Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Franchise's All-2000s Team Tournament

I have an idea. We 1st create All-00s Teams for every franchise in the NBA. Basically for each team, we have their best players from the 00s decade.

Then I will run a min-tournament (playoff style) with each team and we will have a winner! The tournament will be run using the WhatifSports simulator. This thing usually does a good job simulating games. Now some of you might complain that this may not be that accurate from previous experience, but here is why this will work perfect!

1) They have made improvments from before
    2) The main problem sometimes is the Def rating of a player maybe too high or too low. But here, we have some control over that since we get to pick the particular season of a player and we can choose one that has a fair defensive rating
    3) Also, we pick EACH player on the team, so we can control things like: Pick a high rebounding year for this player, pick an efficient year for this player, pick a high passing year for this player, and make the team exactly the way we want it.
    4) We control minutes for each player too

Overall, this method will give VERY HIGH accuracy results imo. And you know, play-by-play for each game will be available, along with box scores, etc. So it will be kind of fun to see!

Where I will need help:

1) Creating each team. I am going to start threads here and there getting help to create the All-Decade team for a particular franchise. Fans and knowledable posters of the team can pick who should be on the team, what type of role that player should play (so pick which season), the starting line-up, the minutes, etc. I will create a thread asking for the All-Decade team of 4 franchises at a time and we will work from there.
    2) Simming games maybe? Also to ensure that I do give the 1st results and don’t fix anything, there will be ways people can check that so its all genuine.

Questions and comments can be posted in this thread! This will also be the main thread where all the updates will be given. Start imagining all the teams and matchups that could be present in this tournament!
    Last edited by IceMan2; 06-22-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Default Re: Franchise's All-2000s Team Tournament

If you are willing to do the work (sim and posting the results), I'm positive a lot of people will help you with the teams.

I'll help if I can.

Reading lots of words intimidates me so based on the thread topic I'll just ask this

Are we doing 5 man teams or full 12 man teams?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Reading lots of words intimidates me so based on the thread topic I'll just ask this

Are we doing 5 man teams or full 12 man teams?
    there are a lot of details unspecified yet, all the OP says is there will be a franchise 00s tournament

But 12 man teams (of course). And for each matchup you can make adjustments based on ur 12 man roster

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Assuming you can only have the player when they played for the team? So I can't have 2003 KG on an all-2000s Celtics team?

On that premise, the starters are fairly obvious:

2008-09 Rajon Rondo
    2007-08 Ray Allen
    2005-06 Paul Pierce
    2007-08 Kevin Garnett
    2006-07 Al Jefferson

Perhaps I'm missing a PG who isn't jumping out at me (as Rondo was not at his best until a couple of seasons later) and maybe a Centre, but Al Jeff averaged 16/11 that year. Hard to think of anyone else who made a massive contribution at centre for the Celtics.

EDIT: OK, re-read and I'd have to do a little more research to sort this out for everyone's best scoring, rebounding year etc. And also the other 7 players, though I imagine you'd see 2002-03 'Toine as 6th man.
    Last edited by BlackWhiteGreen; 06-22-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Assuming you can only have the player when they played for the team? So I can't have 2003 KG on an all-2000s Celtics team?
    Yep
    On that premise, the starters are fairly obvious:

2008-09 Rajon Rondo
    2007-08 Ray Allen
    2005-06 Paul Pierce
    2007-08 Kevin Garnett
    2006-07 Al Jefferson

Perhaps I'm missing a PG who isn't jumping out at me (as Rondo was not at his best until a couple of seasons later) and maybe a Centre, but Al Jeff averaged 16/11 that year. Hard to think of anyone else who made a massive contribution at centre for the Celtics.

EDIT: OK, re-read and I'd have to do a little more research to sort this out for everyone's best scoring, rebounding year etc. And also the other 7 players, though I imagine you'd see 2002-03 'Toine as 6th man.
    But remember, there will be entire threads dedicated to 4 teams at a time, and thats when a decade team will be constructed for the franchise

Right now its just question/comment time. For example, yes, the player season you pick for a team has to have that player playing for that team

Also, I will be able to do a lot of team roster input, its just the 8-12th men that I might need help with, just figuring out what type of role-players a team needs to be "complete" which team experts can help with

Local High School Star

PG: Gary Payton 2001-2002
    SG: Ray Allen 2004-2005
    SF: Rashard Lewis 2006-2007
    PF:
    C:

we have had a horrible frontcourt for most of the decade so idk how i can fill out the rest of the sonics team lol

the 2004-05 detriot pistons. no change. this time, we win the title in game seven.

Alrite im gonna start making individual franchise decade team threads, we will do about 3-4 teams/thread

Miami

99-00 Payton
    08-09 Wade
    06-07 Marion
    99-00 Mourning
    99-00 Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Miami

99-00 Payton
    08-09 Wade
    06-07 Marion
    99-00 Mourning
    99-00 Shaq
    Besides for already having said that the player has to have played from that franchise that particular season...

Can we jus apply common sense? We are creating FRANCHISE TEAMS so obviously that player should have played for that FRANCHISE for whichever season you pick him

For example, when you create an All-Time Lakers Team, do you include 67 Wilt from the sixers? No. So why would you include players from other franchises in a Decade All-Franchise Team?

Good High School Starter

Lakers

PG:Gary Payton 2003-04
    SG:Kobe Bryant 2007-08
    SF:Trevor Ariza 2008-09
    PF:Pau Gasol 2009-10
    C: Shaq 1999-00

'12 Chalmers
    '09 Wade
    '12 Lebron
    '12 Bosh
    '00 Mourning
    Last edited by D-Wade316; 06-23-2012 at 02:49 PM.

^^^ Guys there are now threads dedicated to creating the teams. Please post your thoughts on analysis there! Thanks :)

PS: Its only for 00-09 years (last decade)