Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why are the old-time stans so delusional?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman#44
    You stupid 14 years old. Wilt Chamberlain was a dominant force in the 60, and in his twilight holding his own with Jabbar, the same Jabbar that scored 46 on Hakeem on the 80, the same Hakeem that destoyed Shaq in the 95 Finals, the same Shaq Who win 3 straight Fmvp in 2000. ..do you understand? ? Did you See the point?
    I don't even know where to start lol. I grew up in the 80s and your post is more telling of your own age than mine......just saying. The he beat this guy so for sure he beats this guy logic is very simple minded, if that's the way you rate players then my post was way over your head. Every sport has evolved over time with each generations players being better than the last, except for those very best elite level guys. Somehow you want me to believe that the nba is the only sport on the face of the earth frozen in time with no improvements or evolution in 50 yrs. You got it smart guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    read your post again and tell me again why anyone should think of you as a mature poster.
    You and dondadda insult anyone who doesn't agree with you. i am starting to think that trolls like silk do a great job of replying to your posts. i rarely post in wilt or russell threads now given that no one and that includes you, knows anything about their game other than stats and a few highlight plays and may be a few full games at most. You have to study players for years and see 30-40 full playoff games to make any judgement on them to make a case for top 10 or top 5 of all time.
    Even if you were alive to see them, people you debate with weren't alive and it is only logical to not believe what you can't see.
    I respect wilt and Russell going by their stats but that is it. May be they were greater than what their stats show or may be they were worse but comparing them to current players is pointless as we don't have enough footage to make any good point in favor of them or against them. Why is that so hard for posters like you to understand?
    If you are so mature then ignore the trolls who say that wilt would be like javale mcgee in today's league and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman#44
    You stupid 14 years old. Wilt Chamberlain was a dominant force in the 60, and in his twilight holding his own with Jabbar, the same Jabbar that scored 46 on Hakeem on the 80, the same Hakeem that destoyed Shaq in the 95 Finals, the same Shaq Who win 3 straight Fmvp in 2000. ..do you understand? ? Did you See the point?
    To take it further, the same Shaq who blasted Tim Duncan a few times in the early 2000s, the same Tim Duncan who murked LeBron in 07 and almost did it again last year. If the Spurs win it all this year, we're back to 07?

In this era Al Horford has made 2 All Star games at center and JJ Redick is a starting 2 on a strong team. Anyone who actually watched the NBA in the 90s knows that the stars then would easily be stars today.

I don't see anyone in this era who is comparable to Malone, Barkley, Hakeem, Drob, Ewing, Jordan, Magic and so on.

Guys like Lebron and Durant are elite talents but today's bigs are flat out lame.
    Last edited by tontoz; 06-05-2014 at 12:03 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Lebron couldn't play 1 game without AC. How is he gonna play 82, while also in Converse All Stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Lebron couldn't play 1 game without AC. How is he gonna play 82, while also in Converse All Stars?

BTW, Lebron obviously wouldn't have played in this game, either...

[QUOTE]Boerwinkle was no Jordan. He averaged 7.2 points per game, and he never led his team to the N.B.A. finals

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    In this era Al Horford has made 2 All Star games at center and JJ Redick is a starting 2 on a strong team. Anyone who actually watched the NBA in the 90s knows that the stars then would easily be stars today.

I don't see anyone in this era who is comparable to Malone, Barkley, Hakeem, Drob, Ewing, Jordan, Magic and so on.

Guys like Lebron and Durant are elite talents but today's bigs are flat out lame.

which era? the era of many NBA players haven't entered their prime?

something tells me the mid 90s early 2000 drafts produced players that were comparable to those you have listed during their prime.

Is Barkley threatened at the fact that Pau Gasoft might surpass him on the all time ranking?

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    I understand loving old-school players...but i don't understand why certain posters think they know how these players would do in today's NBA.

I don't care how much footage you watch...it just doesn't translate. NBA scouts watch current prospects from the time they are 14 all through college and still very routinely get it completely wrong.

And these clowns watch youtube highlights of old players and think they can say, with certainty, how good they'd be in today's NBA.

At best, the only thing that may be able to be shown during all that nonsense they watch is how they should rank in THAT era. That's it.

Edit: Like that Dave Cowens nonsense that Laz was talking about. Just delusional.
    Truth right here stop bringing this shet up this guy would dominate is this era or that. You dont know....

Guys like SHAQisGOAT never really use facts. They just say things like, "Man, that man Michael Jordan was a REALLLL COLDDDD dude. He'd SKOOL these yung katz if he was in the league". Basically just look for lazy arguments like most of the nostolgists do.