the fourth, 8-8 FTs in the final minute

But again... against a team with defense that bad, there will be plenty of lob and open 3pt opportunities off of Draymond Green assists off the pick and roll, which are just as good as a Curry stepback 3. I can't see him carrying that much of a load for more than 2 quarters in a game.
    Last edited by Clifton; 12-08-2015 at 06:32 PM.

NBA Superstar

Almost sounds ridiculous (which is a testament to Kobe Bryant dropping 80 to begin with) but yeah, if we threw a couple of unwritten rules out of the window - such as sitting when the game's out of reach - I don't have a lot of doubt that Curry could touch 80 on the right night. I don't even think it has to be the Sixers.

FiveThirtyEight had an interesting article this past week showcasing how Curry, in contrast to just about every other player in history, actually became more efficient than he already was with the more scoring burden he's taken on, which has in turn placed his efficiency out of this world.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...he-revolution/

So the real world problem with Curry going on a super huge scoring binge is that his likelihood for crazy efficiency probably means any hot night will be yielding a huge lead early on.

Same dilemma I used to have on 2K.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri

I mean if the Warriors went for it, I think he almost certainly could.

What an original idea: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=391418