Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Actual Footage Of LeBron Surpassing MJ

Jordan was great at playing well on already great teams but he was mediocre at elevating terrible teams.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    you still haven't told me how jordan would deal with physical and mental fatigue of going to 8 straight finals and on top of that he would have to win all of them.
    He was clearly mentally fatigued in 93 when he took a vacation to give a chance to his hobby of baseball to freshen up his mind just like people normally go hiking on vacations(at least i do).
    Are you kidding me? Nobody knows the real reason he retired, the headline read that he went to play baseball as a tribute to his father or whatever. Mental fatigue my ass, he was ready for the 99 season for a 7th title if the dumbass GM didn't implode the team.

Banned

it was a tier-2 league of an american sport.
    A sport he hadn't played since childhood... and he was competing against guys trying to make the MLB.

Not like he was playing rec league level baseball or some random softball league just to pass the time.

i am laugh when people say that jordan might have won 8 in a row but i did laugh when you wrote that he would have definitely won 2 more finals and 2 more FMVP if he didn't leave for 2 years.
    You are laugh all you want, but there's no reason to think the Bulls wouldn't win at least 1 but probably 2. And Jordan most definitely wins 1 or 2 MVPs, definitely wins 2 scoring titles, and definitely scores at least 4,500 more regular season points and maybe another 900 playoff points.

if lebron took 2014 off and went to play in the d-league, it would be considered a vacation for him.
    Because he's a basketball player, I would hope he'd do well in the D-League.

I think the Bulls win at least 4 in a row including 94, Jordan would still be in his prime, 94 Pip was a beast, improved B.J and Grant, plus rookie Kukoc?! That could have been the best of the Bulls championship squads. Assuming Jordan doesn't retire, I can see 95 Rockets still winning with such a weak bulls frontline assuming they got past Orlando. Grant's missing interior rebounding and defense would have made for an uphill battle even if MJ hadn't taken a year off. And IMHO Hakeem in 95 likely matches 95 MJ's 'greatness' whether he retired or not, so after Pippen and Drexler it comes down to the Rockets having superior roleplayers.

I can see an 'off' year in 95, with 96-98 Bulls 3peat still occurring or at worst, they're burnt out completely in 98( as it was Pacers took them to the brink in the ECFs) and win 96 and 97. Either way, I still say they wind up with minimum 6 rings, possibly 7.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 05-21-2015 at 05:40 PM.

it was a tier-2 league of an american sport. Mental fatigue is all about feshening up your mind by doing something different. i don't like to sit at my home or a beach for more than a day if i have a long vacation. i go on really tough treks.
    i am laugh when people say that jordan might have won 8 in a row but i did laugh when you wrote that he would have definitely won 2 more finals and 2 more FMVP if he didn't leave for 2 years.
    if lebron took 2014 off and went to play in the d-league, it would be considered a vacation for him.
    what is this bullshit?

Jordan wins 8 in a row because he has the GOAT coach, system and the right teammates around him, he isn't going to lose because he's "mentally fatigued". His father happened to die and he played baseball in honor of his dad, this has nothing to do with his mentality to win when on the basketball court.

If Lebron played in the D-league, he'd still be playing basketball, Jordan wasn't playing basketball during that time.

You can't just waltz into a middle of an NBA season with no off-season training and expect to be on the same level both physically and mentally, other guys have battled all year, 20 games wasn't enough for him to get ready and Bulls lost Grant Hill, who happened to be a very impactful player at the time.

What happened the next year, when they replaced Grant and Jordan had a full off-season to get ready?

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

Playoff games of 35/5/5:

Michael Jordan: 34
    LeBron James: 20

Playoff games of 40/5/5:

Michael Jordan: 16
    LeBron James: 10

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nnn123
    Playoff games of 35/5/5:

Playoff games of 40/5/5:

Funny how arbitrary stat cutoffs work

I love how ESPN has these idiots thinking that 30-5-5 is some magic barometer.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Jordan was great at playing well on already great teams but he was mediocre at elevating terrible teams.
    name lebron's top 10 opposition please.

Quote Originally Posted by nnn123
    Playoff games of 35/5/5:

Playoff games of 40/5/5:

Quote Originally Posted by bond10
    Are you kidding me? Nobody knows the real reason he retired, the headline read that he went to play baseball as a tribute to his father or whatever. Mental fatigue my ass, he was ready for the 99 season for a 7th title if the dumbass GM didn't implode the team.
    yes, everything favoring MJ in the news was the truth but normal logic that leading your team in scoring while going to 8 finals and winning them takes a huge toll on the body is just a lie made up by humans who can't understand michael jordan. stop watching so many 90s gatorade commercials.
    jordan would have most probably won in 94 at most then lost in 95, won in 96,97 and retired after that. leaving your job because your father got murdered is a sign of mental weakness. almost everyone continues going to their job after something like that happens to them. it is a sad thing but you don't retire because of it unless you really need to freshen up your mind by indulging in your hobby.

the fact is that MJ's father got murdered. Normal logic says that it takes a lot of toll on your body if go to 8 straight finals while being the team's best scorer and best player. you guys clearly don't know what logic means.

MJ even said that he was bored of basketball which is the definition of mental fatigue.

You can't compare stats and opponents from the Illegal defense era to now

Defenses are just so much more sophisticated and adaptable today

https://vine.co/v/OjWXqqhQV1l

This is why you are a terrible poster with no individual identity beastmode

Banned

Have Boris Diaw standing 5 feet away from Jordan at all times as your 'defense' and he averages 50 without breaking a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Because they lost their all star PF and had no real replacement. When they did actually replace him, they set the NBA record for wins
    Replaced him with an all-NBA 1st team defender and current (at the time) 4x rebounding champion. Plus the wins were inflated due to expansion teams Vancouver and Toronto.

His shooting numbers in '95 were comparable to his Wizards run... where he also had a few 40 and 50 point games. He clearly wasn't anywhere near 100% when he first came back without any time to get into basketball shape or get used to his new teammates. Anyone who tries to argue against that is an idiot, plain and simple.

Again... when he finally did get back to full form... what happened?
    Comparable to the Wiz days He avg 31ppg against Orlando.

If he was no where near 100% then why didn't Phil do something if it was so obvious? Why not scale back his minutes? Why have MJ avg. 12 more FGA per game than Pippen while avg only 1 more MPG than Pippen in that series?