Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The official jlauber and Wilt Chamberlain thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    You said Russell would be Ben Wallace in today's league, and Russell won 11 rings in Wilt's era. So you tell me.

And lol @ being stronger than Ben Wallace
    And CHANGED my opinion long ago. Part of it though, was the fact that I didn't see Russell play before the '64 season. In the last half of his career, he cut back his scoring and shooting. BUT, he was a FAR greater offensive player than Wallace.

As for Wallace being stronger than Wilt. I believe Wallace benched 465. There are eye-witness accounts of Chamberlain benching that at age 59. And, the internet is PLASTERED with links giving Wilt a 500 lb bench.

So, yes, Chamberlain was better at EVERY aspect of the game than Wallace, even in FT shooting. And his IMPACT at the line was even better than Bynum's. So, here again, Wilt was better at EVETY facet of the game than Bynum too. And that doesn't even include the fact that Bynum could blow up his knee while brushing his teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    And CHANGED my opinion long ago. Part of it though, was the fact that I didn't see Russell play before the '64 season. In the last half of his career, he cut back his scoring and shooting. BUT, he was a FAR greater offensive player than Wallace.

As for Wallace being stronger than Wilt. I believe Wallace benched 465. There are eye-witness accounts of Chamberlain benching that at age 59. And, the internet is PLASTERED with links giving Wilt a 500 lb bench.

So, yes, Chamberlain was better at EVERY aspect of the game than Wallace, even in FT shooting. And his IMPACT at the line was even better than Bynum's. So, here again, Wilt was better at EVETY facet of the game than Bynum too. And that doesn't even include the fact that Bynum could blow up his knee while brushing his teeth.
    Wilt can also
    jump 50" off the ground
    run a 4.6 40 yard dash
    dunk so hard on opponent that it crushed his toes

yes, yes we know this

3-time NBA All-Star

Wilt can also
    jump 50" off the ground
    run a 4.6 40 yard dashdunk so hard on opponent that it crushed his toes

yes, yes we know this

Easily a 40" veritcal, and at nearly 7-2, with a 7-8 wingspan, and he was probably the highest reaching NBA player ever.

That 4.6 is interesting. None other than Hank Stram clocked him at 4.6 in a tryout for the Chiefs in the mid-60's. Wilt was 27 at the time, and weighed 290 lbs. Chamberlain, himself, claims to have run a 4.4 which is not really that unbelieveable, considering he was around 250 lbs when he was a member of KU's 4x100 relay team at age 20.

As for the "breaking of toes"...here again, take it up with Johnny Kerr. He is the one who made that comment...NOT Wilt.

Shredded this nonsense...
    So why haven't you addressed the bit on Wilt being outscored by Sam Jones...in EVERY game 7 vs Boston?

1962: Wilt scored 22 pts; Jones scores 28 pts (Wilt's 50.4 ppg season)
    1965: Wilt scored 30 pts; Jones scores 37 pts
    1968: Wilt scored 14 pts; Jones scores 22 pts
    1969: Wilt scored 18 pts; Jones scores 24 pts (and it was his last career NBA game. )

Bottom line: Where was he in those game 7's?

Easily a 40" veritcal, and at nearly 7-2, with a 7-8 wingspan, and he was probably the highest reaching NBA player ever.

That 4.6 is interesting. None other than Hank Stram clocked him at 4.6 in a tryout for the Chiefs in the mid-60's. Wilt was 27 at the time, and weighed 290 lbs. Chamberlain, himself, claims to have run a 4.4 which is not really that unbelieveable, considering he was around 250 lbs when he was a member of KU's 4x100 relay team at age 20.

As for the "breaking of toes"...here again, take it up with Johnny Kerr. He is the one who made that comment...NOT Wilt.
    His head never gets near the rim in any video and the dude is 7'2"

3-time NBA All-Star

His head never gets near the rim in any video and the dude is 7'2"
    Thanks to Cavs Fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpVZS26BUs

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    So why haven't you addressed the bit on Wilt being outscored by Sam Jones...in EVERY game 7 vs Boston?

1962: Wilt scored 22 pts; Jones scores 28 pts (Wilt's 50.4 ppg season)
    1965: Wilt scored 30 pts; Jones scores 37 pts
    1968: Wilt scored 14 pts; Jones scores 22 pts
    1969: Wilt scored 18 pts; Jones scores 24 pts (and it was his last career NBA game. )

Bottom line: Where was he in those game 7's?
    OUCH

Are...You..For real?

3-time NBA All-Star

Are...You..For real?

BTW, none other than TEX WINTER claims that a high school Wilt (and not yet fully grown) was taking three steps behind the FT line, and dunking the ball with a leap from behind the line. In fact, he was so stunned, that he organized the rule committee and they subsequently banned the dunking of FTs because of "freakish activity."

And both Sonny Hill, a well respected Philly sports icon, and long time Sixer trainer, Al Domenico claimed that a mid-60's Wilt touched the top of the backboard.

BTW, none other than TEX WINTER claims that a high school Wilt (and not yet fully grown) was taking three steps behind the FT line, and dunking the ball with a leap from behind the line. In fact, he was so stunned, that he organized the rule committee and they subsequently banned the dunking of FTs because of "freakish activity."

And both Sonny Hill, a well respected Philly sports icon, and long time Sixer trainer, Al Domenico claimed that a mid-60's Wilt touched the top of the backboard.
    "This is completely true, I've read it in an art book"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01GWC...tailpage#t=10s

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

hand timed 4.4 is more like 4.55 at the nfl combine. two very different thing. so 4.4 by 7ft 1 dude? highly unlikely. someone in NFL board calculated Usain bolt's 9.58 run and he ran 40 yard in 4.32.

i don't believe there is anybody in NBA who runs legit 4.4. i would say only guys like AI, westbrook, rose are 4.4 if they train really hard for it. i have to guess wilt would run 4.7s in today's NFL combine. and that's still plenty fast.

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

i've already discredited the legitimacy of that video in other thread. he hands are nowhere near 13ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    i've already discredited the legitimacy of that video in other thread. he hands are nowhere near 13ft.
    The man thinks Wilt dunked from the freethrow line..and not only that, he did it with just a couple of steps. It's no use talking logic about Wilt's mythical abilities with him.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    YES...it is.

I would guesstimate at about 12' 10". And without a running start, and using his off-hand.
    Last edited by jlauber; 07-26-2012 at 01:50 AM.

"This is completely true, I've read it in an art book"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01GWC...tailpage#t=10s
    I'm sorry but