Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Rocket fans....were Laker fans right about Dwight?

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    THIS.

Watch the games. DH tries to block every freakin shot that is taken...so much so that the other team ends up getting a lot of offensive boards because he's taken himself out of the play.

I can understand blocking someone going to the rim, but he seriously will leave his cover to go block someone (who is already being covered well) who is attempting a turn around jumper 5 feet from the opposite block.

When Asik is out, the Rockets have NO reliable rebounder other than DH himself...so when he's flying all over the place trying to swat everything out into the stands, the other team is getting easy put backs.
    This must be why Houston is the #1 rebounding team in the league.

While he hasn't been that bad, he hasn't been that good either. He puts big stats but they are mostly empty. Hes not the defensive presence he used to be and he provides almost no leadership. He'd be a great addition to a solid team to put them over the top, but hes smoking crack thinking he can be a 1st option. A team led by a player like Dwight is guaranteed to fall apart in the playoffs.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    This must be why Houston is the #1 rebounding team in the league.
    By what measure? Because their defensive rebounding rate is actually below average and they're giving up the most offensive rebounds in the league
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2014.html

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    While he hasn't been that bad, he hasn't been that good either. He puts big stats but they are mostly empty. Hes not the defensive presence he used to be and he provides almost no leadership. He'd be a great addition to a solid team to put them over the top, but hes smoking crack thinking he can be a 1st option. A team led by a player like Dwight is guaranteed to fall apart in the playoffs.

If the Lakers had signed Jeremy Lin last year, with Kobe Bryant-Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard, that team might have won 55 games and Kobe might not have gotten hurt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor

come on son...
    You think D12 is better then Big Ben Wallets?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I don't know exactly what the Laker fans were right about. Everybody already knew he sucked at freethrows. I can say he looks better than he did while he was in LA. He's more explosive and he's actually putting forth some effort. The only thing that I'm disappointed in from him is his post play. I expected him to regain some of the moves he had prior to his back surgery. I know it will come in time. The following season he worked with Hakeem the first time, he looked really good. This time though it's just blah. All in all, I'm glad we got him. Once our perimeter players start playing some kind of defense I think we'll be ok. Our offense will get better as the players get used to playing with each other pause.
    Are you not upset by his loser attitude, running away from clutch freethrows with a smile on his face, and throwing his teammates under the bus to the media?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    By what measure? Because their defensive rebounding rate is actually below average and they're giving up the most offensive rebounds in the league
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2014.html
    Despite having Asik and Dwightmare starting? WTF! How does that happen!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Are you not upset by his loser attitude, running away from clutch freethrows with a smile on his face, and throwing his teammates under the bus to the media?
    if he was a laker i'd be upset, but now find it just hilarious bad or good dwight is entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    I don't really understand what you mean about the loser attitude. He doesn't look like he's too happy when we lose, but then again, these regular season games. They mean more to fans than they do for players. The running from the freethrows thing was funny to me. It also burned a few seconds from off the clock. Throwing the guys under the bus to the media? About the bad rotation? I mean, that's speaking on only one particular play out of the entire game. Even then, it wasn't just terrible to me. He's not the biggest flaw on our team if that's what your trying to say.

Banned

Can people finally admit that Laker fans were correct.

I told Rocket fans about those turnovers in the post and he did just that. He turned the ball over on the last possession.

Would we have been in that position in the game without him?

Very good NBA starter

Feel like the Rockets roster is decent for Howard, young and they can grow together, but their style of play is so not the kind of team he should be on. Not a defensive team and not a team that's going to win on low post basketball. All summer I was wondering if they were going to adapt to him (not the other way around) and from what I can tell they haven't... but I haven't watched every Rockets game, so idk?

ill try to summarize it so ppl dont get confused by stats boxscores and such: dwight howard doesnt make teams better, in fact, worse.

as per the urban dictionary

1 - Dwight Howard
    The act of adding something to the mix that ends in a worse result.

Dude 1: Ill add some salt to this icecream

Dude 2: Yuck

Dude 1: Damn, I dwight Howarded it..
    Last edited by Mr. Jabbar; 11-13-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Local High School Star

Is dwight still missing clutch freethrows, getting stripped in the post, committing dumb fouls, and always smiling/laughing on the court?