Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Im baffled how Lebron can take this team to the finals

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    You just changed the topic.
    This is not what Indianguy was talking about.
    He proved you wrong with facts.
    OWN the lost. Dont post meaningless off-topic crap.

I didn't change the subject, you've been acting asshurt in here since the thread started , move on.

Everyone wants to act like Last year's Pacers were the best Team out East? GTFOutta here.

How about The Hawks?

Or The Bulls that one year Noah was talking mad shit.

Every year these overachieving Teams are the best Teams out east, as Indian's "history" shows, they rarely if ever are what people thought they were.

Default Re: Im baffled how Lebron can take his team to the finals

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    [/LIST]

Why can't it be both?

Why can't we just agree to be rational and logical?

The East sucks...and it's impressive that the Cavs are playing this well without Love and with a banged up Kyrie.

It's not hard...
    That's my point tho.. I always see posters here bitchin how the east sucks. They seem to forget to give credit to these Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I have no idea what you are talking about here. I was responding to your [false] claim that Western finalists' path towards the Finals was more difficult than their Eastern counterpart because of more quality teams being in the West. How they supposedly "beat each other up" while the top dog in East enjoys lopsided series'. But the numbers don't support this at all. The EC finalist struggles just as much during their first round series', if not more so, than their WC counterpart.
    And I replied to you. If you don't like what was said just say it, but it's the truth. Half the time the Top Team out East during the regular season spends the entire playoffs busting at the seams. Then they lose to Teams they were "supposedly" better than all year. We saw it last year and it's happening again.

It was the same for Lebron's 60 win Cavs Teams before he started the Great Collusion of the east.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Let's look at the Top Teams out East the last few years shall we?

Hawks
    Pacers
    Bulls
    Heat (I think)
    Cavs

How many of those Teams outside of The Heat were honestly the Top Team in their conference, let's be real here.

You guys love to always bark about how sauce Bron's 08-10 Teams are, ok well they were the best Team out East in the regular season of those years, picked as the favorite every year despite The Celtics and Lakers strength and they choked every time til he left for Miami.

Bulls- pretender

Pacers - Pretender

Hawks- Pending

What you're saying is, no matter what the outcome of wins in the regular season, you always expect Bron to come out on top? Basically, you think he is that good? But the rest of the teams are pretenders if they lose to him?

Pelicans would have easily won the east

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    What you're saying is, no matter what the outcome of wins in the regular season, you always expect Bron to come out on top? Basically, you think he is that good? But the rest of the teams are pretenders if they lose to him?
    The same has happened to Lebron led Teams though. 08, 09, 10.

The one year he made The Finals in 07 The East was probably the weakest it's ever been. But yea, I do think Lebron is a great player, definitely Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    When will people give the Cavs credit? It seems like everybody wants to blame the east being pathetic rather than giving these hobbled Cavs credit.
    Especially when 1/2 of these posters said that Lebron is cancer that makes his team and teammates worse...

So by their own admission, this Cleveland team is worse than last year's 33 win team and therefore what the Cavs are doing is practically a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    Especially when 1/2 of these posters said that Lebron is cancer that makes his team and teammates worse...

So by their own admission, this Cleveland team is worse than last year's 33 win team and therefore what the Cavs are doing is practically a miracle.
    Miracle put into context, his third best player is out and Kyrie is hobbled. It's very impressive what they've done so far , but here's the question burning the back of everyone's minds. Do they have the same fortunes out West? Most people would say no.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Miracle put into context, his third best player is out and Kyrie is hobbled. It's very impressive what they've done so far , but here's the question burning the back of everyone's minds. Do they have the same fortunes out West? Most people would say no.
    Then if and when the Cavs make it to the Finals...the reward the West gets is to stream roll the Cavs to a title...

I still have yet to get someone to explain to me why there is all this crying about the Western conference teams.

If you are the Clippers your reward for defeating the Spurs, Rockets, and Warriors is you get to stream roll who ever comes out of the East. Same with any other western conference team.

Same with the NFC vs. AFC in the NFL. The NFC is thought to be the hard conference to make it through...well guess what Seattle, your reward for defeating the superior NFC is you get to beat up on the weaker AFC representative.

I am pretty sure (I think this was the story with the Heat) the Cavs would much rather lose in the first round if they thought they could not beat the Western conference representative.

So this notion about the East representative being eliminated in the first round of a Western conference tournament is largely moot (which I think is complete BS but it doesn't even matter). Whoever comes out of the much superior Western conference gets to cakewalk themselves to an easy ring because the Eastern conference representative wouldn't have even made past the first round of the Western conference bracket.